Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Another thesite baby...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Best name for the baby...

JimV (pronounced Jimvvv or Jimvee, depending on your opinions)

That is, after Rich.

It's too late for me. More baby :heart: in the morning. Don't you get all broody when someone's having a baby?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Is a Jimvee a bit like a Humvee ?
  • Options
    exactly!

damn this thread is fast moving too

almost makes me feel like ive been hit by a bus or something

anyways congrats guys
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    If ever child was named after where they were conceived though... how many would be called "South Mimms Service Station"?

Or Buick
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    If ever child was named after where they were conceived though... how many would be called "South Mimms Service Station"?

or 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Jim V wrote:
    Congratulations, and as to the haters, fuck the cunts, just enjoy the good news.
    ...HIC...I'M NOT DRUNK...HIC....I CAN STILL MODERATE...HONEST...HIC

:p
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    MrG wrote:
    or 127.0.0.1
    roffle. cyber baby ;x
  • Options
    Or be like that lame programmer dude who named his kids "version 1.0" and "version 2.0"
  • Options
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    thanks everyone, and no, we cannot name it after were we met (thesite or any mod name lol)

But anyway, thanks, it means alot to us,

Hellfire & lolzabeth
  • Options
    Well Hellfire would have been the last person on thesite I'd have expected to have a baby. But well done! :thumb:
  • Options
    congratz to you both
  • Options
    Couldn't be arsed reading past the first couple of pages.

I'm over the moon for the pair of you, congratulations on the start of a l'il family! Make sure you look after her/cater to her every whim, Hellfire :)
  • Options
    Congratulations! I was 19 when I had my eldest - there's no reason why younger people shouldn't make good parents.

You'll be just fine I'm sure.
  • Options
    congratulations. thats really cool.
    I hope it all goes well for you. :)
  • Options
    Wow. Just wow. This was the first thread I clicked on this morning and it was so not who I thought it would be about. Hellfire pretty much dropped off the radar for the past year or so and then WHAMMY. Totally unexpected. Anyway, congratulations to you both on your good news and all the best for the next 18 years :)
  • Options
    Congratulations. :)

I think Jim V's pre-edited post about the haters holds true - fuck the cunts.
  • Options
    Congrats :D

Im broody atm, so il go thru my broodyness by you's :p
  • Options
    Addict wrote:

I think Jim V's pre-edited post about the haters holds true - fuck the cunts.
    :yes: :yes:
  • Options
    Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one and most of them are full of shit.

You are young, but that doesn't mean you'll be bad parents - I was 18 when I fell pregnant with my eldest and I'm an amazing parent (and I'm seriously not just blowing my own trumpet ;)) You'll be absolutely fine, just take it all in your stride.

Also, not sure if pimping other websites is ok so mods can feel free to snip if they want, but since I noticed you're based in Paisley you might want to have a swatch at AltNation's parenting forum - it's a Glasgow based forum which expanded from the Cathouse forums to a site like this with a fair few parents around your age, it's a great resource for someone looking for chat and advice. You might also want to check out BabyCentre who can send you a weekly email showing how your pregnancy is progressing.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Wow, shocker.

Congratulations. I hate when people slate young parents. Having a kid is never gonna be easy, regardless of how old you are, and there's plenty of people that make crap parents even if they had their kids later in life.

So yeah, hope everything goes well for you all. :)
  • Options
    thanks, ahhh alt nation and catty, :p miss it, although were in essex for summer then moving to aberdeen we're leaving paisley behind, thanks for the links it was so thoughtful.

thanks everyone else, and Jim v's quote should be quote of the week, :yes:
  • Options
    fwiw i found babyworld to be good too. The forums on babyworld are much easier to use than the babycentre ones, although babycentre has more information and is good for the extra features.
    Ukparents forums are quite good too.
  • Options
    Congratulations...and good luck. Theres plenty of folk round here to give constructive advice if you need...just ignore all the crap! :thumb:
  • Options
    Vonnie wrote:
    Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one and most of them are full of shit.

You are young, but that doesn't mean you'll be bad parents - I was 18 when I fell pregnant with my eldest and I'm an amazing parent (and I'm seriously not just blowing my own trumpet ;)) You'll be absolutely fine, just take it all in your stride.

Also, not sure if pimping other websites is ok so mods can feel free to snip if they want, but since I noticed you're based in Paisley you might want to have a swatch at AltNation's parenting forum - it's a Glasgow based forum which expanded from the Cathouse forums to a site like this with a fair few parents around your age, it's a great resource for someone looking for chat and advice. You might also want to check out BabyCentre who can send you a weekly email showing how your pregnancy is progressing.

Good luck.

Hi there how are Finn and Nairn - Nairn looks really like Bob!
  • Options
    Aww man, this is so freakin exciting!!

My mummy had me when she was pretty young (like 20 or something) and there's never been a problem. It's really awesome banter, actually! =)

So congratulations! We need to see some pictures someday too :)

Enjoy it!
    x
  • Options
    Congrats and all that jazz :D
  • Options
    :eek:

Congrats :P
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    Lyra-Grae Elizabeth for a girl
    oooooh Northern Lights name :D
    really cool
  • Options
    Congratulations,

Everything will be fine, you both sound chuffed to bits about it and thats all that matters.

My best mate had her first baby at 18, 12 years later she has 3 children all to the same man, who she married a good few years later, loves them to bits they want for nothing and are a happy little family.