Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the old days !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone ever think how good they had it at a certain point? But didn't realise it at all at the time?

Why is it so hard to not take things for granted :p

ow well, nothing like a bit of nostalgia :)

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I mostly feel nostalgic about a time in my life that was based on a big lie... Still, I think I was happy then.
  • Options
    Yep I love nostalgia...it's great thinking about some great things in the past. However, I also love thinking about the future, and what it holds.

I'd just love to be able to see properly again, even for one day.
  • Options
    :yes: you don't know what u have until it's gone....
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't like nostalgia, it makes my heart hurt...
  • Options
    Nostalgia's not as good as it used to be.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Nostalgia's not as good as it used to be.
    was about to post that you bastard.
  • Options
    Life for me is the best its ever been.

I look back and wonder how we ever coped on so little money and in such a crap house.

I do wonder where four and a half years have gone though. Only feels yesterday we started going out.
  • Options
    Well maybe in the future you'll feel weirdly about the time you have now... it's good to have the memories definately but it feels bad at the same time cos you will probly never have a time like that again..bitter-sweet ;p (well..maybe better maybe worse but still different :p)
  • Options
    i get a bit nostalgic about certain aspects of my life at certain times, like i miss the way i looked when i was 21, and i miss how fit and healthy i was when i was about 15, and i miss the friends/social life i had in the sixth form, and i miss the disposable income i had when i still lived at home.

but all things considered, i'm happier now.
  • Options
    was about to post that you bastard.
    In my day it didn't matter!
  • Options
    yeah when i was a size 10 :(
  • Options
    i used to think i was really REALLY fat when i was a size 12 teenager. now i think " i really should've worn skirts and vest tops and skimpy stuff while i could've done" ( i'm a size 20 now) :impissed:
  • Options
    Right now seems pretty good to me. Today, life is peachy, not perfect but not a big bag of shit like it has been in the past. The only way is up baby... for you and me now... the only way is... ok I'll stop now.
  • Options
    I LOVE my life right now - ok i dont have a boyfriend, aupairing doesnt pay that much and i dont know if i got into uni yet but i am really content. This is where i want to be right now and know there is still hope for the future. My life isnt perfect but im not taking the amazing life I have for granted.
  • Options
    Fuck being nostalgic.

Although I suppose I miss having "being grown up" to look forward to. It's reasonably going to plan so-far, though...I work for a great company, am not married and have some cool digital cordless phones.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    anyone ever think how good they had it at a certain point? But didn't realise it at all at the time?

Why is it so hard to not take things for granted :p

ow well, nothing like a bit of nostalgia :)

Yeah, inbetween the ages of 0-15, when responsibility was next to nil and I wasnt so cynical about the world in general. Then, the grinding weights of exams, jobs, more exams, not being able to find a job, Uni etc...all set in... :(