Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ovulation test

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im hoping this is the month, but i think after trying for the past six months and knowing my chances of getting pregnant are low...im not building my hopes up too much.

With polycystic ovaries there is also the increased chance of 1st trimester miscarriages, so i would rather not get pregnant than have a miscarriage.
  • Options
    a miscarriage is horrible Amira, i have had one, but an increased risk does not mean youll definitely have one. just keep positive.
    6 months is not a long time to try, even without fertility problems, even if it does feel like it.
  • Options
    i've not felt all that sick or anything to be honest :( had a slight twinge in my side yesterday though but i'm not holding any hope.
  • Options
    I'm probably over reacting, but I'm dreading having to do a test next week and i'm dreading getting my period even more. :s
  • Options
    yeah i know how that feels! you know inplantation pain, is it a really sharp pain? or can it be a dull pain? last night I got a dull yet sharp at the same time, pain in my right hand side wher my ovaries r. n then durin sex it got worse :(
  • Options
    yep thats what i got, i was in so much pain when we had sex i was almost in tears...but the poor bugger didnt know cos i was like "yeh im ok"

OOOO *bounces* we could be pregnant :D
  • Options
    that's the thing though, everyone says implantation pain is really painful, where as my pain was bareable and didnt really bother me at all, so it was probably just nothing :( then again..how soon would it take place? i'm not due on until monday, a friend of mine was saying she didnt get these symptoms until a month late.
  • Options
    Just seen this online:

Around the time of ovulation, some women feel a dull pain on one side of the lower abdomen. This pain is known as mittelschmerz (literally, middle pain). The pain may last for a few minutes to a few hours. The pain is felt on the same side as the ovary that released the egg, but the precise cause of the pain is unknown. The pain may precede or follow the rupture of the follicle and may not occur in all cycles. Egg release does not alternate between the two ovaries and appears to be random. If one ovary is removed, the remaining ovary releases an egg every month.

If this was the case, I'd have got this pain over a week ago when my ovulation test was positive tho right?
  • Options
    theres the pain from ovulation and the pain from implantation. I remember last month i woke up in excruciating and could barely move for about 2hours, then two weeks later i got my period, so im guessing that was my first ovulation in months. Then this month the pain around the same time of month was considerably less. Then i got the achey pain which im hoping is the implantation.

So if your ovulating regularily you may not notice any pain around ovulation, and this could be mild implantation pain.
  • Options
    Just to let you know i had implantation pain (felt just like period pains) probably about a week before i was due on when pregnant with James.
  • Options
    i'm not holding any hope this month at all. and i thought u naturally ovulate every month anyway? have only just started using ovulation tests so not certain
  • Options
    Hey at least you ovulate on your own, I'm having to take a drug called clomid to force my body to ovulate.

When are you due?
  • Options
    monday and dreadin it. i got a tight feelin yesterday in the middle between my ovaries, does that mean anythin? *crosses fingers u dont just say wind* lol had alot of discharge this month too
  • Options
    it might mean something, it might not, its so hard to say.
    Youve been trying for a while and doing all the right things, so theres a fairly good chance that you will be, or if youre not, it will be within the next few months, so dont get too downhearted - sometimes it just takes a little more time than youd like.
    Exciting for monday though!! I hope its + for you!!
  • Options
    me too, wud b the ultimate birthday present for me! (08.02)
  • Options
    Janjan wrote: »
    me too, wud b the ultimate birthday present for me! (08.02)

awwww, thats my little boys birthday!!!
  • Options
    Will cross my fingers for you.
  • Options
    Well i have to wait until Wednesday before even considering taking a test, I'm sooo scared and excited at the same time.

Lol, my husbands (and his dads) birthday is on 07/02 so it would be smiles all round if we both got the + sign in the next few days ;)
  • Options
    just done a first response test, negative :( so gutted. thought i might be lucky this time, my gums been bleedin loads n stuff
  • Options
    well its still a day early. Tbh, dont waste money on those expensive tests if youre going to be doing lots of them. The ones from poundland are just as sensitive. The only difference is there just the stick without the plastic casing.
    The makers of expensve pregnacy tests have a huuuuuge mark up on them and its for no other reason than "because they can" They all detect the same stuff.
    I researched a bit into it when I was TTC, and a sensitive pregnancy test is one that detects 20 - 25 mIU (how much HCG hormone in your wee)
    The cheap one from poundland detected 25Miu - exactly the same sensitivity as clearblue and first response.
    I got my + on a poundland test 3 days before my period was due.

That DOESNT mean to say that everyone does get a result that early though, Try again tommorow maybe and then if thats - and you dont come on, try again in a few days.

please dont keep wasting your money on the expensive ones though. Youll bankrupt yourself. theyre a con.
  • Options
    please dont keep wasting your money on the expensive ones though. Youll bankrupt yourself. theyre a con.

:yes:

You can buy cheap dipstick tests on the internet in bulk. I got 25 sticks for £5.
  • Options
    i usually get asda's, or hvae in the past got the ones without the case but it means going into town to get them and its 7 miles, plus to pay for parking so its easier and prob costs th esame to go asda. but still, it was negative neway so thats that
  • Options
    well i also did i test today, i couldnt help myself. Guess what....negative! Oh well theres always next month.

Sorry Janjan
  • Options
    but neither of you are even due yet are you?

When they say you can test early, it doesnt mean that its just as reliable when you test early as when you test on time.
  • Options
    I know, but mine was clear as day, negative....wouldnt there even be a faint line if we were?
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    I know, but mine was clear as day, negative....wouldnt there even be a faint line if we were?
    Clear blue said i wasn't pregnant when i was. First responce said i was....
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »

no If there wasnt enough hormone yet to be detected, you wont get any line at all.
    The hormone should double every two days, so maybe retake a test on tuesday, and then thursday if you still havent come on.
  • Options
    if its ne consolation, my mate (9 months pregnant, due any day and by sounds of it gonna pop tonight) had SEVEN tests when late, all of which negative. She didn't get a positive until the drs did a blood and urine test because she was over a month late and feeling very sick.
    I'm not exactly hopefully, but until I come on there's no point being too sure. As I said earlier my gums have been bleeding quite alot this week when brushing (sign according to the net), also I've had a tight feeling between my ovaries where the fallopian tube meets. But I could just be reading too far into it, I really hope not.
  • Options
    no If there wasnt enough hormone yet to be detected, you wont get any line at all.
    The hormone should double every two days, so maybe retake a test on tuesday, and then thursday if you still havent come on.

does that mean there would literally be no result/line at all? or it would just be negative because its not picking it up
  • Options
    Janjan wrote: »
    does that mean there would literally be no result/line at all? or it would just be negative because its not picking it up

both. There would be no line because there wouldnt be enough hormone to cause the chemical reaction that makes the line appear.

Its very easy to get a false negative if you test too early.
    I know it can be hard to wait, but sometimes it pays to be patient.