Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Reading / Leeds

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Lineup's just been announced:

Friday

Razorlight
Kings of Leon
Interpol
Maximo Park
The Gossip
Gogol Bordello

Saturday

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Arcade Fire
Bloc Party
Panic At The Disco
Angels And Airwaves

Sunday

Smashing Pumpkins
Nine Inch Nails
Lostprophets
Fall Out Boy
Funeral For A Friend
+44

What a load of utter wank. Rock music anyone? Bar the Pumpkins and NIN, not a single good band on the Main Stage. And what the fuck is up with Razorlight headlining??? They have two albums, one of which is mediocre and the other is total shit.

Tickets also sold out in about a nanosecond. Probably owing to the intense quantity of mediocre and banal music on show. I was trying to get tickets from five minutes to the opening time until five past and got nothing. Oh well. Let's see who's playing at Download...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aw, I'm quite liking that lineup myself! Kings of Leon, RHCP, Lost Prophets, Fall Out Boy, Funeral For a Friend, +44...i love all those.

i couldnt get a ticket either :|

they do day tickets dont they? might just go for the sunday.
  • Options
    What a load of utter wank. Rock music anyone? Bar the Pumpkins and NIN, not a single good band on the Main Stage.

WHIIIIIT INTERPOL AND KINGS OF LEON AND ARCADE FIRE MATE. The rest are pap, makes me thankful I am leaving to go to Thailand! HOHO!

Smashing Pumpkins would be class to see. :)
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    whiiiiit Interpol And Kings Of Leon And Arcade Fire Mate.

Mate! Banal Mediocre Boring Toss-shite!
  • Options
    they do day tickets dont they? might just go for the sunday.

Yeah they do, and plus they always sell another wee bundle of tickets after the inital first batch. :)
  • Options
    Mate! Banal Mediocre Boring Toss-shite!

You having a giraffe? Give me your postcode, I'm heavy decking you for your unessecary SLANDER!
  • Options
    id love to see Kings of Leon and the Chillis again, but aprt from that, thats pretty poor.
  • Options
    You having a giraffe? Give me your postcode, I'm heavy decking you for your unessecary SLANDER!

For it to be slander, it has to be UNTRUE :D

I might be a bit too far to come all the way for a decking. Though I know Glaswegians like nothing more than a good fight :D
  • Options
    http://www.readingfestival.org/rf2007/lineup.html

They're quite a good site for the line up etc.

I'm annoyed as We Are Scientists' are doing Reading. Grrrr. They didn't play last year, twats. I will see them at Rockness though.
  • Options
    For it to be slander, it has to be UNTRUE :D

I might be a bit too far to come all the way for a decking. Though I know Glaswegians like nothing more than a good fight :D

Well it IS untrue. KOL and Interpol are amazing bands, and do NOT deserve to be shat on with perverse bunkum you are allowing your fingers to type!

I'm well coming to send you into chinatown, son. :razz:
  • Options
    what a lame lineup. there are about 7 bands i'd watch.

interpol, maximo park, arcade fire, lcd soundsystem, css, subways + biffy clyro.

what a joke.
  • Options
    Well it IS untrue. KOL and Interpol are amazing bands, and do NOT deserve to be shat on with perverse bunkum you are allowing your fingers to type!

I'm well coming to send you into chinatown, son. :razz:

Woo, threats from a lairy northerner - I'm terrified :shocking:
  • Options
    Woo, threats from a lairy northerner - I'm terrified :shocking:

Watch yer back, son.
  • Options
  • Options
    Seeohbahn wrote: »
    Pumpkins and NIN on the same day, hell yeah! I got a sunday ticket so I can see them and CSS :D

you going to Reading then?

Leeds sunday is :

* Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    * The Arcade Fire
    * Bloc Party
    * Panic! At The Disco
    * Angels And Airwaves
  • Options
  • Options
    Soooooo pissed off I can't go to Download. Fucking Bristol Russian department just had to schedule my last two exams on the 6th and 12th of June when Download's on the 8th-10th. Fuckers. Otherwise my finals would have finished on June 1st.

The Download lineup is fucking awesome: Maiden, Dragonforce, Korn, Megadeth, Marilyn Manson, Machine Head, Slayer, Turbonegro, Velvet Revolver - the list of awesome bands goes on.
  • Options
    i wanna go to ATP vs The Fans, but no-one can afford it/will come with me.

awesome line up aswell;
    Modest Mouse, Mogwai, Explosions In The Sky, Apples In Stero, Yo La Tengo, Battles, Trans Am, Wilco, The Thermals, Built To Spill, Do Make Say Think, Shellac, Isis.

:(
  • Options
    Porky_StalkerPorky_Stalker Posts: 108 The Mix Convert
    http://www.seetickets.com/mflr/ - Still have day tickets available and the site seems to be working now.

Just thought i'd let everyone know that has maybe given up :)
  • Options
    Even by Reading and Leeds line up standards, that is an awful line up this year. Razolight headlining FFS!
  • Options
    I'm well happy with the line-up, ta! Interpol, Kings of Leon, Gogol Bordello, RHCP, Smashing Pumpkins, Biffy Clyro, CSS, LCD Soundsystem, Angels and Airwaves, Brand New, Enter Shikari etc etc.. YES PLEASE! Not mention the other million bands to be announced later on.

Anyway, what a fucking nightmare buying tickets this year. Got mine at last, with a coach package thingy. And they didn't sell out in 5 minutes, despite the fact it said they did. Tickets are still on sale on NME, my mate bought one about 10 mins ago!

Must say though, am well disappointed that RATM aren't headlining.. Thought they would be a definate.
  • Options
    The caller on the radio is camping out for Leeds tickets at HMV in Newcastle now. Jammy get.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    The caller on the radio is camping out for Leeds tickets at HMV in Newcastle now. Jammy get.

Wow isn't he lucky spending a night camping on the streets of the 'Toon. Lucky bugger...
  • Options
    Shame it's been snowing haha.
  • Options
    Korn

:yes: :thumb:

I couldn't get a fucking ticket last night either. I'm still going though, even if I have to resort to Ebay. Line up aint amazing but it's not really my sort of music anyway, I'm going mainly for the atmosphere and to have a good time. Chilli Peppers, Lost Prophets and Fall Out Boy will be quite good to see live though. Reading isn't really meant to be a strictly rock/metal fest like download these days anyway and besides festivals aren't really the best place to go if you're going just to see a band because you love them...why not just go to a gig where it's more intimate?
    Festivals are just about having a laugh with your mates, getting wasted and then watching some bands play a few tunes, even if they're shit, when you're wasted you don't care.
  • Options
    Festivals are just about having a laugh with your mates, getting wasted and then watching some bands play a few tunes, even if they're shit, when you're wasted you don't care.

got weekend tickets today! :D

lineup is pretty shit but itll be fun anyway, and still a few bands worth seeing... entershikari to see if they can actually play their instruments (probs not), interpol, chilis (just to say youve seen em), brand new, errrrr whoever else gets confirmed at a later date that's good :P

and to be fair i saw razorlight at reading a few years ago and theyre actually pretty good live :)
  • Options
    I've only heard of a couple of them, and am not interested in listening to them.
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    got weekend tickets today! :D

lineup is pretty shit but itll be fun anyway, and still a few bands worth seeing... entershikari to see if they can actually play their instruments (probs not), interpol, chilis (just to say youve seen em), brand new, errrrr whoever else gets confirmed at a later date that's good :P

and to be fair i saw razorlight at reading a few years ago and theyre actually pretty good live :)

They still on sale somewhere? Where?!
  • Options
    Been Leeds a few times. It really isnt any different from any other english city at night. over-rated.
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    Been Leeds a few times. It really isnt any different from any other english city at night. over-rated.

They're talking about Leeds festival, as in Reading and Leeds festivals.
  • Options
    Box wrote: »

:lol:

You just thought I was comparing nightlife in two completely different English cities? :lol: Read the thread mate!