Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Homeless people

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    If only it were so easy to change people attitudes though. Today, a witch from housing benefit actually laughed at me on a follow up call about my appeal claim: "Well, we helped you out after you lost your home so you should know the system by now" chortle chortle. Me being a sappy git actually burst into tears to the meany moo. grrrrrrrrrrr why i oughta...lost ? ? ? :crying:
    take heart ...blagsta just changed the world.
    seriously ...it may well only be a tiny bit but ...he changed it.
    i'm sure you keep changing it as well.
  • Options
    Na, Baby's gonna change the world. I'm just gonna decorate it :)
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    If only it were so easy to change people attitudes though. Today, a witch from housing benefit actually laughed at me on a follow up call about my appeal claim: "Well, we helped you out after you lost your home so you should know the system by now" chortle chortle. Me being a sappy git actually burst into tears to the meany moo. grrrrrrrrrrr why i oughta...lost ? ? ? :crying:
    Since when was 'witch' an insult?

I've known (and fancied) a few witches.
  • Options
    too true, I just didn't want to type bitch *outcast radio edit version styleeeeee*. Same goes wih cunt though, I wish people would stop using it as an insult.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I gave some money to a homeless chap, can't have been more than 20, in Bratislava... felt realyl sorry for him. He was just sitting there, at the edge of the street...

What a bad start to life. :(
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    too true, I just didn't want to type bitch *outcast radio edit version styleeeeee*. Same goes wih cunt though, I wish people would stop using it as an insult.
    excuse the redwine response but ...what you just said reminded me of the latest robbie williams story.
    suing a magazine for acuusing him of being gay.

isn't he insulting gay people by taking such a stance?

surely it would have been better to say ...#i'm flattered but sorrythe answer is no?
    surely being accused of being gay is no longer an insult?
  • Options
    A bottle of a crate of red wine there? I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're on about...
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    A bottle of a crate of red wine there? I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're on about...
    A bottle of a crate of ...you lost me.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote:
    Same goes wih cunt though, I wish people would stop using it as an insult.

But it's a good insult.

eg, "You mothers cunt" :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    But how is a good insult? what is negative about a mother's cunt? be careful- you are talking to a mother with a cunt!
  • Options
    it's funny! but generally people tend to find it one of the most offensive swear words. my ex used to occasionally say it and would apologise after saying he was sorry he hated that word..i'd be like not bothered :\.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I don't use it as an insult generally, but more a term of endearment. I'm proud of my cunt, why should the vagina be used used as an insult towards people? I only call my friends 'cunts'.

But calling somebody a 'witch' is like calling them a 'Jew'. Witchcraft and other Pagan paths exist as much as Judaism. :p
  • Options
    yes that's true but as you see by my outcast styleeeee comment, the word witch was used becasue it rhymes with bitch as a swear word edit replacement rather than as a insulting term in itself.
  • Options
    Since when was 'witch' an insult?

I've known (and fancied) a few witches.

Likewise. She's a lesbian though, so i avoid perving in case she casts a hex on me :D
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Likewise. She's a lesbian though, so i avoid perving in case she casts a hex on me :D
    I'm a lesbian????