Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i think i have a problem...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hobbs - Yes, i know about the whole not being allowed to dive whilst pregnant, but thanks for the heads up. And in terms of the pregnancy and not trying too hard, sadly this isn't possible in my situation (fertility issues)

Wyetry - Unfortunately all the summer camp type things here are run by private clubs etc so many of them already have the staff required for these things. But i am on the look-out for anything including tutoring which i really enjoy.

Blagsta - I dont see how you can call me a spoilt brat for asking for advice, maybe i have a different lifestyle than most of the people on here, maybe i'm somewhat better off or wealthier than most. But it does not make me spoilt or a brat. I may not work but, i do keep a house and my husbands life in order (both things at home and at work...im pretty much his live in assistant), i look after his family's house and make sure they have everything they need (as his parents aren't in the country). So my not working doesn't mean i sit at home all day doing nothing...i am on the go from 10am till midnight making sure everything in our lives, his work and his family is running smoothly.

So no, i'm not a spoilt brat.

Dobbin - I do know what money means to other people, i see people working 60hours per week and living off a fraction of what we have, but i can't change that. And for this reason i do give money to charity, in fact 10% of what we get every month goes to charities, then we sponsor orphaned children and on top of that 2.5% of all profits/dividends we get each year goes to charity....we are very charitible people. :)

SuzyCreamCheese - See thats the thing, i don't feel as though im depressed or anything....i just feel this huge void where there is no baby. When i look back then i realise that most of this is all depression...i do talk about things, but i just feel like nobody i know really understands and i don't really want to speak to somebody i don't know about everything thats going on.

Butterflykisses - I like that idea, now i need to get an account which isnt linked to il hubby's so he can ration my spending money :)

Again, thank you all for the replies, it really is making me see how bad all this is and makes me want to fix it even more. Thanks again for all the suggestions and encouragement to fix this.
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    So my not working doesn't mean i sit at home all day doing nothing...i am on the go from 10am till midnight making sure everything in our lives, his work and his family is running smoothly.

So... where do you find the time to spend so much cash? Then again, a couple of nice dresses and accessories would easily top that...

Don't worry, not having a go. My money isn't limitless (not by a long shot! In fact, I'm a bit skint now...) like having a rich family would be, but there are times when I have just spent thousands on stuff because I could, just fancied it and/or was bored. £3k on wheels for my car when it already had some very nice ones which had cost me a fortune less than a year before, for example... So I've been there, done that etc.

In the end, you either just have to suck it up, or have a chat with your bloke and ask him to remedy the situation by sorting out your accounts to limit you/cut you off, so to speak. :)
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    what if it was a drunk or drink problem? would you be so harsh?

the fact is she has a problem/addiction, REGARDLESS of what it is

she wanted support and advice, not slagging off...she realises what she is doing is wrong...hence her post

to the OP.... if you are serious about volunterring....go here http://www.do-it.org.uk/

Addiction? Puhlease. :rolleyes:

She has too much money and no responsibility. Get a bloody job Amira, like the rest of us.
  • Options
    g_angel007 - OMG, finally someone who understands...yes a few dresses and jewellery, make-up and then theres the forever expanding DVD collection, video games and then going out all the time etc it does all add up, but then you feel like you havent bought anything. Where do i find the time? An hour here or there, with nothing to do or mornings while nothing needs to be done....then the late night internet shopping. I guess it doesnt help that i dont sleep much.

Blagsta - Read my last post, my life is my job! If you dont have any advice, do me a favour and stop posting in the thread.
  • Options
    then she`d have even more money!!!

She already says she has a very full day most of the time.
    What on earth would be the point of her getting another job, if 1. she doesnt need to, and 2. she already has a busy life?????
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    The phrase "spoilt brat" comes to mind.

Everyone's life is different so stop being a dick.

Amira I think you're really lucky - it sounds like the world is your oyster. Its good that you're thinking of more productive ways to fill your days, especially if its learning something new. I think it would make you a happier person too because you would feel a sense of achievement.
  • Options
    Does anyone IRL know about any of this?
  • Options
    Lipsy - Thanks, I do want to cut down the spending but also take up more hobbies as when il hubby's parents are back, the amount of time im free is most likely going to be doubled. So even if i am spending money going on dives and make-up courses etc it will be less than if i was shopping in all my free time.

Sofie - Yes, my best friend knows, as well as a mutual friend of mine and my husbands and he's told me to call him whenever i want to spend any money online...so he helps a lot. My husband has an idea, he knows how much i spent last month etc...but not about the online spending so much.
  • Options
    g_angel007 - OMG, finally someone who understands...yes a few dresses and jewellery, make-up and then theres the forever expanding DVD collection, video games and then going out all the time etc it does all add up, but then you feel like you havent bought anything. Where do i find the time? An hour here or there, with nothing to do or mornings while nothing needs to be done....then the late night internet shopping. I guess it doesnt help that i dont sleep much.

Heh heh - the only problem is that I have to account for my own spending when the bills come through ;):lol::(

Send me your money and I'll look after it until you need it :lol::D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - I wonder if I'll find me a sugar momma when I move to Bayswater this weekend :D
  • Options
    lol why would you find one in Bayswater (im assuming you mean Bayswater in London)
  • Options
    lol why would you find one in Bayswater (im assuming you mean Bayswater in London)

Because it's much closer to the afluent areas than Ealing ;) It's just off Westbourne Grove, so superbly located.
  • Options
    lol ok, just head down to Knightsbridge (specifically Sloane Street) and you'll find a couple hundred potential candidates...just look for the overly made up and ones with their hair overly done (they dont all look Arab) and dressed very evening-ish and you'll be fine :p

Although...you wouldnt want an Arabic girl, most are too high maintenance :p (and im not talking about the spending here)

ETA: Im sooo proud, i just let four auctions go with things i've wanted for ages! See im getting good at this :)
  • Options
    lol ok, just head down to Knightsbridge (specifically Sloane Street) and you'll find a couple hundred potential candidates...just look for the overly made up and ones with their hair overly done (they dont all look Arab) and dressed very evening-ish and you'll be fine :p

Although...you wouldnt want an Arabic girl, most are too high maintenance :p (and im not talking about the spending here)

ETA: Im sooo proud, i just let four auctions go with things i've wanted for ages! See im getting good at this :)

;)

Oh, yes, I am familiar with the look :D

... and I don't do high maintenance. :p
  • Options

Blagsta - Read my last post, my life is my job! If you dont have any advice, do me a favour and stop posting in the thread.

I given you advice - stop whinging, appreciate how bloody lucky you are and get a job.
  • Options

She has too much money and no responsibility. Get a bloody job Amira, like the rest of us.

You sound jealous and bitter tbh. Different people have different amounts of money, thats life.
  • Options
    I given you advice - stop whinging, appreciate how bloody lucky you are and get a job.

If she doesn't need one, why should she? You really do sound jealous and bitter.
  • Options
    Amira,

Well done on taking steps to help yourself and letting the auctions go. I was suffering from stress and didnt realise it at all, it was only when I went to my GP about something totally unrelated that it was diagnosed. Sometimes its easy to push how you feel to the back of your mind and hide it, even to yourself. Its all very easy to look at your life and think that you should be happy, and pretend you are because you have a life that you know most people dream of.

I'm sorry that people find it easy to say you shouldnt complain because you are wealthy. Unfortunately some people see money as something that makes you happy in life when as you know its not the be all and end all. Obviously it helps and its one less thing to worry about but at the end of the day you shouldnt have to justify your bank balance and what you choose to do with it to anyone except anyone who it directly affects.
  • Options
    I'm sorry that people find it easy to say you shouldnt complain because you are wealthy. Unfortunately some people see money as something that makes you happy in life when as you know its not the be all and end all. Obviously it helps and its one less thing to worry about but at the end of the day you shouldnt have to justify your bank balance and what you choose to do with it to anyone except anyone who it directly affects.

Precisely, people with money suffer from exactly the same sort of issues as everyone else. And to be honest, you're no different from any other housewife, you are just in a lucky position that your husband earns enough for you to go shopping regularly :)

I would reiterate what everyone else says - try and write down what your spending, keep all your accounts etc separate from your husband's, and have him give you 'spending money', and maybe think about doing something to fill your time. Often excessive spending (or drinking, or eating, etc etc) mannifests itself because you're trying to replace something that's missing, so if you try and distract yourself from that then that may help.

*hugs* (and yes, i should be revising for my exam... oops ;D)
  • Options
    I think you're out of order Blagsta. People come to the site asking for advice, not to be judged. If a girl posted in the sex forum that she had had sex with several guys and thought she might be pregnant, would you call her a slag and tell her to use condoms? Or offer helpful, non judgemental advice?

Or do you just have a grudge against people with money?

Aren't you a drug worker or something similar? I hope you don't judge your clients in the way we have seen on this thread.

Sorry to derail your thread Amira.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    I think you're out of order Blagsta. People come to the site asking for advice, not to be judged. If a girl posted in the sex forum that she had had sex with several guys and thought she might be pregnant, would you call her a slag and tell her to use condoms? Or offer helpful, non judgemental advice?

Or do you just have a grudge against people with money?

Aren't you a drug worker or something similar? I hope you don't judge your clients in the way we have seen on this thread.

Sorry to derail your thread Amira.

Gotta say - I reckon someone would place blame on a girl in that situation. I guess some of the judgements people have made is a bit unfair, but in defence of your average joe, most people on this forum (as far as I'm aware) don't have the kind of money that you're spending, Amira. I think we need to come to terms with the fact that people are going to feel a touch bitter when they work 3 months to earn what someone else can spend inside a few days. That's not to condone the reactions of certain people, but hopefully offers some consolation to you.

I would reccommend seeing a counsellor, or at the very least, a doctor, just in case SCC is right and this spending is the cause of an underlying problem.
  • Options

there are all sorts of addictions, just because she aint a junkie doesnt mean she can control her actions any better

and WHY should she get a job? she doesnt need one...I bet you're the type of person who whinges about people like her who take jobs that poor "people need"

i doubt any of us would work if we didnt HAVE to

you're coming across as being very bitter
  • Options
    Wyetry - Unfortunately all the summer camp type things here are run by private clubs etc so many of them already have the staff required for these things. But i am on the look-out for anything including tutoring which i really enjoy.

did u have a look at the link i gave ya?x
  • Options
    did u have a look at the link i gave ya?x

Wasn't that a UK based charity site? I think Amira is in Dubai...

Amira, I haven't got anything else to add on top of other peoples excellent suggestions regarding budgeting/hobbies etc... the main thing though is to not beat yourself up over it - each step is an improvement and as you have already seen by not bidding on those auctions, it gives you a sense of self-control to deal with your problems in a constructive and sensible manner. If you can start small and do that you are well on your way to limiting your spending to a more sensible amount!

Good luck...

Splodgey
    x
  • Options
    Splodgey wrote: »
    Wasn't that a UK based charity site? I think Amira is in Dubai...

poop :(
  • Options
    What advice was that? To get a job? Because she's already given a pretty valid reason why she doesn't want a job, and as someone else has already said, if she DID get one, you'd probably be whinging that she doesn't need one blahblahblah. She's said that she's very busy during the day, so hush up. Just because her problem isn't one you recognise as being serious, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Amira - do PADI do different levels of diving? If so, when you get your certificate, you could keep climbing the ladder to the higher qualifications until you get pregnant. It's good that you're trying to get a grip on this :).

Oh, and if you're feeling particularly charitable, the "Franki's going to uni soon and is completely utterly skint and needs some money" fund is looking pretty bare atm ;).
  • Options
    Set up a few savings accounts that won't let you withdraw the money unless you give notice at the bank in person.
    Each month set aside an amount to transfer to the accounts leaving you with enough money to live on.
  • Options
    I'd be willing to act as a savings account for you Amira. Send the money my way and I'll make sure you don't spend any ;).

On a more serious note, although I want to be an accountant in the future, I'm already giving advice to my friends on how to save

Interest rates are rising, it's a good time to save cash.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Can you be any more rude and judgemental? It's good to know you don't accept that women can be house wives and work hard at doing so. :rolleyes:
    Hey everyone, Blagsta has decided that a problem's only a problem if he thinks it is - because he knows everything about your life, how you feel and that you need to be told how to live your life. If only we all had such magnificent insight. :banghead:
  • Options
    poop :(

There are probably similar things where she lives.
    and have him give you 'spending money',

:yes: This does seem like a good idea.
  • Options
    I don't think you should ask your husband for spending money - it's so degrading and patronising. I think it would be better if you shared out a budgeting scheme together.