Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Breast reductions...

...out of CURIOUSITY, how big do you have to be to be able to have one?

Also, are they available on the NHS?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think however big is affecting you physically and/or mentally but I'm not totally sure.
  • Options
    ...out of CURIOUSITY

Hey, it's ok :)
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I think however big is affecting you physically and/or mentally but I'm not totally sure.
    I think this is probably right, if someone is suffering due to the size of their breasts or if they are disproportionately large then I think the NHS probably can offer reduction surgury. I expect they would advise this a last resort though and would probably look at other options first such as weight loss.
  • Options
    There's no specific size per se that surgeons go by. It depends on the woman's weight (i.e. could she lose weight and have the breast size go down given the fat content), how heavy they are, if she has back problems, neck problems, difficulty sleeping, grooves in her shoulders where her bras lie.

They are available on the NHS, but it really depends on the area and funding. I got a consultation within a couple of months - I've known some women wait 5 years, that's not even the surgical waiting list. Then you have to get the surgeon to agree to the operation. I had a consult when I was 18 and the surgeon flat-out refused to operate once she saw me, which in retrospect, I'm glad that she did. The majority of women I knew who went onto have BRs went private.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Hey, it's ok :)

It actually was curiousity.

I'm happy with my breast size. I was just having a conversation with someone who wants one thats all. She is an F cup and she wasn't sure whether she would be allowed one or not.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    My mate was a 32 G and she had one, she had to wait ages though. Think she is happy with it all though, but just don't see her anymore :(
  • Options
    :no: This operation should be made very very illegal.
  • Options
    :no: This operation should be made very very illegal.

Why should it?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Why should it?
    Cause he's an immature little perv!
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Cause he's an immature little perv!

So women with uncomfortably large breasts that cause them pain should stay that way because he likes big boobs? Haha.
  • Options
    My mates mum had a reduction, she was an E cup. Think you can get it done on the NHS if its affecting the physical and mental state af the person as people have said. I'd imagine an F cup would be considered for an op, specially if she's really slim and its not due to extra weight and all that
  • Options
    It's an op that scares me. I don't want them chopping my nipples off and sewing them back on with the potential of me not having any feeling in them.

As to the original point, I think you can get them done on the NHS as long as you can prove that they are detrimental to your overall health in some way.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Why should it?

I was just joshing mate.
  • Options
    ... and at the same time showing precisely why some women end up having the operation.

I will never forget the woman who cried down the phone when I said that I would fund her operation. "Finally," she said "men will look at my face when they talk to me"
  • Options
    :yes: Definately.

I get upset alot when guys just gawp at my chest and I'm not even that big, I'm only an E. It makes me feel like an object.

When I wear revealing tops, its to be expected so I can't moan but when you are wearing loose big shirts and guys drive past you beeping their car horns and shout "nice tits love" you just feel horrible.

I've had guys grab them randomly in clubs. Quite often, a guy will walk up to me and tell me I have nice boobs as a way of trying to get to talk to me. When I talk to guys, they stare at my chest and not my face. Its offensive and its something I get upset about quite alot. I have one male friend in particular who seems just stare at my chest every time I see him and it really does upset me.

One thing that has actually made me cry in the past was a group of lads out in a club (about 6 or 7) all staring at me and they sang "get your tits out".
  • Options
    Lend them a pair of tweezers to get their 1inch penis out.

Have you told you friend it pisses you off?
  • Options
    Yes, I have, several times.

He claims he "can't help it" and trys to make it a joke by going "its not my fault you have nice tits" :yeees:
  • Options
    to be fair it can be difficult .. im sure most guys would agree!
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    to be fair it can be difficult .. im sure most guys would agree!

:yes:
  • Options
    I had a breast reduction when I was 17.. probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

I was a 34E and went down to a 34D.. after my surgery, I was at 120lbs. and have since lost 20 lbs. which has taken me down to a 32C.

You can have a breast reduction nmw size you are; however, insurance typically only pays for it if you need 1.5 lbs or more removed.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I had a breast reduction when I was 17.. probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

I was a 34E and went down to a 34D.. after my surgery, I was at 120lbs. and have since lost 20 lbs. which has taken me down to a 32C.

You can have a breast reduction nmw size you are; however, insurance typically only pays for it if you need 1.5 lbs or more removed.

Good luck.

I wasn't aware you could have breast reductions at such an early age especially because at that age you are usually still developing.
  • Options
    I wasn't aware you could have breast reductions at such an early age especially because at that age you are usually still developing.

I stopped growing in 5th grade. :lol:

My breasts hadn't grown any since I was 14.

Anyways, "still developing" doesn't really matter all too much, especially since even after the surgery your breasts will continue to change in size, whether it's weight-related, pregnancy, etc.

Edit: I'll post a before and after pic when I get home to my laptop.
  • Options
    :yes: Definately.

I get upset alot when guys just gawp at my chest and I'm not even that big, I'm only an E. It makes me feel like an object.

When I wear revealing tops, its to be expected so I can't moan but when you are wearing loose big shirts and guys drive past you beeping their car horns and shout "nice tits love" you just feel horrible.

I've had guys grab them randomly in clubs. Quite often, a guy will walk up to me and tell me I have nice boobs as a way of trying to get to talk to me. When I talk to guys, they stare at my chest and not my face. Its offensive and its something I get upset about quite alot. I have one male friend in particular who seems just stare at my chest every time I see him and it really does upset me.

One thing that has actually made me cry in the past was a group of lads out in a club (about 6 or 7) all staring at me and they sang "get your tits out".

you want you get a boob reduction purely because of a few comments/looks?
  • Options
    That is discusting, I can't believe that they did that! If that happened to me I just wouldn't know what to do, how did you deal with it?
  • Options
    you want you get a boob reduction purely because of a few comments/looks?

No...
    by me wrote:
    It actually was curiousity.

I'm happy with my breast size. I was just having a conversation with someone who wants one thats all. She is an F cup and she wasn't sure whether she would be allowed one or not.
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote: »
    That is discusting, I can't believe that they did that! If that happened to me I just wouldn't know what to do, how did you deal with it?

I put my head down, held my tears in and went to the toilet and cried.

So, not well.
  • Options

So, not well.

Ahhh that's sad, making women cry is very uncool :no:
  • Options
    One of my friends had hers reduced when she was 19/20. Went from an F or G (cant remember which) down to a D. She was having serious problems and it was effecting her at work (shes in the army). One of the best things she ever did, shes sooo much happier now.
  • Options

So, not well.

Thats horrible. Groups of men can be complete wankers, bloody pack mentaility. A quick shout of "have you got penises" would be a good comeback.
  • Options

So, not well.

I think that is exactly how I would have been as well! I mean you go out for some fun and drinks, time out with friends and that happens and your totally unprepared for it.