Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Attacker of 97 year old avoids jail

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Victim left blinded in one eye. No jail sentence.

The attacker, who is absolute scum is a clear and blatant danger to civilised society. A supervision order does not adequately protect the general public (including elderly war veterans) from a clearly dangerous man. The only acceptable option for this kind of violent crime is jail.

Comments

• Options
    Seen this earlier, what the fuck like. He should be behind bars this very moment.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Seen this earlier, what the fuck like. He should be behind bars this very moment.

:yes: He sent the man blind and to a home
  • Options
    Judge Kenneth Macrae told Croydon crown court that it was in the "best interests of the public in the future" for Gordon to receive treatment for his condition rather than be imprisoned.

Like most judges I expect; public school followed by Oxbridge, a a pupilage at Daddy's law firm along the way perhaps?

The higher echelons of the legal system in this country are a virtual closed shop and perhaps if we had one or two judges that had some experience of living in the real world we wouldn't see this kind of madness so often. If someone can get a jail sentence for pirating DVDs how can somebody blind Shah Chaudhry in one eye and put him into a home and not serve a single day behind bars?
  • Options
    Why couldn't he be imprisoned and given treatment as well?
  • Options
    If someone can get a jail sentence for pirating DVDs how can somebody blind Shah Chaudhry in one eye and put him into a home and not serve a single day behind bars?
    A very good question indeed. A cynic would suggest that pirating DVDs hurts the pockets of corporations but beating up old men doesn't.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    A very good question indeed. A cynic would suggest that pirating DVDs hurts the pockets of corporations but beating up old men doesn't.

That was my initial reaction. Although I would stress that pirating "hurts" corporations rather than hurting them.
  • Options
    What I'd like to know is how the attacker even made it off the subway in one piece. Seems to me that any other passenger watching this happen should have left a boot-print on the guys neck.
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    Even Jesus smashed things up when he was in a bad mood for Christs sake.
    He went to Alcatraz...

But walked right to land.

Hehehe
  • Options
    Lif we had one or two judges that had some experience of living in the real world we wouldn't see this kind of madness so often.

The sentence itself is a pile of bollocks, but the judge obviously had his reasons and I'd be interested to hear what they were before I go off on one. Particularly as the attacker is black, and if your stereotyping was anything to go by he should have expected a stronger sentence because of it.

I've said it time and time again, but for most crimes a jury would give a weaker sentence because they are more taken in by the pleas of a "bad childhood" and all that.

The thing that angers me most is that if this man hadn't paid his TV Tax to the Mafia, sorry, BBC (Broadcasting Biased Crap, to nick someone's excellent description) he'd have been sent to prison for much much longer.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Particularly as the attacker is black, and if your stereotyping was anything to go by he should have expected a stronger sentence because of it.

Fuck off. I couldn't give a toss what colour the attacker was. You might be homophobic but I'm certainly not racist.
  • Options
    The sentence itself is a pile of bollocks, but the judge obviously had his reasons and I'd be interested to hear what they were before I go off on one. Particularly as the attacker is black, and if your stereotyping was anything to go by he should have expected a stronger sentence because of it.

It's irrelevant what race the attacker was, he blinded an old man, she should be treated accordingly.
  • Options
    Fuck off. I couldn't give a toss what colour the attacker was. You might be homophobic but I'm certainly not racist.

I didn't say you did, read again...

You would expect an old-boys-brigade rahrah judge to sentence a black man more strongly than a white man.
  • Options
    You would expect an old-boys-brigade rahrah judge to sentence a black man more strongly than a white man.

...where?
  • Options
    The two cases have nothing to do with each other but noticed this man get 8 years in Jail for distributing material that glorified terrorism and suicide bombing

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,,2197529,00.html

Whilst that attacker gets off any kind of jail sentence and only supervised for 3 years

One sentence to me seems way harsh and the other way lenient.
  • Options
    If at the time he had a serious mental illness which is current in remission - and if he was sent to jail that would slip and he would become dangerous again - then I can sort of understand the judge doing what he has done.

However - that leaves out two key points;

1 - This sends out a terrible message

2 - Why cant he get mental health treatment inside?
  • Options
    but he's out and about right?

Not been sent to a mental hospital or anything like that?
  • Options
    The thing that angers me most is that if this man hadn't paid his TV Tax to the Mafia, sorry, BBC (Broadcasting Biased Crap, to nick someone's excellent description) he'd have been sent to prison for much much longer.

Nice to see that it's more important the BBC get their precious money rather than the public being protected.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    He's out and about, but the boys who graffitied the trains, are in prison. rofl.

What a bunch of pathetic shit.