Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Radio 1 Big Weekend

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone know if they have got tickets yet or not?
Apparently, Scott Mills was saying, you will get an email whether you have been successful or not...I'm still waiting, and refreshing my email every 5 mins :blush:
I WANT TO GO!! *stomps around heavily*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've just got a 'We are very sorry you were not lucky enough to get
    tickets for Radio 1’s Big Weekend' e-mail :crying:
  • Options
    i still havent heard either way :(
  • Options
    I got a 'sorry' email as well :(
  • Options
    Still nothing for me either :( not good!
  • Options
    He said only 1.8% of applicants will get a ticket, so basically if you do you've been super lucky, and if you don't you've been normal.
  • Options
    I'm waiting for an email either way as well :( Going to check again now lol
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    He said only 1.8% of applicants will get a ticket, so basically if you do you've been super lucky, and if you don't you've been normal.

that low? i know quite a few people who've won them
  • Options
    Got my e-mail...and... I didnt get any tickets :crying:
  • Options
    I won TWO pairs for the Saturday :D

I'm swapping one of my Saturday pair's for a Sunday pair with this girl so a). Providing she doesn't con me and cancels the ticket and b). I don't get asked for ID (because it says they "may" ask for it and even if they do, I'll come up with some excuse), I'm going BOTH DAYS!!!! :hyper: Even if it doesn't work out, I'm definately going on the Saturday!

My flat mate won a pair too! WAHEY for living in Prestonia and having a PR1 postcode! :D
  • Options
    Ooh so who are you taking Stace?
  • Options
    I won TWO pairs for the Saturday :D

I'm swapping one of my Saturday pair's for a Sunday pair with this girl so a). Providing she doesn't con me and cancels the ticket and b). I don't get asked for ID (because it says they "may" ask for it and even if they do, I'll come up with some excuse), I'm going BOTH DAYS!!!! :hyper: Even if it doesn't work out, I'm definately going on the Saturday!

My flat mate won a pair too! WAHEY for living in Prestonia and having a PR1 postcode! :D

Och, brill! See I told you! :yippe:
  • Options
    Hehe, thanks Becky :D I took your advice about fiddling with the addresses and emails, haha! Worked a treat!
    Ooh so who are you taking Stace?

Well, I was going to take my flat mate if she didn't win a pair but she has won a pair soooo I've asked my best friend from back home to come. However, she can't tell me if she can come or not until tomorrow as she needs to try and get the day off work. If she can't, I've got other people to ask and I'm sure it won't be hard to find someone who wants to go! Hehehe.

I'm so EXCITED! Its the first day after my last ever exam too! :hyper:

I'm hoping that swapping the spare tickets thing will be ok so I can go on the Sunday too!
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »

I know, and his maths was POOR. 98% of tickets were going to people in the local area, 2% to everyone else - so if you don't live in the local area you have way less chance than 1% to get them.

I still haven't heard.
  • Options
    Oh wow! Well done Stace, you jammy bugger! :p

I still havent heard, not much of the 9th left now :(
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I didnt get any either but meh!
  • Options
    Nothing! I thought I was supposed to get a reply either way? How fecking rude! :mad:
  • Options
    I know, and his maths was POOR. 98% of tickets were going to people in the local area, 2% to everyone else - so if you don't live in the local area you have way less chance than 1% to get them.
    Which is bollocks as well really. I don't live in the local area, but this is easily as close as they're ever going to bring anything this big to me, and Preston is an hour and 20 on the train. Manchester is usually how far we have to go for anything decent and that's well over 2 hours.
  • Options
    I signed up purely because it was free and not really bothered about it, so I was astounded to find out I've won a pair!! Huddersfield postcode.
    I'm very happy, I've never been to a music festival or even a major music gig before so I'm bloomin' excited. :)
  • Options
    pah1986 wrote: »
    I signed up purely because it was free and not really bothered about it, so I was astounded to find out I've won a pair!! Huddersfield postcode.
    I'm very happy, I've never been to a music festival or even a major music gig before so I'm bloomin' excited. :)

Me neither (not a festival anyway!) and its practically on my doorstep!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

If I manage to get in on the Sunday I am going to come and pester you both :p

Strangely enough, my flatmate didn't win using her Preston postcode, she won using her Liverpool postcode!
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Nothing! I thought I was supposed to get a reply either way? How fecking rude! :mad:

I haven't either, it's irritating isn't it haha.
  • Options
    I wish Radio 1 would remember us southerners when they plan their big sodding weekends :grump:
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    I haven't either, it's irritating isn't it haha.

yeah, but I just looked on website and it said if you havent received an email then your email provider could have stopped it, and if not, you could have typed the incorrect address...I dont think that is the case with me! I think they just forgot about me, you and koe :(
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    yeah, but I just looked on website and it said if you havent received an email then your email provider could have stopped it, and if not, you could have typed the incorrect address...I dont think that is the case with me! I think they just forgot about me, you and koe :(

I didn't type the wrong address, because I got a email confirming I'd applied. So I guess hotmails just been a twat.

They forgot Chris too :(
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    I didn't type the wrong address, because I got a email confirming I'd applied. So I guess hotmails just been a twat.

They forgot Chris too :(

yeah i got that email. So not quite understanding what is going on :( Just a big conspiracy against couples :p
  • Options
    I've no idea why everyone's complaining here, email Radio 1 or an obudsman - but before you dooooo.... think about this:

What do you expect?! It's FREE! They change the location every year and give priority to those actually in the area and a meagre handful to those outside of it.
  • Options
    May 19 2007
    Kasabian
    The Fratellis
    Jamie T
    Groove Armada
    LCD Soundsystem
    CSS
    Biffy Clyro
    Cold War Kids
    The Pigeon Detectives

Stacey! Just keep your Saturday tickets! Sunday looks dreadful! Bloc Party are horrible live, The View have egos the size of Kyle's hair and the Kaiser Chiefs are bawbags and the rest I can't tolerate.

I've provided you a list of who you should see! :razz:
  • Options
    Haha, they are a SPARE pair.

I'm definately going on the saturday whatever happens! :D

I'm swapping my spare pair of Saturday tickets for a Sunday pair! I may as well, lol.
  • Options
    This is what their website says about where all the tickets are going:
    Radio 1 wrote:
    As we've previously said, the majority of these tickets have been given to people in the North-West and the Preston area. We used people's postcodes to determine this. Here's the breakdown of where they went:

16,024 tickets to postcodes PR1 and PR2
    7,100 tickets to postcodes PR3-PR9 and BB1-BB12
    10,740 tickets to the North West of England area
    1,636 tickets to the rest of the UK.

Regarding the emails apparently...
    Radio 1 wrote:
    As we sent out over 450,000 identical emails to people who didn't get tickets there is a chance email providers have rejected these emails as spam - unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this.

Alternatively you may have given us the wrong email address - a surprisingly large amount of people make this mistake.

As long as you gave the correct name and postal address, your tickets will be sent out if you were successful.
  • Options
    nothing for me or koe :( and that was with two BB postcodes
  • Options
    I registered 10 times with BB7 postcodes and no tickets. Absolutly gutted. Well wanted to go!