Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The annual gravy train is about to depart: all fat cats aboard!

124»

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I could :D:D

/pendantic
    Shush you :p Thats the same as I can go from Durham to Manchester for nowt and you'd have to pay ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was going to say the thing about the train doors being selective opening or not but you beat me buy like, 6 hours :(

Thats reminds me of a friend who was sitting on the toilet on the Virgin Voyager trains with the automatic toilet doors (anyone who's been on one will know)

Because they are electronic they can malfunction. The door open to reveal to the queue my friend sitting on the toilet picking her nose.

I've never let her live it down since :D
  • Options
    I don't have to pay while travelling from Durham to Manchester because I won't go on the train anymore paying for petrol doesn't count :D:lol:
    Petrol does count and you know it :p
    Calvin wrote: »
    Thats reminds me of a friend who was sitting on the toilet on the Virgin Voyager trains with the automatic toilet doors (anyone who's been on one will know)

Because they are electronic they can malfunction. The door open to reveal to the queue my friend sitting on the toilet picking her nose.

I've never let her live it down since :D

Thats why you sholdnt use the electric disabled ones!
  • Options
    NOOOO NOOOOOOO!

It doesn't count and YOU know it :p
    Shush! :p
  • Options
    So, i bought some tickets off GNER a while ago, now they must have been selling them off cheap because the franchise has handed over

i just use these as normal, even though its going to be a nation express train?

i assume i should just await for a national express livery train
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    So, i bought some tickets off GNER a while ago, now they must have been selling them off cheap because the franchise has handed over

i just use these as normal, even though its going to be a nation express train?

i assume i should just await for a national express livery train

Are they the 'READER OFF SGL' ones? You use them as normal tickets (booked train only etc). All tickets issued by GNER are valid on National Express East Coast and will be honoured. There definitely isn't much out in National Express silver at the moment so it will probably be the old GNER livery with a different name applied.
  • Options
    they were £5 each way. going to london and back, have come out on quite big tickets long ones, 8 inches etc
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    FOR FUCKS SAKE.

I have to get trains to work, fuck, I need a car, as it is a cheaper more environmentlaly friendly alternative. Trains contribute to global warming because people argue about them, they get annoyed, and heat up the world. :(((

GRR.

Public transport my arse.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    they were £5 each way. going to london and back, have come out on quite big tickets long ones, 8 inches etc
    As long as you stick to the trains specified on the tickets they are fine and absolutely valid.

Any ticket issued by GNER is valid on National Express, as the same with Virgin and Arriva Crosscountry and all the other changes.
  • Options
  • Options
    Iain Coucher, Network Rail?s chief executive, is understood to be furious with Bechtel, the coordinating contractor for the upgrade at Rugby.
    I babysit for his kids sometimes - a salary of £466000? I got £15 for 2 hours! lol.
  • Options
    I babysit for his kids sometimes - a salary of £466000? I got £15 for 2 hours! lol.
    Time for a raise methinks? ;)
  • Options
    I've moved away now, they live in my parent's village so it will be my sister that's after a raise now. They're a really nice family though, his wife is fantastic :D