Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I don't feel I've matured much since 14

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I still feel almost exactly like I did when I was 14, I still look almost exactly the same, the only difference is I'm slightly more broader, slightly taller, slightly deeper voice, and more facial hairs. And mentally I don't feel I've matured much at all, my views are still the same, my outlook on life is still the same, the way I act is still the same.

Have I matured normally? The one thing I will say is, back when I was 13-14 I did mature a lot faster than my peers and was broader, taller, had a deeper voice and more facial hairs then the majority and I was more mature so I didn't get on with them that well. The problem is, I can't really access myself against anyone else because I moved towns 4 months ago and have only just got a few friends, so I haven't seen them 2 years ago to know how much they've changed.

I completely forgot to mention, I'm currently 16.

So, do you think I've matured normally?

Comments

• Options
    dunno, but i dont feel any different inside to how I was when I was 16 and im 29 now
    was just talking about this very thing with my friend today.
  • Options
    I certainly have since 14 but I dont feel Ive matured atall since about 24
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't know... I've changed a lot since 14, but "changed" doesn't necessarily mean "matured".