Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Radio 1 Big Weekend

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the line up is shit im not fussed at all

the only band i would want to see is kaiser chiefs and maybe that other one jamie t is alright if you can get over his ridiculous accent
  • Options
    Where do we park? Is there a cheap park 'n' ride to the park or something?
  • Options
    There isn't a park and ride near there, no. Theres like a big retail park thingy but I'm guessing they are going to be really strict on the day with how long you can park in there and stuff because its really close to the park so loads of people will be looking to park in there.

If I'm completely honest with you, I think you are going to be best parking up near where I live at the University because like, just down the side of my building there is usually a few spots where you can park for FREE at the weekend but obviously it might be a bit busier that particular weekend. If you come early enough, I'll help you find one if you like as I'll probably be going on the Sunday myself anyway. If not, I'd advise looking really hard down the little streets around there for parking spaces.
  • Options
    No one there that particulary excites me.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »

Not even for the fact it's in sunny Preston :p
  • Options
    Just got my tickets and apparently there's also a pass for a park and ride at the bus station or college, and looking at the map they both look miles away from the park! Lazy me :yeees:

There's also a random link to some Radio 1 publicity stunt treasure hunt alternative reality gaming bullshit thing..... odd whatever it is.
  • Options
    The bus station is in town :eek: Saying that, I'm a 10 minute walk from town and a ten minute walk from Moor Park so it isn't really that far.

I have no idea where the college is though so that must be a few miles away! I haven't got my tickets yet but we don't get post on Saturdays anyway!

I'm guessing you don't want any help finding somewhere to park then Phil? :p I bet you don't even end up finding the park! :lol:
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »

Nah me neither, alright if its free and your local I suppose.
  • Options
    Haha, my flatmate received a pair she didn't know she'd won yesterday. We have both won two pairs for the Saturday :o
  • Options
    Its supposed to be raining all weekend, meh :(

I don't wanna get wet and ya not allowed to take in Umbrellas apparently!
  • Options
    Its supposed to be raining all weekend, meh :(

I don't wanna get wet and ya not allowed to take in Umbrellas apparently!

I'd happily get pissed on by the clouds in exchange for free gig tickets! :yes:

Have a good time :thumb:, I'm dead jealous :impissed:
  • Options
    I don't know if I wanna go now because of the rain, lol. I don't have any waterproof clothes either!
  • Options
    I don't know if I wanna go now because of the rain, lol. I don't have any waterproof clothes either!

Get a kag in a bag! It's a waterproof jacket you put into this wee drawstring bag which'll fit in your handbag. Also get a pair of wellies and wear them with skinny jeans - trust me you'll be thankful!

But most of the acts are under big tents, Stacey I think you'll be okay mate.

I'm actually pondering going. Someone in Edinburgh has tickets and will sell them for a reasonable price!

But alas, I have Death Disco insteeeeeeeeead. :razz:
  • Options
    My mate has COOL wellies but I don't have any and unless I go out first thing Saturday morning, I won't be able to get any :( Do they sell them in Primark? :lol: I'm quite poor!

Where do you buy those waterproof jacket things?

Ooo what day might you be getting tickets for? They have names and addresses on yanno so if you get ID'd at the gates, you might not get in! Also, do you trust the person because you can cancel them (as they have a barcode on them) and order new ones!

My second pair hasn't arrived yet and they are were supposed to arrive by today! :nervous:
  • Options
    My mate has COOL wellies but I don't have any and unless I go out first thing Saturday morning, I won't be able to get any :( Do they sell them in Primark? :lol: I'm quite poor!

Where do you buy those waterproof jacket things?

Ooo what day might you be getting tickets for? They have names and addresses on yanno so if you get ID'd at the gates, you might not get in! Also, do you trust the person because you can cancel them (as they have a barcode on them) and order new ones!

My second pair hasn't arrived yet and they are were supposed to arrive by today! :nervous:

Aw I'm not going, cause it means I miss out on two of my mate's birthdays and also I miss out on my best mate leaving to love in London. But I would have went on the Saturday. :yes:

You can get cheapo wellies from Shoefayre or Priceless shoes for maybe about 7quid or so.

Your kagoule in a bag you'd get one no bother from BHS/Millets/Dunne Stores/TJ Hughes and those sort of places.

You might get one from Argos but it might be a bit expensive.
  • Options
    Ahhhhh, thanks for all that info! :D
  • Options
    I don't know what to doooo. My spare pair for the Saturday haven't arrived and they said if you don't get them today, to ring this number.

Anyways, I won the pair that have arrived through my yahoo email account. The one I've yet to come through the post are the ones I won through my hotmail account. If I rang them up and told them that my tickets haven't arrived, do you think the ones I've already had delivered would be cancelled due to having the same address?
  • Options
    Heh, its alright. I've just rang home (back in bloody Cheshire!) and I've had a pair delivered there! Can't believe I won a pair using that address! :o
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Aw I'm not going, cause it means I miss out on two of my mate's birthdays and also I miss out on my best mate leaving to love in London. But I would have went on the Saturday. :yes:

You can get cheapo wellies from Shoefayre or Priceless shoes for maybe about 7quid or so.

Your kagoule in a bag you'd get one no bother from BHS/Millets/Dunne Stores/TJ Hughes and those sort of places.

You might get one from Argos but it might be a bit expensive.

I've just searched Prestonia town centre for wellies everywhere and I finally managed to get some! Some minging green one's though! :lol:

I've got back, and I've been told that the whole site has had boards placed on it to avoid a mud bath and to protect the park! What a waste of money! And EFFORT! It took me ages to find them :grump:

Mmm, I suppose I can keep them and use them next year if I go a festival as I plan to!
  • Options
    FUCK ME! What AN amazing fucking weekend! Infact, thats the best weekend I've had ever and what makes it EVEN BETTER is that I had my last exam Friday morning. I spent all Friday getting pissed with my coursemates.

THENNNNN, on Saturday and Sunday I went to Radio One's Big Weekend AND I sawwwwww....
    The Klaxons (OMG these were SO fucking cool!)
    The Fratellis (OMG these were even fucking better, proper buzzing!!!!!)
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Mika
    Rihanna
    Razorlight
    Scissor Sisters
    Kasabian (fuck me, these were good!)
    Natasha Bedingfield
    The Pigeon Detectives (fucking good performers!!!!)
    Groove Armada
    The Gossip
    Westwood (what a dick, honestly!)
    Mark Ronson
    The Enemy
    Jamie T
    Maximo Park
    Zane Lowe :heart:

I'm really fucking BUZZING!

Its on BBC3 now and its playing the Kaiser Chiefs and like, they were playing AN HOUR ago and I was there, ooooo! Hehehehee. I might be on tellllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Oh, and I also saw Vernon Kay, Jo Wiley, Sara Cox, Chris Moyles, Fern Cotten and errrr Edith Bowman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEE :hyper:

The weather was really good too! No rain! My feet are killing me though!!!!!