Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Homeless people

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    'i will give if they have a dog ...cos i feel sorry for the dog.'

is that fucking seriously sick?

if your homeless and have medical/mental/emotional problems ...where do you think these people should actualy go to get help?

if you walk round town day after day after day ...asking for jobs ...even washing up at the back of a hotel ...how soon would you loose heart at being told ... 'fuck off before i call the police!'

imagine suffering depression and being on a frozen street night after night day after day ...no ones going to give you a job ...no one is going to deal with any of your problems ...no one realy gives a fuck about the likes of you ...and all the while ...you get to read a discarded newspaper most days.
    becks earns a bazillion quid for having a nice haircut ...his wife gets another bazillion for wearin g a tight frock ...do you think you'd become more depressed?

i too am disturbed by a lot of comments in this thread.
    the ignorance is seriously frightening.
    the uncaring i'm ok attitude is so sad.

the play station generation.
    the eat as much as you can till you pop people.
  • Options
    I noticed that. And people wonder why lots of people don't go in politics and debate?

I know...well tbh, I've beat him a few times but he'll never admit that ;)
  • Options
    I noticed that. And people wonder why lots of people don't go in politics and debate?

Exactly. I go in and read that stuff everyday. It should be called the we'll slag you off until you agree with us ("us" being a few abusive big headed asses) and not debate.

And Mr. Roll *applauds* When you have something usefull to say, you are very wise.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Exactly. I go in and read that stuff everyday. It should be called the we'll slag you off until you agree with us ("us" being a few abusive big headed asses) and not debate.

As do I. But I'm not going to bother trying to participate if I end up being called names like lucifer devil did for having an opinion.
  • Options
    Sugar wrote:
    or maybe he's just a horrible person? i wouldnt know but either way i dont think many ppl would give a stranger money if said stranger was drunk and shouting abuse at them, apart from anything else its scary for people to be in the situation where its night time and theres some random drunk shouting at them in the street!

Yeah, he might be a horrible person. My point is that you don't know, however there seems to be an attitude on this thread that homeless people are horrible, lazy, scary and feckless people. They're human beings like me and you, with all the good points and bad points that go with being human.
    Sugar wrote:
    would you be so understanding if someone close to you was scared half to death by him? and would you give him money if he shouted at you in the street? im not saying i dont understand that he may be ill or have serious problems, im just saying it makes me wary.

you're going on about everyone being so judgemental but you're judging everyone here on their opinions and experiences!

I'm not "judging everyone here on their opinions and experiences". I'm taking people up on their ignorant and offensive opnions.
  • Options

Maybe 'cos they know they'll get pulled up for having a shitty ignorant attitude?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Exactly. I go in and read that stuff everyday. It should be called the we'll slag you off until you agree with us ("us" being a few abusive big headed asses) and not debate

PML :D oh dear, how do you survive in the real world?
  • Options
    As do I. But I'm not going to bother trying to participate if I end up being called names like lucifer devil did for having an opinion.

Doesn't anything get you angry then? Don't you feel passionate about anything?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yeah, he might be a horrible person. My point is that you don't know, however there seems to be an attitude on this thread that homeless people are horrible, lazy, scary and feckless people. They're human beings like me and you, with all the good points and bad points that go with being human.

I'm not "judging everyone here on their opinions and experiences". I'm taking people up on their ignorant and offensive opnions.

thats better, making your point without being horrible to people.
  • Options
    Sugar wrote:
    thats better, making your point without being horrible to people.

Maybe I have a right to be angry?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Maybe 'cos they know they'll get pulled up for having a shitty ignorant attitude?

Some people do have an ignorant attitude, but there is no need to verbally abuse people because of it. There are much nicer ways to tell people they dont know what they are talking about.
  • Options
    Some people do have an ignorant attitude, but there is no need to verbally abuse people because of it. There are much nicer ways to tell people they dont know what they are ralking about.

So you never get angry and passionate about something?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    So you never get angry and passionate about something?

Of course I do. But I don't feel the need to express myself in such an insulting way, and I generally expect others to do the same. If I want people hear vulgar insults get thrown at me I'll go and stand outside of the local secondary school.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

Oh yes, thats it. And phrased so eloquently. The people who don't debate in there are morons.

And since when is an opinion wrong? Lucifer may type what she did becasue it was her opinion; a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty. She stated what she thought. Sugar stated her experiences and thoughts on them. The fact that one person cannot deal that somebodies opinions and thoughts differ from theirs and stoop to such lowness to go around calling them ignorant and cunts. The last I heard, stating an experience that you had was not ignorance or cuntworthy.
  • Options
    Of course I do. But I don't feel the need to express myself in such an insulting way, and I generally expect others to do the same. If I want people hear vulgar insults get thrown at me I'll go and stand outside of the local secondary school.

and if I want to hear insulting and offensive views on homelessness I'll go to my local conservative party meeting. I found lucifer devil's views extremely offensive and insulting.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Oh yes, thats it. And phrased so eloquently. The people who don't debate in there are morons.

And since when is an opinion wrong? Lucifer may type what she did becasue it was her opinion; a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty. She stated what she thought. Sugar stated her experiences and thoughts on them. The fact that one person cannot deal that somebodies opinions and thoughts differ from theirs and stoop to such lowness to go around calling them ignorant and cunts. The last I heard, stating an experience that you had was not ignorance or cuntworthy.

so all opinions are equally valid? bullshit
  • Options
    You can't really say something about homeless people in general because of some isolated subjective view.

Try talking to people who actually work with them, who talk to them on a regular basis.

Then you'll realise they're more than lazy drunks, they're humans who need our help.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    PML :D oh dear, how do you survive in the real world?

I survive quite well, thank you.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    and if I want to hear insulting and offensive views on homelessness I'll go to my local conservative party meeting. I found lucifer devil's views extremely offensive and insulting.

But her comments weren't a personal attack on you specifically, were they? Yours to her were.
  • Options
    But her comments weren't a personal attack on you specifically, were they? Yours to her were.

Yeah, they were actually.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

Show us where she said, Blagsta, you are an ignorant stupid cunt.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

Fin, ok then.

Clearly I'm wasting my time here then. I won't bother in future, I can actually have intelligent debate without childish and vulgar name-calling elsewhere.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Show us where she said, Blagsta, you are an ignorant stupid cunt.

I can show you where she insulted me, some of my friends and my clients if you like
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

no, they weren't. the worst i called you was a 'silly little fucker' or something along those lines. i didn't aim anything specifically at you. you did at me though.
  • Options
    no, they weren't. the worst i called you was a 'silly little fucker' or something along those lines. i didn't aim anything specifically at you. you did at me though.

I wasn't on about that. As I already said (more than once), I find your views on homeless people personally insulting.
  • Options
    post 56 was very insulting though, more than calling someone a silly little f
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I wasn't on about that. As I already said (more than once), I find your views on homeless people personally insulting.

well i'm sorry if i offended you so much. i was merely stating my opinion. just as you did. now end of.
  • Options
    Its the underlying assumptions that piss me off. The assumptions that all homeless people need to do is to pull their socks up, stop whinging and being so lazy and everything will be alright. The assumption that, actually, we are all equal and all have equal life chances if only we worked hard enough. The assumption that your life is the same as everyone else's. The assumption that there is help and it is easy to access. The assumption that homeless people are all scary subhuman monsters. Its the sort of thinking that leads to pissed up city workers urinating and defecating on homeless people and sometimes setting them alight. And if you think that never happens, think again.
  • Options
    It would be less offensive and your apology would be better recieved if it were made with reason, rather than just to stop an internet arguement. For instance, if you could possibly point out why the opinions were insulting and how now you thought differently, if you do at all? Otherwise, the apology is worthless. if you still feel the same way, insult still felt and apology not accepted.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    It would be less offensive and your apology would be better recieved if it were made with reason, rather than just to stop an internet arguement. For instance, if you could possibly point out why the opinions were insulting and how now you thought differently, if you do at all? Otherwise, the apology is worthless. if you still feel the same way, insult still felt and apology not accepted.

His above post pretty much sums everything up for me.