Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ovulation test

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol dont worry about it....it gives other people answers if you ask ;)
  • Options
    beechams all in one wont get rid of your cold. It just might make the symptoms better, but youd still be contagious to the baby.
    Lemsip type things with decongestant in them are not recommended in pregnancy at all, so since you still havent come on.
    Paracetamol is the only thing you can take for a cold in pregnancy. Drinking lots of water to keep your fluids up is pretty much the best thing for a cold anyway. I think half of those cold remedies prolong it in the long run anyway.
  • Options
    thanks for the advice, plenty of fluids and custard it is then :thumb:
    In the quote I actually found about this being a symptom of pregnancy, am I right in assuming it's not a very common one because I'd never heard of it
  • Options
    it can be.
    Missing your period is a bigger symptom tbh ;)
    id be doing another test if that was me!!
  • Options
    i would..but i can't handle the dissapointment today lol. am too tired and achey to be miserable about another negative test too. will just give it til thursday, if i am pregnant, it's not gonna just go away any time soon anyway so don't suppose it matters when i test.
  • Options
    Janjan wrote: »
    lol. am too tired and achey

ooooh, sign!!

what cold symptoms do you actually have?
  • Options
    abit headachey, blocked and runny nose (can't make its mind up), feel like i aint slept in a year.
  • Options
    then listen to your body and sleep...hadaches are also supposed to be a symptom i think
  • Options
    but it all goes to my head when i lye down :(
  • Options
    feeling that bone crunching tiredness was my first symptom i noticed in all of my pregnancies.
    Could just be a cold, but id be inclined to test, what with that and the missed period so far, sounds promising.
    As you say though, not testing, wont make it not be true if it is, so theres no hurry.
  • Options
    if i do another test, and it's negative but then don't come on still, how long would you suggest i wait period-less, before seeking advice from a dr? last time I was late I was told not to bother them unless I was late by a month at least.
  • Options
    Yeah i heard it was a month.
  • Options
    well i dont know the answer to that. I know some people just get late for their period sometimes, by quite a while, but the fact is youve been having lots of unprotected sex lately cos youve been trying for a baby. The chances are its gonna happen at some point soon, and since youre late for your period and feeling knackered and ill, then it wouldnt be THAT much of a surprise if this is actually your month after all!
    I hope it is hunny. that would be great news cos I know how much you want it.

Id hate to give false hope, but id seriously either do a test, or at least make sure youre taking your folic acid and doing all those healthy things you should be doing if you are pregnant.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that you should wait until 19days after ovulation to test if you want a 100% accurate result.
  • Options
    its been over 20 days at least since i ovulated, was gonna test yesterday but me and the bf decided with me bein ill at the moment we should wait incase it affects it, last thing we want is a false positive. And i have been taking folic acid :) Not exactly done all the exercise I wanted because i've not been feeling great, its hard working in a call centre :( makes u lazy
  • Options
    then you should be ok to do the test, but it may also be good to wait until your feeling better....as you might come on then....

I hate taking the test, i know how you feel....i think i should be given shares in pregnancy and ovulation test companies the amount of them i buy! ;)
  • Options
    being ill wont affect the result.
    It certainly wont give you a false positive.
    In general, false positives just dont happen, apart from very very rarely if youre on certain fertility medication.
  • Options
    no, i just mean that maybe shes not coming on because shes a bit under the weather, so if she waited a few more days she might come on. Its happened to me :yes:

Also unless your taking fetility meds containing hcg, you wont get a false positive :)
  • Options
    hello :) gonna test first thing in the mornin :) i feel terrible today lol, the bottom of my back is hurtin for no apparant reason, im so unbelieveable tired and i'm getin alot of discharge compared to usual, to the extent i keep thinkin i've come on but i havent.. dunno why im tired, i went to bed last night at 5pm, slept until 9am today
  • Options
    i think somebodies pregnant! :)
  • Options
    u cant say that incase im not! lol ive not had any morning sickness or anythin :(
  • Options
    well the signs are there....so hope for the best :) otherwise you can try again with me this month (not together....but you know what i mean)
  • Options
    if we try together we definately wont succeed, neither of us have spermies!
  • Options
    Janjan, not everyone gets morning sickness.
    How did it go?
  • Options
    just done a test..so confused. i got a quite very faint line in the result box, showing a positive. but its so faint i dont know if it counts, and if i take another test to be sure, will it give me a negative due to the amount of the chemical in my pee? Same with Drs, if I go and get re-tested, I may not have enough which is why its faint?
  • Options
    aww I've just read all of this thread and I'm so excited to hear what the result is! Good luck Janjan! One of my best mates has been trying to get pregnant and we all thought she was silly because shes only 22 (like me) but she told us on Monday shes 5 weeks gone and I'm so happy for her! :D
  • Options
    Janjan wrote: »
    just done a test..so confused. i got a quite very faint line in the result box, showing a positive. but its so faint i dont know if it counts, and if i take another test to be sure, will it give me a negative due to the amount of the chemical in my pee? Same with Drs, if I go and get re-tested, I may not have enough which is why its faint?

on google it says that a faint line is indicative of an early pregnancy, as long as you have read the result within the specified time-frame.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    aww I've just read all of this thread and I'm so excited to hear what the result is!
    Me too! Fingers crossed for you :)
  • Options
    what do u mean by early? asin before missed period? cus im nearly 2 weeks late
  • Options
    Early as in a pregnancy thats early, not early before your period.

I've been reading this thread for weeks, just never posted anything as I'm no help, but I'm excited for you as well now! :D