Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hot club songs at the minute!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    I'm of the opinion that people who like trance like it because they can't dance, so they listen to music with no funk and do that silly flappy hand thing while refusing to move the funkiest bit of the human body - hips and ass.
    As Clinton once said (and that's George not Bill) - "free your ass and your mind will follow" :p
    And he did. And look at the trouble it got him into with the intern. :p
  • Options
    You missed this bit
    Blagsta wrote:
    (and that's George not Bill)

:p
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I'm of the opinion that people who like trance like it because they can't dance, so they listen to music with no funk and do that silly flappy hand thing while refusing to move the funkiest bit of the human body - hips and ass.
    As Clinton once said (and that's George not Bill) - "free your ass and your mind will follow" :p

:lol:

I could so picture you doing that, I'd bet it'd be hilarious.

Nothing wrong with a bit of hand dancing imo.
  • Options
    spot the difference

george-clinton.jpg

clinton.jpg
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    spot the difference

george-clinton.jpg

clinton.jpg
    :blush: Sorry, Blagsta!
  • Options
    Fuck that's tough...separated at birth maybe?
  • Options
    *puts Funkadelic on the stereo*
  • Options
    Trance is pretty shite, I find that either listeners of that genre either move on to other genres sooner than later, or are addicted for life. Must be those synths to the brain!

I used to listen to trance back in the day when it was good to listen to such a genre, 1996 -1999 is about right, from there on it's downhill all the way, it seems as though the genre had been stretched about as far it could go back then, but with the likes of Tiesto and AVB etc etc they had to push it further in to utter bollox!
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    I used to listen to trance back in the day when it was good to listen to such a genre, 1996 -1999 is about right,

Naaah, more like 92 - 97. I'm thinking of Eye Q, Harthouse, Secret Life of Trance compilations etc
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    I used to listen to trance back in the day when it was good to listen to such a genre, 1996 -1999 is about right, from there on it's downhill all the way, it seems as though the genre had been stretched about as far it could go back then, but with the likes of Tiesto and AVB etc etc they had to push it further in to utter bollox!
    I think dance music started really going through changes about 2000. Cast your mind back, the tracks everyone remembers are Kernkraft400 "Zombie Nation", Storm "Time To Burn", York "On The Beach", that sort of stuff. Some of it was alright, but trance was getting more and more cheesy. I think the world is owed an apology by AATW Records and Ministry of Sound for their contribution to this.

It's probably why I switched more and more towards house over the last few years.
  • Options
    Naaah, bollocks. In 2000 I was listening to stuff on Drop Music, Circulation, Plastic City, UR, Red Planet plus loads of UK garage stuff, breaks and some acid techno. MoS etc don't even figure.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Naaah, bollocks. In 2000 I was listening to stuff on Drop Music, Circulation, Plastic City, UR, Red Planet plus loads of UK garage stuff, breaks and some acid techno. MoS etc don't even figure.
    Yeah, I remember... for me, I was first hearing about Subliminal, Defected and other such labels. I was referring more specifically to Data and the now non-existent Rulin', two branches of the Ministry of Sound group at the time.
  • Options
    I always found the Subliminal and Defected stuff a tad cheesey personally. Some good stuff, but far too much "funky" house shite.
  • Options
    I think most chavs here in Northern Ireland, like heavey hardcore rave music, which I personally think is complete and utter shite, e.g DJ ztikus DJ rank etc..

I like good dance and trance music, that are personal mixes by the DJ, not just a dance record being played.

I'm in no way a chav. and have never touched a cigerate or and the only drug i use is alcohol, it;s just good music to listen to when drinking and dancing IMO.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Naaah, more like 92 - 97. I'm thinking of Eye Q, Harthouse, Secret Life of Trance compilations etc

You'll be older than me so that'll be 'your back in the day'!

I'm not saying it was all top stuff in 96-99, it wasn't, just that period stands out much more than any other to me.

Stargalaxy those tracks are horrible horrible! I remember when Tiesto played Zombie Nation in his set @ Innercity, I mean come on! Fuck that right off!

Yeah Subliminal is prety much like Ministry, very commercially geared. The only album I found worth listening to is Harry 'Choo Choo' Romero's.
  • Options
    I've got one good MoS comp, from when they used to run the "Open" nights and label. Stuff like Paperclip People, MD Xpress, Green Velvet etc. Unfortuantely Open wasn't very long lived.
  • Options
    Scott Project is good.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Scott Project is good.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! One good tune back in 1996 does not equal good.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Scott Project is good.

If I had to Listen to trance then I'd be listening to

Cor Fijneman
    Yves Deruyter
    Rank 1 (Although they were getting worse last time I heard)
    Ronald Van Gelderan
    Nu Nrg

That's about it really.
  • Options
    I'm in no way a chav. and have never touched a cigerate .

Off the point but this comment made me laugh :D
  • Options
    I'm loving grime/dubstep at the moment.
    http://dubstep.blogspot.com/
    dubstep mixes http://dubstep.blogspot.com/2005/07/mixes.html
  • Options
    What do you think of Pendulum? Started listening to them recently from a mate, I think they're great.
  • Options
    Haven't heard 'em tbh.
  • Options
    Download them, quite crazy...bit like some of the mad shit you hear on radio 1 at 4 in the morning sometimes.
  • Options
    Currently listening to this
    http://www.hotflushrecordings.com/PaulRoseN4Mix.mp3 dubstep mix. Amazing stuff.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    What do you think of Pendulum? Started listening to them recently from a mate, I think they're great.

Heard of them but never been interested in downloading any of there tunes to be honest, I here many people who barely like dance music say to me "Have you heard Pendulum, they're great". That instantly tells me something about Pendulum... they also seem very commerially geared from what I can gather!

I might give their Prodigy remix a try in the future If i'm bored.
  • Options
  • Options
    But i'd much rather listen to... High Contrast @ Cosmic Trip 23.07.05 ;)
  • Options
    Blagsta you might be interested in some Oldskool

Dimitri & Remy 1

Dimitri & Remy 2
  • Options
    I think Skive et al would appreciate some Old Skool Hardcore from 94!

Mixtape DJ Dano

Side A

Side B