Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i think i have a problem...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I don't think you should ask your husband for spending money - it's so degrading and patronising. I think it would be better if you shared out a budgeting scheme together.

i dunno if im right but it sounds like its his money..
  • Options
    z- wrote: »

I think you're right here.
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    I think some of it is his, and some of it is her family's. Otherwise he would know about the internet shopping as well...
  • Options
    I don't think you should ask your husband for spending money - it's so degrading and patronising. I think it would be better if you shared out a budgeting scheme together.

Asking for money might be a good short term solution though, or not having any cards. Only using cash. makes you see exactly how much youre spending.
    Its sooo easy to overspend when you shop online.
  • Options
    And actually, it wouldn't be spending money really - it would be money that she's earnt for keeping the house. That's how people used to see it, the women earnt their money, just because they didn't leave the house to do it makes no difference. Think of it like that :)
  • Options
    I know it's his money - but the idea of ''can i have my allowance this week darling?'' seems a bit odd. But budgeting with cash will really help - it's alot harder to part with cash rather than number on a screen.
  • Options
    I know it's his money - but the idea of ''can i have my allowance this week darling?'' seems a bit odd. But budgeting with cash will really help - it's alot harder to part with cash rather than number on a screen.

A lot of people do it vice versa as well though. Its not unheard of for men to hand over their wage cheque for bills, expenses etc, and then just have their spending money back.

I dont fancy either of those ways, but then im not a shopaholic.
  • Options
    Lol sorry couldnt reply sooner, have been soo busy. Anyways i have my income but the majority of it is his from work and stuff. I don't mind asking for an allowance, in fact thats what i wanted to do from the beginning. But, we tried that and the money was spent in a week rather than a month. So now he leaves me about 20quid while hes at work for any food shopping i need and if i want anything else i have to clear it with him before withdrawing. Its a good idea in theory....until i stopped asking him and withdrawing money.

I think the main thing for me to do is be more aware of my spending and not to give in to my urges (for shopping) especially online.
  • Options
    wow Blagsta, you made yourself look like a real bitter twisted asshole in this thread. It's blindingly obvious you're poor and don't like people with money lol.

TBH whether she has an addiction or not why shouldn't she spend 5K in a month if she wants? I would do it if I had the cash and I fancied it. If people have money, they can essentially spend it on what they like.

Amira clearly works hard keeping her home and they give to charity, what more do you want? Do you want her to give all the money to ungrateful paupers like you?
  • Options
    If you can't do it by willpower alone, consider setting up an account without an overdraft, feeding a set amount of 'spending' money into that account and cutting up all your other cards/give them to hubby.