Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

You know you're an 90's kid if....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

YOU CAN SING THE RAP TO "THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR"

YOU REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS ACTUALLY WORTH GETTING UP ON A SATURDAY MORNING TO WATCH LIVE & KICKING OR SM:TV.

YOU HAD A HUGE FRINGE AT SOME POINT IN YOUR CHILDHOOD.

YOU REMEMBER READING AND WATCHING "GOOSEBUMPS"

YOU TOOK PLASTIC CARTOON LUNCH BOXES TO SCHOOL.

YOU REMEMBER THE CRAZE OF YO-YOS, TROLLS & TAMAGOTCHIS AND DIGIMONS.

YOU STILL GET THE URGE TO SAY "NOT" AFTER EVERY SENTENCE. NOT.

YOU KNEW THAT KIMBERLY, THE PINK RANGER, AND TOMMY, THE GREEN RANGER WERE MEANT TO BE. <3

YOU COLLECTED POKEMON CARDS.

YOU PLAYED AND/OR COLLECTED POGS.

YOU HAD A WEIRD ALIEN THAT LIVED IN GOOEY STUFF IN A PLASTIC 'POD' AND THOUGHT IF YOU STUCK 2 BACK TO BACK THEY WOULD HAVE A BABY!

YOU WATCHED THE ORIGINAL POSTMAN PAT, FIREMAN SAM AND NINJA TURTLES.

YOU STILL RUB 50 PENCE COINS AND MAKING WISHES LIKE IN THE QUEENS NOSE.

YOU REMEMBER WHEN THE NEW BEANIE BABIES WERE ALWAYS SOLD OUT.

YOU GOT YOUR MUM TO BUY 'BN' BISCUITS.

YOU USED TO WEAR THOSE STICK ON EARRINGS, NOT ONLY ON YOUR EARS BUT AT THE CORNERS OF YOUR EYES.

YOU KNOW THE MACERENA BY HEART.

KELLY KOPOWSKI FROM SAVED BY THE BELL WAS THE HOTTEST PERSON ON TV.

"TALK TO THE HAND" ENOUGH SAID.

YOU REMEMBER THE TIME BEFORE LITERACY AND NUMERACY HOUR EXISTED.

YOU REMEMBER A TIME BEFORE TELLITUBIES EXISTED.

YOU THOUGHT BRAIN FROM "PINKEY AND THE BRAIN" WOULD FINALLY TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

YOU REMEMBER BUM BAGS.

YOU REMEMBER MATTHEW CORBETT ON SOOTY AND SWEEP.

YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE ON FUN HOUSE.

YOU COLLECTED TAZOS.

2 WORDS, SPICE GIRLS.

YOU KNOW THAT CAROL VORDEMAN WAS COOL BY WATCHING HOW 2.

YOU OWNED AN ARTICLE OF CLOTHING THAT WAS LIME GREEN OR ILLUMINOUS ORANGE.

YOU REMEMBER WHEN SATURDAY NIGHT TV CONSISTED OF BIG BREAK AND JIM DAVIDSON'S GENERATION GAME ON BBC, GLADIATORS ON ITV, BACK TO BBC FOR NOELS HOUSE PARTY FOLLOWED BY THE LOTTERY WITHOUT ALL THE GAMESHOWS ATTACHED TO IT TODAY, CLASSIC CASUALTY, THE NEWS, THEN A FILM, USUALLY A BIG ACTION FILM LIKE TRUE LIES.

YOU HAD ONE OF THOSE PLASTIC MONEY POTS THAT YOU WORE ROUND YOUR NECK AND MANAGED TO CRAM YOUR COINS IN AND YOU COULD HERE THE COINS RATTLING WHEN YOU WALKED...WE WERE COOL.

YOU OWNED A HAIRBAND THAT HAD YOUR NAME ON IT!

YOU OWNED A FURBY LOL

Sorry for the capitals letters I copied and pasted.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I find it difficult to realise the 90s were so long ago...
  • Options
    My mate posted that on MySpace haha, it's great :) I especially like (and remember) the stick on earrings. When I took them off I'd randomly stick them on the nearest place. My bed and dressing table ended up covered in the things.
  • Options
    Me too, Indrid :(.

And it worries me that I can say "yes" to all but three of those, and that's because I'm crap at remembering dances :o.
  • Options
    Well, I only said "yes" to a few, but some of these things didn't exist here.
    As for the Macarena, I was never popular enough to learn it. :p
  • Options
    I think I said yes to most. Maybe one or two not....
  • Options
    Yeh a lot of those rang true for me expect those gay furbys and tamogachis or whatever you call them.

Also, trainers that had red flashing lights at the bottom.
  • Options
    I remember nearly all of them! True 90's kid...seeing as i was only born 2 days before they started!
  • Options
    remember all of em.
  • Options
    Ballerina, that'd make you a 90's baby, so you won't remember the excellence of the beginning ;).

Not that I do :o.

I do remember watching the first ever episode of Teletubbies though :D.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Ballerina, that'd make you a 90's baby, so you won't remember the excellence of the beginning ;).

Not that I do :o.

I do remember watching the first ever episode of Teletubbies though :D.

But i spent the first 10 years of my life in the 90s :p, i remember loads. Like platform shoes and pogs, and i used to love postman pat, fireman sam, pingu etc

I miss them in a way :blush:
  • Options
    I (kind of) remember the beginning... I was 4, and we'd gone to a huge (or so it seemed to me) party my uncle did for the change of the decade. I remember watching my cousin playing with his puppy (I was afraid of dogs at the time) and me playing with a small piano that was my present while watching the grown-ups dance.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »

YOU WATCHED THE ORIGINAL FIREMAN SAM

I'm rather worried now as a while back, this was played at my nursery and I remember it very well.:o
  • Options
    i remember when everyone had those bright orange trainers and kappa tracksuits
  • Options
    I said yes to the vast majority of that.
    YOU REMEMBER THE CRAZE OF YO-YOS, TROLLS & TAMAGOTCHIS AND DIGIMONS.

Digimons? Digimons?! Pokemon was the biggest craze of the 90s if not ever! Digimon weren't in the same league. It wasn't even the same sport. Digimon was in a completely different ballpark!
  • Options
    pah1986 wrote: »
    Digimons? Digimons?! Pokemon was the biggest craze of the 90s if not ever! Digimon weren't in the same league. It wasn't even the same sport. Digimon was in a completely different ballpark!

Pokemon's were only a craze if you were a kid and I was nearly in my teens when that craze came about. The biggest craze of the 90's for me was mobile phones, you know the one's you could actually fit in your pocket.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Pokemon's were only a craze if you were a kid and I was nearly in my teens when that craze came about.

:yes:

I'm from more of a Transformers and Turtles generation.

The 90's were all about dance music for me, and in particular hardcore. :heart: Got my first Mobile phone in 98 aswell.

Anybody remember Splify jeans, Bluebolt etc :lol:Kangol hats, Ellesse trainers?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I can yes to pretty much all of those. Oh dear. :lol:
  • Options
    Haha, love it. All so true. I remember when pogs and stuff like that used to get banned in the playground at school. Aww, the good old days ey.
  • Options
    I got sent this in an email about a year ago and deleted it and regretted it ever since Couldnt find it anyway!

I LOVE YOU OP!
  • Options
    pat_sharpe.jpg
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Pokemon's were only a craze if you were a kid and I was nearly in my teens when that craze came about.

Yes indeedy, but the thread title is "You know you're a 90's kid if..." :p

Besides, I'm 20 now and still find something likeable about Pikachu and chums.... :blush:
  • Options
    pah1986 wrote: »
    Yes indeedy, but the thread title is "You know you're a 90's kid if..." :p

Besides, I'm 20 now and still find something likeable about Pikachu and chums.... :blush:
    Nothing wrong with that....
  • Options
    Jus mentioning yo-yo's makes me want to go find one and start doing the tricks again. :lol:
  • Options
    Ghost18 wrote: »
    Jus mentioning yo-yo's makes me want to go find one and start doing the tricks again. :lol:

I was always waiting for that craze to end because everyone could do all the tricks and I couldn't :crying: Plus everyone got bigger, shinier YoYos and I still had my cheap crappy one from the Pound Shop.
  • Options
    Shamefully I remember nearly everything on that list! I even had a bumbag... oh the shame :o

I remember as well when the craze for neon clothing came out and my best friend had a pair of flourescent orange hot pants and i was so jealous as my mum siad they were awful and wouldn't buy me some! It's only now that I look back at old photos and realise how horrific they actually were!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    pat_sharpe.jpg

:lol:

It's a whole lot of fun....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK1YZMhHz5o
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Remember nearly all of them.. yet im only 16. I still have a hairband with my name on ithink.. god how sad.
    Heh, how cool
  • Options
    I remember as well when the craze for neon clothing came out and my best friend had a pair of flourescent orange hot pants and i was so jealous as my mum siad they were awful and wouldn't buy me some! It's only now that I look back at old photos and realise how horrific they actually were!

I had some cycling shorts which were flurescent orange on one leg and neon green on the other :o
  • Options
    I remember all of that, i wish i could be sipping on my Hooch or Mountain Drew right now, watching Jerrasic Park with no care in the world
  • Options
    FUN HOUUUUUSE it's a whole lot of fun.

I loved trolls, but they had to be Dam original and not Russ. I loved lil babies too, anyone remember them?

I had a proper pudding bowl hair cut as a kid.

Global hypercolour t shirts that changed colour..bermuda shorts (they were banned by my school :( )

Mood rings

We didn't have literacy hour, we had ERIC (everybody read in class)

Used to read point horror, sweet valley high and babysitters club. Not goosebumps.

Went ice skating every Saturday to Solihull ice rink or Planet Ice and lined up in the middle to dance to Macarena and Saturday Night
    :o