Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Could Israel be planning to bomb Iran?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't accept trusting the fundamentalist christian leaders in the USA with nuclear weapons, but you know, they've got enough to wipe out the world, just about :)

Yes :yeees: . Because the American government is comparable to the Iranian crazies. :yeees:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I don't think Iran is really that bad in terms of fanaticism, it's women have quite a lot of freedom, certainly compared to places like Saudi Arabia

Reltively speaking, then yes, they are better off than Saudi Arabia.
    Though food for thought - Iran has something like the highest count of transsexuals pr citize, or at least among the highest.
    Hmm, ok.... But no, not really. If they don't want to get killed for being homosexuals then that's their only choice.
  • Options
    the most powerful nation on easrth is facing many problems ...the oil rich middle east and the accelerating growth of asia ...especialy china ...sucking in oil timber food etc.
    china is on the verge of becom8ing the earths dominant nation ...america can not and will not sit back and alow such a scenario to happen ...but what to do?
    there WILL BE ...an outbreak of diseases that will kill the right people ...in the middle east and asia anytime soon ...and of course it will all just be natural coincindence.
    watch this space cos ...it's the easiest way.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    SARS? This Bird Flu? Seems rather nasty with no real way of stopping it. It suddenly evolves to affect humans? Hmm.

The problem the US faces fighting Iran is the same as Vietnam. They don't play by the rules. Guerilla tactics, hit and run. Its difficult when the UN binds you do fight by the rules. But, those are the standards the US is meant to be upholding, right?

I think if the Chinese got the slightest wind hte US was trying anything, they'd be able to cause the kind of problems that would bring the western world down a peg or two. Think of what they control production wise.
  • Options
    I always feel I learn so much...just by reading what you-all write. There's always a different perspective...something I didn't think of.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    SARS? This Bird Flu? Seems rather nasty with no real way of stopping it. It suddenly evolves to affect humans? Hmm.

The problem the US faces fighting Iran is the same as Vietnam. They don't play by the rules. Guerilla tactics, hit and run. Its difficult when the UN binds you do fight by the rules. But, those are the standards the US is meant to be upholding, right?

I think if the Chinese got the slightest wind hte US was trying anything, they'd be able to cause the kind of problems that would bring the western world down a peg or two. Think of what they control production wise.

Rules America sticks to including the use of illegal weapons of mass destruction (ring any bells?). Tacticul nukes, napalm, depleted uranium shells AFAIK... All banned under UN law.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The last time they used Napalm or Flame Thrower tanks was in Vietnam. Still banned back then, but hey. Depleted Uranium is still an issue, health risks to soldeirs using them and all that. ESPECIALLY with Gulf War Syndrome.

But they are meant to be fighting this on the surface, and as Vietnam showed, break to many rules, and the press will rip you to shreds. In Iraq, too. Abuse etc...

America hasn't used Tactical nukes yet, has it? And as for cruise missiles... its about time they were fixed sothey don't hit schools and hospitals instead of military targets, eh?
  • Options
    Napalm was apparently used on the trenches in GW1...