Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Another thesite baby...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    so have you thought about it yet? how you're gonna pay ect?
    i hope to god my contraception never fails!
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    so have you thought about it yet? how you're gonna pay ect?

That's got nothing to do with us lot.
  • Options
    Now I've overcome the shock somewhat. Good Luck and... well Good Luck
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    This is lolzabeth now...

Thanks to everyone that are being nice...the rest of you I really couldn't care less what anyone says so carry on bickering and bitching. ..

What are people not allowed to make a joke now? Lighten up girl, you'll need to if you're going to survive being a mum.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Why? How are you going to afford it? Your girlfriend buys you airsoft crap all the time and you sleep on a mattress on a floor. :/

Obviously I'm not going to be buying him more airsoft stuff...that was before I found out so that's irrelevant. The matress on the floor was because our bed broke and we saw no point in buying a new one so close to moving flat. We're going to get a new one once we've bought the new flat.
    As your-babe says our finances are not really any of your business but we'll manage. People worse off than us with no support manage so why can't we?!

and fiend...actually I'm almost 22 and a hell of a lot older than most people having kids these days. We know the facts, part of my degree was children's mental and physical development and we have people that wont bicker or bitch about our age and situation to support us.
  • Options
    congrats:thumb:
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    and fiend...actually I'm almost 22 and a hell of a lot older than most people having kids these days. We know the facts, part of my degree was children's mental and physical development and we have people that wont bicker or bitch about our age and situation to support us.

See Mist's post...
  • Options
    I still think the pair of you are daft. But anyways, good luck.
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    Obviously I'm not going to be buying him more airsoft stuff...that was before I found out so that's irrelevant. The matress on the floor was because our bed broke and we saw no point in buying a new one so close to moving flat. We're going to get a new one once we've bought the new flat.
    As your-babe says our finances are not really any of your business but we'll manage. People worse off than us with no support manage so why can't we?!

at the end of the day people just get concerned about young parents - no one wants to see a baby bought into the world that can't be supported, and i guess alot of young parents put a bad example, personally i think 21 and 18 is a bit too young cause theres always time later - but it suits different people. But any parent to be needs alot of growing up/preparing to do no matter how old.
    as long as you can support/bring it up right then everythings hunky dory
  • Options
    I can take a joke but the problem is I know some of the replies on this aren't joking.
    I'm sorry if I took some of the things that WERE meant as jokes to heart but I'm a bit...well...shocked at the moment. It's going to take a while to get used to.

Thanks again everybody
  • Options
    Not all support is financial though is it?
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    but it will be supported, thats why we all go to work and pay taxes - good old benefit system
    point - i think it sets a good example to be working when you bring up a child - not just cause of the ones that just rely on the state to look after them.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Not all support is financial though is it?

exactly
  • Options
    Can see why some people would complain about the benefit system, but I don't contribute at the mo- so not complaining. Still though, surely children/babies all over the UK can live a slightly more secure and supportive life from the benefits, so it can't all be bad. Going off track :)
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    but it will be supported, thats why we all go to work and pay taxes - good old benefit system
    I dont see thats your problem but we are both earning our money, Obviously things like child tax credit which everyone is intitled too.

WE will deffinately not scrounge of the goverment concidering I think it's sick how many people do that at the moment,

Hellfire

Lolzabeth - I've paid my taxes for as long as I've been working. Aren't I entitled to a bit of help? Isn't that what I pay them for in the first place?
    I'm going to be working for as long as I can and will be going back as soon as I can afterwards. And yes fiend, we know not all support is financial but we have a brilliant lot of friends and family that will help us out when we need it. This baby is going to be INCREDIBLY loved and spoilt :p lol
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You got any Exams left Hellfire? Just... I imagine it's a bit much at the minute... becoming a father and the final exams! :crazyeyes

Haha, anyway. Congrats and good luck you two.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    I'm happy for you. I'd love to be in the position to be a Mother, but it can't happen. Love it how some people have tried to piss on the bonfire though. Good luck to you both.

I have to agree with everything said above. Congratulations to both of you, I really do wish you all the best. Just dont take the nasty comments to heart, only you can decide whether to have a child or not, and its not anyone else business to put you down because of it.
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    This baby is going to be INCREDIBLY loved and spoilt :p lol
    Sounds good :) Must be so exciting!
  • Options
    thank you so much, even you gerbal :D and no I dont do exams on BND's :D
  • Options
    ok maybe not spoilt....spoilt kids are the worst tbh :p
  • Options
    Aww. Isn't he like 12984 years younger than you?

Why did you pick a child to be the father of your baby? This is fuckin hilarious!
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Sounds good :) Must be so exciting!
    Hellfire - It is, very exciting, sitting discussing options and plans, it is looking ok but we know it's a long bumpy wobbly road ahead. it'll be a struggle and trial but at the end of it there is someone I can call my son/daughter and thats all that matters to me, someone I know I will love with all my heart just as much as I love my girlfriend, knowing of everything that could happen, how hard it'll be, thinking of that just tells me it'll be worth it.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    ok maybe not spoilt....spoilt kids are the worst tbh :p
    :D My boyf calls me a spoilt biatch (jokingly ob.), but then I have well off relations. I'm not a spoilt diva though.

Can understand why parents would want to give their child/children all they could though :)
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

Why did you pick a child to be the father of your baby? This is fuckin hilarious!
    Lolzabeth - Thanks for that. So nice to know you're so supportive :p

I love that "child" you talk about and I'm not scared to admit it. Who cares about age anyway these days? Aslong as both people are consenting then what's the problem? I would rather have a baby with Hellfire than half of the "men" I meet twice his age, or my age in fact, which is only 3 years older. What's that when we're 30 and 33? nothing. I'm happy, he's happy, be happy for us please :)

oh, and balleriina, I meant in the sense it will get spoilt in the loved sense not the 5000000 toys so you can't move in the house kind of spoilt :p
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

Didn't someone say they were 18 and 21? So, if it was me in their situation, a pregnancy between a 17 yr old and a 32 yr old, what would you make of that?!!
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    What's that when we're 30 and 33? nothing.

To me it's nothing more than a number. And it's not like he's under 16 or anything like that...
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    be happy for us please :)

I'll be happy for you :D
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    :D My boyf calls me a spoilt biatch (jokingly ob.), but then I have well off relations. I'm not a spoilt diva though.

Can understand why parents would want to give their child/children all they could though :)
    i know, you have to have a balance between giving them the best and spoiling them rotten - my parents have always made me earn my treats/prezzies whatever from as far as i can remember - it's really made me appreciate what i have and i never expect them to splash loads on me. It makes me feel guilty!
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    To me it's nothing more than a number. And it's not like he's under 16 or anything like that...
    someone speaking sense :thumb: age is only a thing if people make it out to be tbh.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    age is only a thing if people make it out to be tbh.

:yes: And Lolzabeth - I'm happy for you & Hellfire and hope everything goes alright.