Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

With friends like these...

US launches missile attack on Pakistani village without permission- locals not amused

Good to see the concepts of sovereignty, territorial integrity and "allies" are as strong as ever amongst the US government. :D
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote:
    US launches missile attack on Pakistani village without permission- locals not amused

Good to see the concepts of sovereignty, territorial integrity and "allies" are as strong as ever amongst the US government. :D

Like the American Military EVER differentiates between civilian or enemy. We've seen this, its expected.

Hell, i suppose, a foreigner dead is always good un? Like when they were told to put any kill down as "hostile" on reports regardless. Cover your arse.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Winning friends and influencing people, that's what the US government does best! :rolleyes:

I wonder how much this will boost anti-US sentiment in the region. Hell I wouldn't blame them for hating the US when the government pulls stunts like this.
  • Options
    No AL Qaeda boogeymen in sight but again another unmistakable act of death and destruction from the "brand America" killing machine. How much longer till the masses realise who the real threat to world peace truly is?
  • Options
    It really is Team America World Police!
  • Options
    I think the US sees civilians as terrorists in disguise.
  • Options
    Will the US pay compensation to those who've lost their families and their houses? War reparations, whatever.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, cheque's in the mail!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, cheque's in the mail!

Thats what annoys me the most. Its not about the moneym or anything, but real peoples lives have been destroyed - if a missile strike hit my house while i was out and killed my family what the hell would I do with myself?? And then the US just says "oh, it wasnt us". Begs the question, who on earth was it?! Who hsa the resources to launch surgical missile strikes on small villages. Well where it is, its going to be either Pakistan, the US or 'terrorists'.

I just hate people when theyve got blood on their hands just shrug it off and say it wasnt them. Id like someone to blow up some US senators families and houses and see how they like (not really, before anyone blows up). All governments are so far detatched from real human suffering that they simply dont care. And we live in a democracy where we elected these people!
  • Options
    suspected terrorist in liverpool ...getting dangerous!
  • Options
    suspected terrorist in liverpool ...getting dangerous!

I think now though we could class teenagers as terrorists, could we not?
  • Options
    I think now though we could class teenagers as terrorists, could we not?
    if you believe the crap in the press yes.
    i think the VAST majority of teenagers aint much different from those before them ...except maybe for their attitude to booze.
    in my day ...if you got that rat arsed you started recking things and or fighting ...you were considered to not be able to handle your drink.
    most people would refuse to drink with them in my youth ...but ...it seems to be the twenty somethings to the thirty somethings who mostly cause the drunken problems round here.
    i blame bad drugs education and ...a certain feeling of hopelesness.