Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Damn womens mind games

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah, so if you went out with a woman who had a real dominant streak, there would always be a conflict. I think a lot of arguments and trouble in relationships come from not understanding who YOU really are and finding someone that really is the other piece of the jigsaw

Hmm but I prefer someone with a dominant streak, i like the conflict. Don't like someone who lets me have my own way all the time.

Its all very confusing i suppose there is no answer. Everyones different.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Hmm but I prefer someone with a dominant streak, i like the conflict. Don't like someone who lets me have my own way all the time.

Its all very confusing i suppose there is no answer. Everyones different.
    Guess it depends what you want. Everyones different as you say.
    Im not a doormat by any stretch of the imagination. Its really difficult to explain lol. I probably shouldnt even have tried.

you just have to find out what works for you.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    "what do you want for Christmas?", "what do you want for your birthday?"... plenty of opportunities throughout the year.

Exactly! What's ht epoint of telling the person who's supposed to know you best what to buy you... they might as well just give you money. Valentines Day is meant to be about being with the people you love the most... so to hear that a week before drives girls mental!

Why do women do that? If they want a man to surprise them, just tell him already! No point giving a "hint" to a bloke - he almost certainly won't notice it.

Why do women have to be so bloody impossible? :banghead:

So if a girl told you "Oh surprise me" what would you get her? Hm?
  • Options
    valentines is a bit more like mothers fay or something to me, just the 'be nice, cups of teas' and a bunch of flowers. me and my girlfriend spend the day together and cook for each other, but we dont normally go and get big presies like you might at xmas and birthdays. we're just too poor! :lol:

but anyway, it saves the frustration of not getting anything. a card, well written, means a lot. some nice flowers and food go well together as well. my girlfriend cooked me a bloody creme brulee!!! It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice!

No big pressies though :)
  • Options
    :D:lol:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Yeah, her. The woman is always the boss in any relationship. I worked that out very quickly.

She ain't in mine.

Girls through up challenges, tests, to see if you can pass them. Claiming they don't like Valentine's Day and pretending they don't want anything is one such challenge...immature, but it's textbook stuff.

Failing a 'test' is keenly noted and the most likely result is getting dumped.

How much one likes the other doesn't determine who holds the power, either. No offence, but your understanding of women is virtually non-existant. :p
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    No offence, but your understanding of women is virtually non-existant. :p

None taken I'd say the same about you. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

As long as there's another lad in this who doesn't believe the whole 'women have all the power' thing then I don't really care what your reasons why are.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    None taken I'd say the same about you. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Errr...i wasn't talking to you. :confused:
    As long as there's another lad in this who doesn't believe the whole 'women have all the power' thing then I don't really care what your reasons why are.

Eh?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    How much one likes the other doesn't determine who holds the power, either. No offence, but your understanding of women is virtually non-existant. :p

Thought that was in reference to me as I'd made the post about one person liking the other more being less dominant.

Arghh never mind i'm buzzing off my tits and not entirely with it
  • Options
    only extremely immature girls do that in my opinion. and quite frankly, why would you want to be with somebody who put you throught that kind of stress anyways? I dont get the whole " playing the game" aspect of dating. I think its incredibly stupid.

I think it's stupid as well, but creating tests doesn't apply only to people who are playing the 'dating game'. Girls create tests/create arguments etc in relationships to gauge personality, see if their b/fs act in their ideal way and see how 'tuned in' they are.

It's investigation into character, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
  • Options
    With regard to the original post, I have to say what did you expect that was a bit silly, you could have just bought her a card or something.

That particular type of mind game whilst practiced more frequently and more effectivly by women isnt a women only thing, everybody claims somethings less important to them than it actually is sometimes.
    This is the same with most "womens mind games" their generally not unique to women.

As for the women being in charge thing the way it usually workes for me is thatthe womens in gets her own way unless I realy want my way or I feel she's using me (using as oposed to "testing")
    Generally they like a man to take charge at certain times, but not to boss them around loads.

Spliffie you make good points about "tests" however In my experience it seems these test are usually givern before your in a relationship (or maybe sometimes at the very begining) and a lot of the time you will fail these tests in her eyes if you do what superficialy she's asking for.

In a relationship the balence of power (if you can call it that) will generally shift much more towards the man, and their generally not "tested" much or if atall.
  • Options
    Guess you've learnt a valuable lesson. In the future you'll know always to have a card or something on standby. It's better to say "Oh, I know you said you didn't want anything, but I think you're so special that I couldn't not at least get you a card" than end up in the mess you are in now :p
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    And you believed her? :confused:

:lol:

just what i was thinking!

silly renzo.

even if she'd have meant it, you could've got her a card or something.
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    well get her something and give it to her when you see her tomorrow. just something little. if i was her, id still appreciate it. better late than never.

good point. no, you can't have automatically been expected to see through her 'lie' but... she's told you now- have u got her anything?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    No offence, but your understanding of women is virtually non-existent.
    Shut up, you idiot.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    None taken, I'd say the same about you. (Spliffie) We'll just have to agree to disagree. As long as there's another lad in this who doesn't believe the whole 'women have all the power' thing then I don't really care what your reasons why are.
    Men just like to think they're in control. Women are far more... covert about it all, much more subtle. And this isn't just to be seen in relationships, look at the family. When you lived with your parents, who was REALLY in charge of running the house?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    When you lived with your parents, who was REALLY in charge of running the house?

Me and my brother! :D
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Shut up, you idiot. Men just like to think they're in control. Women are far more... covert about it all, much more subtle. And this isn't just to be seen in relationships, look at the family. When you lived with your parents, who was REALLY in charge of running the house?

For every example you could give of a woman being in control in a relationship, I could counter with the fact that the man allows this aspect to be controlled. To be submissive is a choice and therefore the submissive act is in fact a dominant one, noone can dominate you unless you FIRST are willing to be dominated! So, no SG, I don't think you really understand the dynamics of a sexual relationship and power.
  • Options
    Further, when missunderstanding sub/dom relations in all relationshis (I'm not restricing to fetish type activities), it seems that the submissive is often taken to be 'weaker' or 'indecisive'. This can easily be shown to be ERONEOUS when you note that a submissive is IN CONTROL of when, with whom, about what, to what degree etc. they are submissive.

blah blah blah
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    ...when missunderstanding sub/dom relations in all relationships, it seems that the submissive is often taken to be 'weaker' or 'indecisive'. This can easily be shown to be ERONEOUS when you note that a submissive is IN CONTROL of when, with whom, about what, to what degree etc. they are submissive... blah blah blah...
    I haven't got the faintest idea what you're talking about now.
  • Options
    There is some common point to some relationships, but all relationships are different at the end of the day as every single personality is different, therefor there is no way a couple is exactly equal to an other and work in the same way.

This conversation is useless.

There is no manual to love.
  • Options
    Ah well, none of this matters now anyway. Shes decided we'll just be mates (or at least she thinks anyway... damn complicated women)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I haven't got the faintest idea what you're talking about now.

I know. Would you like me to explain a little more?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I know. Would you like me to explain a little more?

• Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Ah well, none of this matters now anyway. Shes decided we'll just be mates (or at least she thinks anyway... damn complicated women)

Well, if you don't 'get' her signals, and she's giving out signals that you wont get; sounds like continuing a relationship would just be too confusing. Doesn't mean either of you are in the wrong, I would just read it as being incompatable even if you're attracted to each other. Go with the 'friends' thing, you might end up more in tune with each other to the point where you can restart a relationship, or you might not...
  • Options
    There is no manual to love.

And ain't that the truth! :thumb:
  • Options

Yeah :lol: was partly having a dig but also, I believe what I said and would have no qualms in expanding on it if he's interested.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Yeah :lol: was partly having a dig but also, I believe what I said and would have no qualms in expanding on it if he's interested.
    I haven't got the patience to waste on dealing with pathetic digs. Either explain what you meant, or clear off and let me get on with my day.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:

For sure, just replied what came to my mind on the moment ;)
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    To be submissive is a choice and therefore the submissive act is in fact a dominant one, noone can dominate you unless you FIRST are willing to be dominated!.
    I see what you mean, but if to be submissive is a dominant act, and also to be dominant is a dominant act, then surely a D/S relationship is equal. You cant really have that sort of lifestyle without explicit consent from both parties. The submissive is not controlling the dominant, but obviously she/he offers the submission in the first place - its not just taken, or else thats abuse, and thats not what D/S relationships are about at all.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I haven't got the patience to waste on dealing with pathetic digs. Either explain what you meant, or clear off and let me get on with my day.
    As though shes standing here invading YOUR space!!!

get over yourself.