Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

drug crime

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    Yes, all drug users have a certain smell about them.
    that isnt what i said. i just said iv smelt it before on people who are out and about at the time of day when they should be at work and they look greasy and dopey and happy.

anyway i was tlaking to the manager of the coffee shop today and he says he doesnt think she was on heroin. says it seems like some new drug a bit like pcp which gives u a shot to the brain. crystal meth of 2ci? i dunno he couldnt remember what it was called. anyway he gave his statement at 5 o clock the next day and she was still in the police cell so she was obviously still acting all crazy and was a threat.
  • Options
    anyway i was tlaking to the manager of the coffee shop today and he says he doesnt think she was on heroin. says it seems like some new drug a bit like pcp which gives u a shot to the brain. crystal meth of 2ci? i dunno he couldnt remember what it was called. anyway he gave his statement at 5 o clock the next day and she was still in the police cell so she was obviously still acting all crazy and was a threat.

:lol:

You're really digging a hole for yourself.
  • Options
    that isnt what i said. i just said iv smelt it before on people who are out and about at the time of day when they should be at work and they look greasy and dopey and happy.

2cI? PCP? Crystal meth? Sounds like your manager takes the Metro far too seriously...

What kind of smell are you talking about btw?
  • Options
    sounds more like some poor sod with a mental illness.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    What kind of smell are you talking about btw?
    must be the smell of those alcohol swabs all junkies dab their arm with after having a hit ...
  • Options
    sounds more like some poor sod with a mental illness.
    I could well imagine that :lol:
  • Options
    some you really have your heads in the sand don't you?
  • Options

Are you just randomly naming drugs you have heard of? A shot to the brain?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

What do you mean? By suggesting that the drug law is obviously not working, that there are more addicts, more people using, cheaper and purer drugs, richer criminals, less stable producing countries, that is having our head in the sand?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

Some of us actually have a lot of experience working in the drugs field and know what we're talking about.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Walkindude wrote:

It seems to me your the one wihtout a clue. Pop over to the drugs board and learn something.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    And drug users are really objective on the subject??

why can you not accept that not everyone belives what you do. I have no problems with you saying yay drugs for you but you seem to have an issue with me saying they aren't great.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

We've got a professional drug worker and an ex addict talking to you here, and you're still not listening and carry on making absurd statements.

You say that we've got our heads in the sand when it is quite clearly the other way round. You don't know enough about drugs to even enter a debate about it.

You've obviously had the 'Drugs are bad mmkay' drilled into your head and are refusing to believe it may be a little more complicated than that.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    And because you all support the legalisation of drugs you ignore every other persons argument, you say learn abiout the history of drugs when I already have and you ignore the fact that I have talked to and seen professional drug workers and addicts before who say the exact opposite to you.

Juts understand that not everyone agrees with you. Just because you say it, doesn't make it right.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    And because you all support the legalisation of drugs you ignore every other persons argument,

But you havn't got an argument. All you keep repeating is that we're all entitled to our opinions. That's fair enough, but if you don't back up your views and opinions with reasons than they look a little weak.

I think we can agree that the drugs laws as they stand right now don't work, yes?

How do you think we should cut drugs crime?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    well I do have a point since drug workers and addicts I have seen and talked have said not to the legalisation of drugs. So that backs my point.

The drugs problem isn't easy and as I said, even if you did legalise drugs, it still wouldn't take down organised crime. They run on more then drugs.

It also brings to mind that anyone can legally buy a dvd in the shops but there are still plenty who by pirate dvd's.

Would drugs be any different?

Well they need to educate more and bring all the consquences of taking drugs. Not just the obvious. I mean, I smoked weed once. I didn''t get addicted or go mad or onto harder drugs but I did lose a friend over it coz he wouldn't pay me back the money he borrowed of me which he swore he would.

Take in all the consquences.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

why can you not accept that not everyone belives what you do. I have no problems with you saying yay drugs for you but you seem to have an issue with me saying they aren't great.

But you are arguing from a position of complete ignorance, as illustrated by you thinking that people get addicted to things on first go. Instead of actually listening to people who know what they're talking about and can back it up, you go off half cocked. Its not the first time either.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    And because you all support the legalisation of drugs you ignore every other persons argument, you say learn abiout the history of drugs when I already have and you ignore the fact that I have talked to and seen professional drug workers and addicts before who say the exact opposite to you.

Juts understand that not everyone agrees with you. Just because you say it, doesn't make it right.

You don't have an argument. You just say "I've studied this" then blatantly get your facts wrong. Its laughable.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    well I do have a point since drug workers and addicts I have seen and talked have said not to the legalisation of drugs. So that backs my point.

You know what would back up your stance even more? If you had your own argument.
    Walkindude wrote:
    The drugs problem isn't easy and as I said, even if you did legalise drugs, it still wouldn't take down organised crime. They run on more then drugs.

Of course they do. But there is a massive market out there for drugs right now, and it's a black market, it's in the hands of criminals with drug money going to terrorists and organised crime.
    Walkindude wrote:
    It also brings to mind that anyone can legally buy a dvd in the shops but there are still plenty who by pirate dvd's.

That's because priate DVDs are cheaper. IT's not a good comparrison.
    If an addict can get all the clean herion on presciption he needs, what addict is going to then buy dirty heroin of unknown quality which could risk their health.

If it's on presciption, there'll be no need for an addict to commit other crimes to pay for his addiction.
    Walkindude wrote:
    I mean, I smoked weed once. I didn''t get addicted or go mad or onto harder drugs but I did lose a friend over it coz he wouldn't pay me back the money he borrowed of me which he swore he would.

:confused:
    That's not the fault of drugs surelt, that's because your friend is probably a cunt.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    well yes he was, though if I hadn't given him money for weed and if he hadn't have been on it and smoking more and more of it then it wouldnt have happened.

I have had my own arguyment, you just said to back up my claims and I did! I have constantly stuck to my arguments.

And if you legalise it, you will create more addicts as its more open and people would no doubt be more inclined to try it.

I am well aware of the drug market, its worth about 800 million I think.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    well yes he was, though if I hadn't given him money for weed and if he hadn't have been on it and smoking more and more of it then it wouldnt have happened.

This is just stupid.
    Walkindude wrote:
    And if you legalise it, you will create more addicts as its more open and people

Rubbish.

It would have to be precibed by a doctor, you couldn't just walk in the doctors and say I'll have some heroin please - where as right now there are no controls on the drug. Anybody can get herion as long as they can find a dealer.

Addicts who'd get preciptions would also get health checks, clean needles etc reducing the risk of infections aswell.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Don't even listen to the gimp.

He thinks you can get addicted to coke by taking one line.
  • Options
    So that woulnt stop peopel going to drug dealers then if only addicts can get prescribed the durg, so it would still exist wouldn't it??

then if you are prescribing them, thats another weight on the NHS.

So coke really is not addictive at all and drugs do no hram whatsoever and its all honkey dory. Pff
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

So coke really is not addictive at all and drugs do no hram whatsoever and its all honkey dory. Pff

Do you realise how much money the NHS is wasting on drug addicts anyway regardless. If the drugs were legal and taxed they'd generate enough money to cope.

Plus it's also been well stated that in countries were drugs are legal, it's much less of a problem than here. Can you get your thick head around that?

No, coke isn't honky dory. I never said that, here we believe in people taking drugs safely..drugs can be moderately safe if used properly...we'll give you the facts and help needed.

People like you on the other hand have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, you listen to all the bad news and believe it like a blind sheep. Go educate yourself mate.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    So that woulnt stop people going to drug dealers then if only addicts can get prescribed the durg, so it would still exist wouldn't it??

Maybe not everybody but it would certainly cut the amount of new users. If you allow heroin to be precibed the arse will fall out of the black market.

At the same time you'd increase penalties for getting caught with non prescribed heroin. It makes sense.
    Walkindude wrote:

An extremely small cost. Now comapre that cost to the cost drug related.
    Walkindude wrote:

You don't have any idea do you?

It doesn't have to be an extreme. Whilse coke is certainly addictive and can be very damaging, not every user is an addict or has problems with it. Same with crack and heroin.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    no you belive in all the hype of your preciosu drugs because you chose to belive it. I on the either hand, actually admit and see there is another side to the drug story.

Cigerettes are legal and heavily taxed, but do they really cover the cost of treatment in the NHS?

The reason why drugs, leagl in other countires are less of a problem is because it has reduced the crime rate becuase the drugs are no longer illegal! So using and buying them et all isn't legal and so reduces the crime figures!

There is no real evidence to suggest that leaglisation makes any real positive impact.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Cigerettes are legal and heavily taxed, but do they really cover the cost of treatment in the NHS?

They more than cover it actually.
    Walkindude wrote:
    The reason why drugs, leagl in other countires are less of a problem is because it has reduced the crime rate becuase the drugs are no longer illegal! So using and buying them et all isn't legal and so reduces the crime figures!

Can you not get the idea in you head that addicts would no longer have to commit crime to pay for their addictions if the drug was prescibed to them clean and free?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    no you belive in all the hype of your preciosu drugs because you chose to belive it. I on the either hand, actually admit and see there is another side to the drug story.

There is no real evidence to suggest that leaglisation makes any real positive impact.

You really are a gimp.

Yes they do

Erm are you ok? I think you need to lie down for a few hours. Or maybe get you need to get your head out of the sand
  • Options
    Ana dthere is an unlimited suply is there? oN this prescriiption treatment? What if the addict wants more then the doctor will give? Where will they go for that? What will they do in drug altered states? And do you realise that it won't stop the other addicts who's drugs have not been legalised from commiting crime?

And what kidn of message is it to give an addict their supply? hand it over, government sponsered?
  • Options
    You think all that money goes to the NHS? And it really doesn't cover the costs of all the smoking related diseases actually.