Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Another thesite baby...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LacyMay wrote:
    Why with an AR?

To be awkward?
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    I think that the questions are fair enough, it's not like they are forced to answer if they don't want to.

True.

I just don't like the way people call them daft or whatever, when it's really not the appropriate time. Having a baby is probably the most amazing thing that could happen to anyone, it's just so hard to put into words. To us, it's just words on the internet but to them it's as I described - very possibly the best feeling you can have. Worth remembering that.

If they aren't responsible enough to have the kid, then time will tell, yeah? Be a lot worse if Hellfire had buggered off back to England, but he's willing to take responsibility, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt I reckon. I don't think there's a fixed correlation between acting the goat on the internet (not that I've seen him do that for about 2 years) and responsibilty for having a child.

Blethered too much about this, but better out than in.

EDIT - K, the argument had died. But oh well.
  • Options
    my great grandad was Alexanda and my dad's step dad was Alexander... T'is an amalgamation because we can :)

...and thanks JST, that actually means a lot

Lolz xxx
  • Options
    Worst. Name. Ever.

All that poor child would hear from now until eternity would be "I aaaaam the one and oooonly."

Please don't do that to any child. I would consider it cruelty to children :yes:
    :lol:
    erm...a worse name than Chesney ... Attila. I know someone called Attila actually. Hehe.
  • Options
    Rag-na ticky-poo - name of a kid at school, thats how its pronounced, dunno bout spelling though.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    erm...a worse name than Chesney ... Attila. I know someone called Attila actually. Hehe.

The Hun?
  • Options

Does she get called The Hun?
  • Options
    The Hun?

Bitch.
  • Options
    Bitch.

:razz:
  • Options
    Tis a blokey. He's got a brother with a funny name as well, trying to find out what it is. I know a blokey called Dyson as well.
  • Options
    no point in spelling it alexandar, noone will spell it right!
  • Options
    if i ever have a girl i want to call her mia (mee-ah) like the abbreviation for amelia...i just like mia on its own though :(
    they say you sometimes get a gut feeling knowing its a boy/girl, my mum did both times and she was right!
  • Options
    my name (rachael) is bad enough, people are ALWAYS spelling it wrong
  • Options
    Oh My God

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That was my genuine initial reaction - my eyes did the hole bulging motion. But congratulations to both of you, I'm so shocked! So, are you going to call it Richard? Still in shock, but pleased for both of you :yes:

Have some babycake :birthday: (not made with babies...)
  • Options
    If you give someone a funny name, or a name spelt differently, then they will spend their life either having to spell it out to people, or putting up with folk spelling it wrongly.

That's the problem with some otherwise great names in my opinion. At least my first name is easy, which makes up for having to spell out my surname.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    if i ever have a girl i want to call her mia (mee-ah) like the abbreviation for amelia...i just like mia on its own though :(
    they say you sometimes get a gut feeling knowing its a boy/girl, my mum did both times and she was right!
    The actress Mia Maestro is dead hot, go with Mia.
  • Options

Think of the poor teachers. We have so many crap names spelt wrong.

The class above me has a Reane (pronounced Rhiann).
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

Isn't it also the same as the date when they're born? This happened to my mum with us three - she got told that me, my borther and sister (we weren't all born at the same time though) were due a certain date and we were actually all born either a few days later or earlier than when mum got told we would be born.
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    baby cakes yum :yum:

Lolz wants a boy but she thinks its a girl (how I do not know its like a bunch of cells atm)

Hellfire
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Princess Diaries?
    My friend's daughter is called Amelia, but shortened to Milly.

Attila's brother is called Tibor btw.
  • Options
    Princess Diaries?
    My friend's daughter is called Amelia, but shortened to Milly.

Attila's brother is called Tibor btw.

Makes me think of trebor strong mints

lolz xxx
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    If you give someone a funny name, or a name spelt differently, then they will spend their life either having to spell it out to people, or putting up with folk spelling it wrongly.

I've found this for most of my life with my first adn last names. Also, no matter how many times I spell my name to people, they ALWAYS get it wrong. (even my dad has spelt it wrong:eek: )
  • Options
    you can't really spell lucy wrong and i've only had 2 people spell lucinda (my real name) wrong (lucinder!). but the surname i was born with - everyone used to spell it wrong. too many double w's, double o's, double l's and double t's!
  • Options
    Ghengis would be cool
  • Options
    Mist wrote:

That's the problem with some otherwise great names in my opinion. At least my first name is easy, which makes up for having to spell out my surname.

It's simple names too though - I have no idea why people get confused with the spelling of 'O'Neill' for example. FFS, it's a clothes / sportswear trademark (or whatever they do :p). Oneal. Oneel. Oniel. (and worse) :mad: :mad: :mad: [/rant over]
  • Options
    i've had my name spelt...rachel, racheal, rachelle, rachul....i still have to tell people now!
    half of my dancing medals are spelt 'rachel' till they actually checked everyones names! luckily my surname is pretty simple - it's a well known name! :p
  • Options
    Well most people spell Graeme, Graham :( and laura has had her name spelt lora before.
  • Options
    you can't really spell lucy wrong and i've only had 2 people spell lucinda (my real name) wrong (lucinder!). but the surname i was born with - everyone used to spell it wrong. too many double w's, double o's, double l's and double t's!

I have a friend who spells Lucy with an i & e.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Vlad, Vlad, Vlad the Impaler. Only thing to call a boy. :D

Or call it William. It's the best name. EVAR.