Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Buses

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Now i really really mean this. Have you got HIS number :naughty::D
    You would love the gyms I go to. :D
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    You would love the gyms I go to. :D
    and the one my ex goes to up north! full of sted heads! back street gyms r us, 2.50 a go
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's not snobbery or arrogance to not want to sit next to smelly tramps, and to not want to pay an extortionate amount of money to do so.
    "Tramp" isnt a very nice word to describe a homeless person.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    and the one my ex goes to up north! full of sted heads! back street gyms r us, 2.50 a go
    Rubberskin will be having wet dreams tonight. :D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's not snobbery or arrogance to not want to sit next to smelly tramps, and to not want to pay an extortionate amount of money to do so.
    well they've paid the 'extortionate amount of money' to sit on that bus just like you.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    "Tramp" isnt a very nice word to describe a homeless person.

It's an accurate one, though.

I don't care why he hasn't washed for a month (probably something to do with the Special Brew he was carrying), I just care that I had to smell it all the way home.

People who don't know how to use soap and water should be banned from public transport, as should the scum who play the "music" at 9 billion decibels on their latest stolen phone.
  • Options
    buses can be shitty at times. sometimes they're late or early and being stood outside in the rain waiting for one isn't nice. i would have been inclined to agree with your little rant if you hadn't filled it up with racism and stereotypes. also, i like bus drivers. they're usually quite pleasant people.
  • Options
    I'm sure many of them are lovely people- when they're not at work. Most of them who drive for Stagecoach up here are foul-mouthed lunatics who are seemingly incapable of being polite to anything. Watching my bus driver getting out of his cab and attacking his colleague (this was because his colleague was narked at being cut up by my bus) was a high point of my travelling experience, I can say.

I'd hardly call it racism to be annoyed at people driving buses who cannot speak any English- they cannot do their jobs properly.

As for stereotypes, maybe my route is the Cliche Service, but every morning there is a selection of scallies wearing cheap perfume and playing their phones at a squillion decibels, and every evening there is a selection of homeless and alcoholic males wearing Eau de Tramp. It doesn't help that my bus goes from my area through a couple of rough areas before town.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    People who don't know how to use soap and water should be banned from public transport, as should the scum who play the "music" at 9 billion decibels on their latest stolen phone.

I'd agree with the latter part of that, since when did it become acceptable to make other people listen to your music in public?
  • Options
    to be fair kermit your bus journey does sound a bit shit but i don't think all public transport is like that. when i lived in newcastle the busses were fine and now i live in cardiff theyre ok too (apart from only taking exact change :mad: )
  • Options
    I've met my fair share of completely twattish bus drivers in the toon, it has to be said. Though the vast majority of them were Geordies born and bred :p
  • Options
    Does anyone think its not right that some drivers dont let you on if you only have a £5 note?
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Does anyone think its not right that some drivers dont let you on if you only have a £5 note?
    yes very. I haven't been refused for a fiver though.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    briggi wrote:
    I've met my fair share of completely twattish bus drivers in the toon, it has to be said. Though the vast majority of them were Geordies born and bred :p

How very dare you :p - my uncle is a Geordie bus drive 'in toon' as you say and he is a most lovely man. (most of the time ;) ) He's got some great stories from the busses actually - and he's not bitter either.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Ahh buses, fucking rubbish.

The train is the way to travel :D
  • Options
    HIT wrote:

It's funniest when some old man tries to pay his 30p fare with a tenner.

The poor driver's head explodes when he tries to do the maths:D
    Helen wrote:
    my uncle is a Geordie bus drive 'in toon' as you say and he is a most lovely man

He should drive my bus route then :grump:

Where I used to live in the city the buses were great, but its a different depot here, and the drivers are all miserable sweary turds. The Scotswood, Elswick and Benwell tramps and charvers don't help my mood- it certainly isn't arrogant to think that these people aren't fit to kiss my butt.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    I still haven''t forgotten or forgiven the cunt who drove off whilst I was climbing on the bus, leaving me on the bus and my wife in the pissing rain at the bus stop. I hope he dies in a suitably nasty manner, and I mean it.

No you don't. :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Kermit wrote:
    He should drive my bus route then :grump:

Aw I wish he did - sounds like you've had some right mares! :(
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    No you don't. :p

oh, alright then.

I hope he gets a nasty itch in his ear and he can't reach it:p
  • Options
    Got a bit of pent up anger there kermit?

Jesus Christ some bus drivers are wankers, some aren't. Some routes are good and reliable, some aren't. That's life.
  • Options
    Living near the centre of town, plus driving to work means I can thankfully avoid those cesspools of human misery.
  • Options
    I hate buses, some days i have to catch the 7.30 bus to school and i don't even start till 9! The 8 o clock bus is packed solid and full of noisy foul mouthed school kids so i go earlier.

Don't get me started on the buses that take us to and back from college too...at first they refused to actually take us to college and left us in town because they weren't 'insured' to take us up. :eek2: And it takes nearly an hour there and back. Plus they're damp and cold and stink. I can't wait till i can drive.
  • Options
    I don't like buses today :(. Not when I've had to stand AGAIN for an hour, for the like...6th time in a row that I've been on the bus at the normal time since last week. Not when I keep getting shoved onto the bus by first years wanting to go home so desperately...you aren't gonna get on the bus any quicker by pushing, you fuckers. Not when the cunt on the bus to Stansted on Tuesday, when I asked him "can I use this on here *presents buspass*? If not I'll pay", said (in a very VERY rude way, I might add) "no, certainly not" like I was some piece of crap on his shoe. Not when I have to listen to people shouting and screaming on the sodding bus at 7:45 in the morning, and no matter how loud my music is, I can still fucking hear them. Not when the old ladies STILL insist on getting on the bus that is meant for the fucking students and take up all the seats. Not when some cunt gets off at (or before) Tollgate when I'm sitting on the stairs, despite the fact that my bus leaves every hour, but there are buses that go to Tollgate at LEAST every 10 minutes. Not when I have to be up at half 6 every day to leave at half 7 (or 7, as it is this week as there's nobody to take me to the bus stop), to get the bus at quarter to 8, and STILL doesn't get us to Colchester on time.

Meh.

I hate buses :(.
  • Options
    My buses aren't that bad as very few school kiddies use them. A few chavs but I'm lucky my routes dont go through the rough parts. I just resent the fact I have to pay £49 a month to get to work (A whole days take-home pay FFS).That and they have now starting charging more before 9am. At least I can normally get a seat. I'm so happy I have a Zen, otherwise I'd go nuts. Oh, and a blast of slipknot is some smelly twat sits next to me always gets them to move quickly.
  • Options
    My life has improved loads since I got my scooter and am no longer reliant on public transport. Now I just have to deal with twatty motorists instead. It annoys me when I go to work to see all the cars blocking the roads with one driver in.

It is annoying when the bus driver can't speak English. Once the bus was diverted and the bus driver couldn't explain to me where to get off so I ended up walking through this really shit part of Brum in the middle of the night.

People always smoke on the bus (YUCK)..if you ask them to stop you get abuse thrown at you. I've also been spat at on the bus and seen people get mugged/beaten up.

Bring back conductors!

You can't get change on the buses here which is much better. It drives me mad when I'm in Cambridge and 20 Japanese students get on the bus, each one with a £20 note and everyone has to wait while the driver sorts out change.
  • Options
    my buses aren't too bad

£1 for a single journey anywhere in newport
    £1.50 for outlying areas (caerleon, cwmbran a bit more to go to cardiff tho i think)

and there are usually seats

it would cost me £4 a day to get to work and back but with me 4 week bus pass it costs me £32

Bargain! :D
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    PussyKatty wrote:
    My life has improved loads since I got my scooter and am no longer reliant on public transport. Now I just have to deal with twatty motorists instead. It annoys me when I go to work to see all the cars blocking the roads with one driver in.

I know. I can't wait til I get a car so that I don't need to worry about the public transport issues. I am having to rely heavily on buses, trains and trams at the moment and it just isn't funny :(
  • Options
    Who was it that told me they would rather use the buses than drive an automatic car?
  • Options
    I haven't stepped on a bus since i got a car. Why? because i got sick and tired of my bus never turning up.
    When i used to work quite a way from where i lived. I had to catch a bus. On the way home i had to catch the last bus because of my finish time. BUT THE FUCKING THING NEVER TURNT UP, ON A REGULAR BASIS, and i was always there for at least 1/2 hr before it was due.
    I had no way of getting home any other way.
    On several occasions i had to phone my parents (who i didn't live with anymore) and beg for a lift home.
  • Options
    I preferred using pulic transport to using a a car, but it became impractical when I changed jobs - I do live in the Centro region, which seems to have better public transport than most of the country - and I don't use stagecoach.

I am amused that you complain both about the "high" cost and their paying the drivers so little no honest englishman would work for them.