Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Uh-Oh :(

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have always tried to avoid it, but I have used it in the past when they were small. Slapped legs - not with slipper/belt or anything like that.

Haven't needed to for years though...
  • Options
    But the OPs parents weren't using it as a form of punishment. Of that I am sure.

I know. I can just about see it as a regrettable act in the heat of the moment but like you said. The OP and the parents need to apoligise to eachother.
  • Options
    To be fair, my mum would have slapped me round the face at that age, and she did, although for different reasons. I'm not condoning it, but its just what parents get like in the heat of the moment. I dunno about the drugs thing, if I were you I'd just deny it. In my opinion, the drugs side of life shoud be kept separate from parents, there's just some things they don't need/want to hear.
  • Options
    Aye - I think you need to try getting a hold on your tongue when you're trashed. What with this and getting in trouble with that "hard family" a couple of weeks back (no doubt amongst others), it would be better to just try canning it.

On the note of your mum etc, sure it was possibly wrong, but to be fair - I don't know how I would react under those circumstances. That's a LOT for a parent to hear/see and so I am with MoK and his opinions here.

Apologise, from the off, and perhaps they will too.
  • Options
    Having gone through a sister who was a bit of a tearaway, mum did lash out once and she fucking milked it.

I sometimes find it hard to have sympathy with people who upset their family (not saiyng you did though) and throw everything back in their faces and the first time that someone snaps they run around the streets telling everyone they're a victim.

Just to reiterate I'm not saying this isthe OP I have bad experience of family woes from when I was a bit younger and it rears its ugly head from time to time.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Aye - I think you need to try getting a hold on your tongue when you're trashed. What with this and getting in trouble with that "hard family" a couple of weeks back (no doubt amongst others), it would be better to just try canning it.

On the note of your mum etc, sure it was possibly wrong, but to be fair - I don't know how I would react under those circumstances. That's a LOT for a parent to hear/see and so I am with MoK and his opinions here.

Apologise, from the off, and perhaps they will too.

I think your right about holding my tongue. I need to sort it out because its not on really. Im not at all like it when Im sober only occasionally when Im really drunk.

My mum text me last night any way because we are all going out for dinner tonight and she told me the plans. I text her back but said 'sorry' and then she said 'hm okay but i dont want any more calls from the police station'.

Dad is fine now as well but thinks I need to channel my angry energy into something positive or something like that.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Having gone through a sister who was a bit of a tearaway, mum did lash out once and she fucking milked it.

I sometimes find it hard to have sympathy with people who upset their family (not saiyng you did though) and throw everything back in their faces and the first time that someone snaps they run around the streets telling everyone they're a victim.

Just to reiterate I'm not saying this isthe OP I have bad experience of family woes from when I was a bit younger and it rears its ugly head from time to time.

Na I haven't said anything about the slapping/ squeezing thing to anyone but on here and my best mate.

I know what you mean though people who milk things are annoying and I agree I probably deserved it. If it was my sister she probably would have milked it but I know Im the one in the wrong so.
  • Options
    I think your right about holding my tongue. I need to sort it out because its not on really. Im not at all like it when Im sober only occasionally when Im really drunk.

My mum text me last night any way because we are all going out for dinner tonight and she told me the plans. I text her back but said 'sorry' and then she said 'hm okay but i dont want any more calls from the police station'.

Dad is fine now as well but thinks I need to channel my angry energy into something positive or something like that.

Ah - it sounds like it's a start on mending things :)
  • Options
    JustThinking..X.

You need to clean up your act for you own sake.

Anti-social behaviour is not "cool". Maybe it will hard, maybe you will lose your friends (but hopefully make better ones) but really it is something you need to work on.

Hopefully this will act as a warning. Perhaps the police will let you off with a warning or a caution this time. If they took your details then your name may be on their records for a while just in case there is another incident in which case they may decide to act more harshly.