Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ovulation test

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    with me being due tomorrow, it's not really too early though is it? i imagine it's pretty accurate..
  • Options
    well it is still a bit early, so id wait and see tbh.
    Of course it might be accurate., but then again, it might not.
    are your periods usually regular ie every 28 days?
    did you ovulate on day 14 or was it a bit later?
    All sorts of things might affect it.
  • Options
    i did ovulate when expected, but for the past few months i've been late from 3-12 days so i guess it could be early. sorry to keep asking things, just so hoping that it was false.

made a slight mistake, according to my online calendar which i keep track of it on, i was due on my period today.
  • Options
    Well i'm getting the nauseous feelings again, so lets hope your all right. I've ordered 3 regular pregnancy tests which are half the price of the others so lets hope i dont come on.
  • Options
    where from? n when r u due?
  • Options
    Lol, I am lucky to live in a country where you can find almost anything 24/7 and can have it delivered any time of the day or night. :p

And I don't know when i'm due....before my polycystic ovaries kicked in i had regular 30day cycles like clock work, now it can be 30days, 45days and can go up to 3months.

Based on a 30day cycle, i should be due on the 31st. I swear i won't test before then.
  • Options
    I know this is definitely easier said than done, but the more you think about it, the more you magnify any symptoms you might be feeling and the more you get your hopes up.
  • Options
    I know, but right now there are so many things going on in my head (and so many hormones flying around in my body). I cry at the stupidist things, im taking medication to help with my polycystic ovaries (PCOS) and that doesnt help either. My insomnia is playing up...right now being pregnant would be welcomed with a warm heart (and im guessing many many tears)...but i'm keeping myself busy so i dunno
  • Options
    i thew up abit in my mouth this mornin at work :yuck: did a test i picked up from a poundshop in town, negative :grump: how about u amira? anything yet?
  • Options
    Nope, due tomorrow, got some cramps (probably period coming)...if i dont come on tomorrow then i will test on thursday...give myself a day just incase.
  • Options
    Any news?
  • Options
    Negative, but still no period.
  • Options
    was wondering too.
  • Options
    Wonder how Janjan got on...
  • Options
    i havent done another test, not come on either. actually spent all day driving back and to the the hospital cus my m8's waters broke! was excitin, got to hear the heart beat too, made my heart melt. gonna leave testin til nxt week as there's no point doing them over and over.
  • Options
    well i just came on today, so i guess i will have to try harder this month. ;)
  • Options
    aww sorry :( i havent yet, bought 2 tests this afternoon tho, gonna do one in the morning see if anythings showin yet, with any luck *fingers crossed* have really sore nipples atm, dont usually get that when im on
  • Options
    Well good luck :) I hope you are, let us know how it goes.

Im going to starting taking my basal body temperature (BBT) from tomorrow see if that way helps
  • Options
    i did that, it works, the day my temp rose was the day i got the positive ovulation test. or at least i think that means its right! :) btw, if u dont mind me asking..when u r trying, is there a particular time that is best? i.e. morning afternoon or evening? if it lives for upto 24 (is it?) hrs inside a woman, then i guess it wont matter all that much? altho sperm count is meant to be higher in the morning i hear
  • Options
    sperm count is supposed to be higher in the morning, but I always balanced that up by nighttime being best for being able to go to sleep afterwards with your knees raised, therefore keeping in the best position for longer afterwards, whereas morning, youll want to be up and about more quickly afterwards.
    Keeping sex to once a day or once every other day around ovulation helps too cos then sperm has a chance to recover its numbers (as long as blokey isnt having a crafty wank at other times of the day), but if you leave it too long inbetween, the quality of the sperm decreases as they get old.
  • Options
    we do it daily, i prefer in the evening but i always want to about 11pm and by then the bf is always tired cus he's a morning kinda guy, but as i have to leave for work at 7am, theres no way i'd have sex at 5, unless he'd not mind doin it while i was sleepin, sure he wouldnt..
  • Options
    Well my sleep has really been fucked lately, so id be up until 10am then sleep till 5pm, and blokey would come back around then and more often than not sleep then only to wake up for an hour or so and sleep at around 12ish. So i was pouncing on him at all hours, literally morning, noon when he was off work and night (either before he slept or while he was sleeping :p)

I don't understand the morning thing, he never comes that much in the morning so how could there be a lot of spermazoids :s (sorry i make up a lot of words)
  • Options
    not sure actually, that's a good point. my bf doesnt come as easily in the morning either, altho he's always up for it more. i think its because they'll be abit more dehydrated, but doesnt that mean less water means the sperm wont reach as far when he does come? so how can it be better?
  • Options
    still no signs of a period yet people :/
  • Options
    wow. When are you going to test again?
  • Options
    thursday, might have some birthday luck hopefully :) but knowing my body, i'll come on on thursday, and i'll still have a cold so it will be miserable lol
  • Options
    suzy..i was wondering, i've just bought some 'beechams all in one' for my cold, and reading the box now it says before taking, consult your doctor if pregnant. What do you recon? Am I being over-cautious here? I mean as far as my urine tells me I'm not anyway, can I take it?
  • Options
    id say dont take it.....im getting all excited, awwwwwwwww i really hope the test turns out positive :)

Goodluck
  • Options
    me too, but i wanna get rid of this damn cold so i can go see my mate's new born baby! lol
  • Options
    Quote from 'www.askdrsears.com':

Don't use medicines if you are trying to conceive, especially in the first month. The first month of fetal organ development is a high-risk period for the effects of drugs. The "flu" you're experiencing may turn out to be early-pregnancy nausea.

I should just google these things before asking really.