Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

You know you're an 90's kid if....

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lol, I just posted a slightly different one elsewhere, and I said no to 3 of those ones : Writing M.A.S.H. notes, You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell". and You remember eating Warheads.

Can't be bothered reading through those ones ^ as they're mostly the same
  • Options
    My favourite bit was with the saturday night TV because that was exactly what it was! God I used to love it!

Did anyone else have or remember then monkey things, like a doll but i monkey...I don't know how to describe them!
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    FUN HOUUUUUSE it's a whole lot of fun.

Prizes to be won! FUN HOUSE!!!

PussyKatty wrote: »
    Used to read point horror, sweet valley high and babysitters club. Not goosebumps.

Loved point horror (so scary) and sweet valley high - cheerleaders war woohoo!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    kangoo wrote: »
    Prizes to be won! FUN HOUSE!!!

pattwins.jpg

What, these prizes? He da man :lol:
  • Options
    I used to love pogs!!! I used to collect all the groovy slammers with jagged edges! They got banned at our school, as EVERY kid would play them at dinnertime, and the teachers argued that none of us were getting any excercise so we were all really hyper in the afternoon!

Anybody remember jelly shoes? With the bits of glitter in them? I always wanted a pair but never got any!

I used to always wear sweater shop jumpers too (and sloppy joe jumpers), that were a thousand time too big for me!!!
    And the fluorescent orange and green cycling sorts and vest tops with spice girls on them? I ROCKED!
  • Options
    *feels distinctly old*

Whilst I remember a lot of these things, it's more a case of remembering other 'younger' people being into them.

I'm off to book my SAGA holiday now ....
  • Options
    pat_sharpe.jpg
    Heh, my mate went out with a girl who had hair like pat sharp so thats what we nicknamed her. he got a bit upset after a while :hyper:
  • Options
    I rolled up to the house 'bout 7 or 8 and yelled to the Cabbie "Yo ho smell You later!!" Looked at Ma kingdom I was Finally there to settle Ma throne as the Prince of Bel-air!! Do do do do dooo....:yippe:
  • Options
    This is how it should really go.

Grange Hill (although pre 90s)
    Byker Grove
    Geordie Racer
    Button Moon
    Banana Man
    Gladiators - Jet mmmmm
    Bill & Ted
    Saved by the Bell
    My Little Pony
    Noel's House Party
    Picked Onion Space Raiders
    Tab (clear coke)
    Take That
    E17
    The Shaman
    Pocket Polly <90s?>
    Transformers
    The Turtles
    Rainbow <90s?>
    Shellsuit's
    Baggy jeans
    NWA
    Vanilla Ice
    Spliffy
    Naff-Naff
    Karl Karni
    Oasis
    Blur
    Kriss Kross
    Jungle/Hardcore
    Hubba Bubba (both the chud and the drink)
    Magnum ice cream
    British Knights
    LA Gear
    TravelFox
    Hooch
    TwoDogs

And whatever else. :thumb:
  • Options
    Ghost18 wrote: »
    Jus mentioning yo-yo's makes me want to go find one and start doing the tricks again. :lol:

Walk the dog.... NOW!!!!
  • Options
    LOL we used to do around the world, except we wern't very good so it just consisted of swinging the yoyo around your head until you hit someone in the face or the teacher stopped you before you could hit someone in the face :lol:
  • Options
    jordy wrote: »
    Anybody remember jelly shoes? With the bits of glitter in them? I always wanted a pair but never got any!

Do I remember Jelly shoes? Fucked loved them! Had a pair in every colour, although I do remember them rubbing and hurting my feet :crying: but didn't stop me wearing them. Used to get them from woolies, they might still do em, you never know!

Surely we aren't the only two who were involved with the jelly shoes craze, or mabye we are the only two who are openly admitting it!
  • Options
    i used to love playing cats cradle too!!!
    and those clackers things where u had to hit them together!
  • Options
    ashlee wrote: »

Do I remember Jelly shoes? Fucked loved them! Had a pair in every colour, although I do remember them rubbing and hurting my feet :crying: but didn't stop me wearing them. Used to get them from woolies, they might still do em, you never know!

Surely we aren't the only two who were involved with the jelly shoes craze, or mabye we are the only two who are openly admitting it!

Here here! the rest of you need to own up!!! :thumb:
  • Options

I remember them and owned a pair.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Makoto wrote: »
    Geordie Racer
    Button Moon
    Banana Man
    My Little Pony
    Transformers
    The Turtles
    Rainbow

All pre 90's mate.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    all of those memories are still fresh in my head :yes: me being so young and all haha.

oh those were the days, werent they? things were easier back then.
  • Options
    I was going to say, Button Moon was late 80's! Still remember it though, classic!

I had jelly shoes!! Silver ones with glitter inside, used to think I was the coolest girl in my pink cycling shorts and jelly shoes haha! I used to get up early for Live and Kicking, I even remember to this day crying when Andy Peters and Emma Forbes quit the show in about '96. Good times.

I used to be a massive TV addict. Fun House, Finders keepers,out of tune,round the twist,demon headmaster,incredible games(I've never known anyone else to remember that show?!),Spatz(again,no one I know remembers that :() ooooh and Mike and Angelo, friggin loved that show!

I'm sure more will come back to me! :)

xxx
  • Options
    I had some green jelly shoes and they were awesome
  • Options
    Jelly shoes :heart:.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Jelly shoes :heart:.

With heels. At the school disco :blush:
  • Options
    Not quite :p. We had them when we were about 8, so no school discos :o.

But they were still ace. We wore them on the beach and stuff. Hellyes :heart:.
  • Options
    jelly shoes with heels - i remember wearing them all the time in the summer! Thought i was the bees knees :blush:
  • Options
    I dont remember them with heels!
  • Options
    How sad. I agree with every single bit of that, although i never had a hairband with my name on...i did however have a illuminous orange satin coat. I was soo cool.
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    This is how it should really go.

Damn they were good, do they still make Space Raiders? Cheap crisps that kinda reminded me of cardboard, but still damn good.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Damn they were good, do they still make Space Raiders? Cheap crisps that kinda reminded me of cardboard, but still damn good.

They still sell them... 10p a packet, lol!!! Pretty sad that i know that!!!
  • Options
    They still sell them... 10p a packet, lol!!! Pretty sad that i know that!!!

Ahh good good. Still as cheap and tacky as ever then, that's the way I like my Space Raiders! :yum:
  • Options
    I remember all of them!Very proud to be a 90's kid...and i owned a pair of jelly shoes :D Although i have to say i am exceptionaly cool cos at a blue light disco (remember those?!) i actually met Melanie and Martini from Fun House!! (aka the coolest game show on tv!) Sadly though Pat Sharpe and his mulet weren't there! :lol:
  • Options
    Spice Girls Pulp Shoes... man they were cool. I remember umpiring netball at school with them on and they collapsed in hehehe