Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Takeaway Food

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Looking into creating a website for my local town and including the ability to go online and see local places that deliver food and see photos of what it all looks like and order everything online to be delivered. I can't say I ever get food delivered myself these days.

So what I wanna know is

1. How often per month do you order food to be delivered or picked up
2. How much the average spend is per month
3. What food do you mostly order and how long do they take to deliver it
4. How do you know what to order? i.e. Do you use their leaflet, order from their website / off the TV (like on Sky TV - Domino's Pizza thing)

:wave:

Comments

• Options
    It's my partner and I

1. About twice
    2. £20
    3. Sushi, takes about 15 mins to arrive
    4. We have a menu
  • Options
    Just me.

1. 4 or 5

2. £35

3. Chinese food, I usually walk to collect it as it's only a couple of minutes away. They usually quote me '10 minutes' and it's never been much longer than 15.

4. I have a menu that I picked up the first time I went there.
  • Options
    This is based on 2 of us.

1. Probably twice.
    2. Approx £20/£25
    3. Chinese, I phone it in and pick it up, takes about max 10 mins.
    4. Got a menu.

xsazx 15 times a month is crazy!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

So what I wanna know is

4. How do you know what to order? i.e. Do you use their leaflet, order from their website / off the TV (like on Sky TV - Domino's Pizza thing)

1. Once a fortnight on average
    2. £50 for two people
    3. Indian or Fish & Chips Indian is the only delivery we get which usually takes about 45 mins.
    4. We usually order from the leaflet

On the subject of takeaways - there were some interesting interviews by the Guardian in the weekend mag about the nation's takeaways - the world in a box
    :)
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    Family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids)

1. about 15
    2. omg! works out about £400 :eek2:
    3. pizza, if the parents are out, normally about 45 min (after me walking up the road in the pitch black trying to find them, 8 phone calls for my directions etc :yeees: )
    4. leaflets in the shop, order the same thing so just know what to ask for, know the kebab, chinese, fish and chip shop and pizza shops phone numbers off by heart :blush: we're awful!!!

Your family orders take-aways 15 times a month? So like, 3 or 4 times a week?! :shocking:

1. Once or twice a week
    2. £10-£20
    3. Its usually a takeaway on the way home from a night out so burger & chips :lol:
    4. Err the takeaway menu?
  • Options
    dad recons its more than that :blush: ah well i dont eat much else

you're not an american family per chance? :razz:
  • Options

1. About 4 times per month
    2. Around £70 - £80
    3. We like to order Thai, Indian, Chinese or Pizza
    4. We tend to order the same things so we know what we want, but otherwise we have a leaflet for the Thai and Indian and we use the internet to check the Chinese and Pizza.
  • Options
    lol nope am 100% english, is probably 4/5 a week lately as mum doesnt like cooking and we're incredibly fussy, i dont eat breakfast or lunch though so am on the verge of anorexia for the 2nd time

What take-aways do you eat? If its the ones I assume, it sounds like you and your family have a really unhealthy diet and without meaning to be harsh towards your mother but she shouldn't make you eat that shit all the time and cook you proper food. It what mother's do. Why doesn't your Dad cook food instead?
  • Options
    What take-aways do you eat? If its the ones I assume, it sounds like you and your family have a really unhealthy diet and without meaning to be harsh towards your mother but she shouldn't make you eat that shit all the time and cook you proper food. It what mother's do. Why doesn't your Dad cook food instead?

She's already said what they order - and there's nothing to say takeway food is unhealthy - she's not talking about mass produced food from Burger Kings and Mac D's, but locally made meals from local businesses.
  • Options
    "3. pizza, if the parents are out, normally about 45 min (after me walking up the road in the pitch black trying to find them, 8 phone calls for my directions etc )
    4. leaflets in the shop, order the same thing so just know what to ask for, know the kebab, chinese, fish and chip shop and pizza shops phone numbers off by heart we're awful!!"

How is pizza, fish and chips, chinese or kebabs healthy?! Sure, there is healthy chinese dishes but as for the rest...
  • Options
    About 2/3 times a month
    A guess but £40
    Pizza or Chinese usually and around 45 minutes
    I usually know what I want but take a gander at the menu anyway.
  • Options
    1. About once a month, if that.
    2. About £10 between the two of us as there's usually a BOGOF offer on.
    3. Pizza. I can cook most other stuff. Can do pizza but can't be arsed larking about with dough, and usually have take away because i don't feel like cooking.
    4. Leaflet that gets shoved through the door.
  • Options
    Right. 2 of us.

1. Maybe once a fortnight?
    2. Depends what we get, but probably about £30-35 a month.
    3. We tend to order chinese, which we go and collect as they charge £1.50 to deliver, it's just around the corner, and if we get it it only takes 15 mins, whereas to have it delivered takes anything upto an hour. Sometimes go and get fish and chips (once every couple of months), never have indian delivered as it's not great round here, and once in a blue moon get pizza or kebabs delivered after a night out. That usually takes about 1hr-1hr 30mins.
    4. We do tend to have the same sort of thing, but we do have a menu. If we're being particularly lazy and can't be bothered to get the menu from the fridge, we sometimes look at it online instead :)
  • Options
    To all questions hardly ever. We have the odd takeaway from one of the local fish and chip places but thats it. Only every three/four months anyway.

If we want a nice indian/chinese we just by the stuff we want from tesco (or M&S) and cook it at home.
  • Options
    How is pizza, fish and chips, chinese or kebabs healthy?! Sure, there is healthy chinese dishes but as for the rest...

Why is pizza unhealthy? some nice stone baked dough, tomatoes slow down cancer, you can have all sorts of toppings, spinach, tuna, salmon, mushrooms, all healthy stuff .. in fact I'm struggling to see why a pizza shouldn't be one of the most healthy meals out there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3703396.stm

Kebabs, no one is saying she's eating Donor's made from the scraps - some freshly prepared meat, and salad, sounds healthy enough to me in moderation.

Dunno why the word takeway means food has to be unhealthy .. many people order out cos they can't cook or have the time to cook and if they did the alternative might be processed frozen food from the supermarket.
  • Options
    Fair enough but just out of interest, if you are so fussy about food, why don't you cook food yourself? You can cook something really nice in 15 minutes. You say you order rice and chicken from the take-away, that only takes around 15 minutes to make at home. Making a salad takes even less time :)
  • Options
    This is based on my family right before anyone thinks i'm a right fuckin porker. So based on 4 or 5 adults.

1. 4 or 5 times, we live out in the sticks so rarely delivered - we go pick it up.

2. About 60/70 squid.

3. Usually pizza or chinese. About 15/20 mins.

4. The menus. Don't use websites or tv.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    This is based on my family right before anyone thinks i'm a right fuckin porker. So based on 4 or 5 adults.

1. 4 or 5 times, we live out in the sticks so rarely delivered - we go pick it up.

2. About 60/70 squid.

3. Usually pizza or chinese. About 15/20 mins.

4. The menus. Don't use websites or tv.

Porker :D
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Porker :D

Says the bloke who keeps McDonalds in business :p
  • Options
    1. Twice.
    2. Approx £20
    3. Chinese mainly - 1--20 min to pick up
    4. Got a menu.
  • Options
    Fucks sake, now I want a fucking takeaway and none are open! I can't afford this shit either!

Mate I would kill for a Meat Feast Pizza right now...
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever ordered takeaway to be delivered in my life, but I do get takeaways. There's a Chinese takeaway opposite my flat but only ate there twice, it was too expensive and not that nice.

Sometimes get a pizza for £2 or £3 after a night out, or chicken in a naan with salad. Mmmm.
  • Options

4 times a month

Approx £70

Chinese or chicken kebab... neither deliver so we go to pick them up - 15 mins for chinese and 20 mins for kebab

Tend to choose the same things but we do have a chinese menu at home

We had a company called Takeout2u in our town which was a great idea... you ordered directly with them and they would pick up from about 6 different restaurants/takeaways that didn't deliver themselves... if you had a large party you could get them to pick up from more than one place and get alcohol too... not sure what happened with them though - everytime i was in a position to order from them their number didn't work... shame really as I think it was a good idea.
  • Options
    Im quite suprised how costly these takeaways are, in Leeds we get 2 11inch pizzas for £7.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    olaola wrote: »
    Im quite suprised how costly these takeaways are, in Leeds we get 2 11inch pizzas for £7.
    Two 12inch for £6 in Huddersfield :p

Just had a chinese tonight which was £12 for two of us. But we had tons of food!
  • Options
    12 inch pizza in kent is going on £11

yeh thats the going rate in Watford. Thats why i prefer a supermarket pizza when back home, they are just as tasty