Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Damn womens mind games

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
She told me she didnt like Valentines day so not to bother with anything.
She turned round today and said she lied. Why does EVERYTHING have to be so damn complicated?! Whats witht he fecking mind games girls. :yeees:

Comments

• Options
    Tell her off for lying :).
  • Options
    I've never understood this either. I know one woman who's always told me, "oh Valentine's Day is just an excuse to make money, it doesn't matter to me either way". Then when the day comes, they've miraculously changed their minds. No, I don't understand what it's about either.
  • Options
    teehee :D
  • Options
    in principal, they might not like it, but on the day, they still wanna be spoilt rotten :p
  • Options
    yeah..thats like common knowledge, what a woman asks for and what she really wants are too different things..
    for example if she says something along the lines of 'im not bothered how much it costs its the sentiment that means something', she really means 'i want the most expensive thing in the shop' :p
  • Options
    Tell her off for lying :).

Yep, make her feel bad for lying
    "how can we build a trusting relationship if you can't tell me the truth about simple things?"

That'll teach her! ;)

Seriously though, my policy has always been to take what women say at face value, and let them know that I do this. If my girlfriend said to me that she didn't like valentines day and saw it as a waste of money then I would tell here there and then not to expect anything. If she expects me to make a fuss, then so do I.
  • Options
    I have been in this situation a couple of times before

Firstly I had this boyfriend who I didn't think I had that sort of relationship with - ie we never went out with each other i'd just stay over once or twicw a week and we would get stoned and anyway on bloody valentines day he gave me some chocolates which was well sweet but really embarasing - arrghghgh.

Then today - mark said he didnt' belive in giving presents and stuff for valentines day so I was only going to do breakfast in bed and a card and I got chocolates this morning and flowers just now - I feeeeell not worthy once again.

Maybe boys are more into valentines day than girsl (or maybe its just me hating the day as I didn't get a valentines card untill I was 21 and then it was all wrong (this is despite me having had boyfriends almost constantly since I was 15))
  • Options
    Happened to me as well
    Got told not to bother... so I didnt.
    Girls, if you do want something, please tell us it will be easier on everyone.

Failing that, I did find this from another forum I go on regulary
    http://www.meish.org/vd/
  • Options
    It's because girls hate the dreaded question "what do you want for valentines day?"

Though, I gave in this year and helped my boyfriend choose my present, and he still used his imagination and bought me a couple of things extra and did something really sweet for me :blush:

Maybe that's what she wants... just a little cute surprise
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    It's because girls hate the dreaded question "what do you want for valentines day?"
    "what do you want for Christmas?", "what do you want for your birthday?"... plenty of opportunities throughout the year.
    Though, I gave in this year and helped my boyfriend choose my present, and he still used his imagination and bought me a couple of things extra and did something really sweet for me :blush: Maybe that's what she wants... just a little cute surprise
    Why do women do that? If they want a man to surprise them, just tell him already! No point giving a "hint" to a bloke - he almost certainly won't notice it.

Why do women have to be so bloody impossible? :banghead:
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:

Though, I gave in this year and helped my boyfriend choose my present, and he still used his imagination and bought me a couple of things extra and did something really sweet for me :blush:

Maybe that's what she wants... just a little cute surprise

Even if that is true...she's still playing mind games with him.
  • Options
    Well its too late for anything now. I just wasnt sure what to do cos im not sure where things stand at the moment.
  • Options
    if its your first valentines together then the girl might say shes not bothered because she doesn't think the guy will be. so does it to save face but really deep down hopes that he will make a fuss.
  • Options
    Things have only been happening 3 weeks though, im not even sure if its 'serious' yet.
  • Options
    A good answer to her would be:

"Fuck you, I aint a fucking mind reader!
    If you don't know what the fuck you want how am I suppose to know?"
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    if its your first valentines together then the girl might say shes not bothered because she doesn't think the guy will be. so does it to save face but really deep down hopes that he will make a fuss.
    This reminds me so much of a situation I was in several months ago. I'd had an argument with someone I know, she was talking about how much she couldn't stand me, and so on. I told her, "if you don't want to know me anymore, fine" before she says "oh, but wait, all I wanted was a romantic gesture, like a flower or something". What the hell?! :eek2:
  • Options
    A good answer to her would be:

"Fuck you, I aint a fucking mind reader!
    If you don't know what the fuck you want how am I suppose to know?"
    Rainbow Brite would probably kick you in the bollocks if you told her that. :p
  • Options
    Its because girls what guys to go out of their way to do something special. If we just tell them what we would like, it completely ruins it. Its nice to know that the guy has given it alot of thought and not just taken the easy route by asking her directly what she wants. It makes it that much nicer! Any girl who says that they don't want to be spoilt on valentines day is lying. All girls like to feel loved and liked to be fussed over.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Its because girls what guys to go out of their way to do something special. If we just tell them what we would like, it completely ruins it. Its nice to know that the guy has given it alot of thought and not just taken the easy route by asking her directly what she wants.
    We're not mind readers, Stacey!
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Its because girls what guys to go out of their way to do something special. If we just tell them what we would like, it completely ruins it. Its nice to know that the guy has given it alot of thought and not just taken the easy route by asking her directly what she wants. It makes it that much nicer! Any girl who says that they don't want to be spoilt on valentines day is lying. All girls like to feel loved and liked to be fussed over.

Point exactly. :yes:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Rainbow Brite would probably kick you in the bollocks if you told her that. :p

Nah, she know who the boss is ;):lol::p
  • Options
    Nah, she know who the boss is ;):lol::p
    Yeah, her. The woman is always the boss in any relationship. I worked that out very quickly.
  • Options
    but i think the point here is that renzo has only been seeing this girl for 3 weeks so she probably didn't want to come on all strong and so was just like yeh im not really bothered, when deep down she was.

i wouldnt say thats mind games either.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:

To be fair ive not had to do Valentines day before so really didnt know how to take it. If she wanted me to do something she should have said.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Yeah, her. The woman is always the boss in any relationship. I worked that out very quickly.

in any usual relationship it's maybe the case, but not here...
    Also I think the woman become the boss only if the man allow her to be.
    Most men want her women to be the boss anyway :p
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:

That could be a reason for not saying exactly what she would want, but not for saying the complete opposite. That's just stupid and she deserves to get nothing if she says not to bother, in some kind of bizarre expectation that someone who has been with her for only a matter or weeks will mystically be able to determine that she was lying and figure out a perfect gift.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    i think french men are quite different to english men though.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:

But why not just say that you would like a suprise...
    My ex used to do it all the time, say she wasnt bothered about something, then get arsey when I never did anything about it...

After a while she started telling me what she wanted and it sorted the problem out!

We can still do nice things and suprise you... also long as we are not miss lead into thinking you dont want that!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i think french men are quite different to english men though.

We are indeed. But not sure it's cos of that tho, cos plenty of French men
    get boss around too. Maybe a bit less than here tho.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    All girls like to feel loved and liked to be fussed over.

And yet so few are willing to do the same for their blokes.

...the ones I know anyway!