Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Present ideas needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's my boyfriends 18th on the 9th April, and I'm still somewhat at a loss on what to get him. The relationship is serious, but I'm a bit strapped for cash, so replicating the £200 he spent on me is out of the question. I think I can bank on having £100, so need some suggestions within that price bracket!

I'm planning on the whole breakfast/lunch in bed thing (he shares a house with a mate) and then I'll probably cook him a meal that night, or maybe take him out for one. On top of that there'll be the sex, massage, alcohol that night - although I might give him the money to buy his own, and I'll probably rent a film he wants to see or something, and then kick his mate or my parents out. :p

Ideally I want it to be something he wont forget/can keep forever, but he's not into jewellery, and he already has the long leather jacket he wanted. Ta in advance guys! :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    give us a few hints then... does he drive, play/watch football, like puters?
  • Options
    No, no, yes, to put it simply. He spends an awful lot of time playing games on his pc, roleplay and a few shoot em ups. He was having driving lessons, but got bored of them. Perhaps not your typical guy!!

I know he really wants ninjitsu lessons, but nowhere around here does them, and whilst I have looked into them before, I never got anywhere with it. Problem is that's the only martial art he'll settle for! :rolleyes:

And I already got him the Diesel fragrances he wanted for valentines day. It's a tricky one! :chin:
  • Options
    How about lots of smaller gifts, like at xmas I got my bofriend a picture of me in a nice frame, a road Atlas (he needed on for his car), a funny/rude t-shirt, a new wallet and a couple dvds.
  • Options
    sumut kool for his puter maybe?
  • Options
    BJ and steack :thumb:

Cheap and will make him happy... easily worth £200...

Seriously do not tr to replicate the 200 quids thing, it's stupid.
    The amount spend doesn't matter it is te meaning behind it and it needs
    to show how muc you know him. Money is irrelevant in love.
  • Options
    ^ yeah totally. money not important. He obviously made you feel important, and you want to show him h's important to you too as well as make him happy- that's what a great gift is about.
  • Options
    a nice watch? thats what my girlfriend got me for my 21st. mine is an unusal looking diesel one that i wanted and everytime i look at the time it makes me think of her. :)
  • Options
    I agree on that, but it would certainly make life easier! or in theory anyway.

I don't think there's anything for his pc that he needs, certainly nothing under £100.

The smaller presents idea is good though, and will probably be easier than finding one big thing.
  • Options
    He doesn't wear a watch; his soon-to-be-step-dad got him a really nice one last year and I think I've only seen him in it once. Perhaps I could get him into the habit..

I could always get him a new black shirt as one of the little things, I have his current one in my wardrobe and it has a button missing, plus I've nicked it as I like sleeping in it. :p

Reckon a pair of decent trainers would be a bad move? When we went shoe shopping months ago, he was objecting to spending £50 on the pair he liked and went for something else. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    o If he likes games, maybe a £30 gift voucher from game.
    o How about a usb memory stick, they are very cheap now
    o Does he need a new mouse or keyboard?
    o If he's onto martial arts, how about a manga dvd
    o What about a book on learning martial arts
    o How about a poster from a game he likes
    o You could also give him a voucher for some lovin' (you know, a Kate voucher, redemable for anything lovin' related at any time)

Was the last one a bit risque?
    The first few are a bit computer heavy, but thats what I know :)

I recon one big gift, and some smaller ones would be very nice.
  • Options
    Does he have a MP3 player yet?