Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What were/are you at school?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    At school, I was the type of person people would spit on when they saw me walking past. I was bullied from day one and it carried on till I left. I remember once in yer 8 or something a girl is my class grabed my leg and spun me round the class letting me go flying into the corner of a table. Bitch didnt even get in trouble for it.
    I did have a couple of mates but when I got to year ten they turned around to me and said they didnt like me anymore, so I hit one in the face with my shoe heal.
    No one at school could really stick a solid label on me, some saw me as the bible basher, others as the drugged up slapper, then there were the ones that saw me as the satan worshiping goth. I didnt really fit in with anyone.

Now I'm at college I get on with most of the girls in my class, they call me spooky cos I wear alot of black but they accept me for who I am and can see past what I wear. I love college only bad thing about it is some of the teachers.
  • Options
    I had learning difficulties... I was a swot... Uhm... But also the class joker.

In college I was really popular though... A bit of a stoner.
  • Options
    i was the human punch bag who ran away to become a rock star.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Until 16 I was the geeky but likeable kid.

At sixth form I was the cocky alternative slacker with irritatingly good results

At uni I'm the witty but slightly scary slacker guy you don't really know very well.

haha, amen brother
  • Options
    In the early years of secondary school, I was short, fat and had huge geeky glasses. I was the 'goth, greebo, hippy, witch' and was never hugely popular, I was often bullied by the 'in crowd' and picked on for being a geek.

It seemed to change when I got into 6th form, when puberty had finished torturing my body and I was good looking enough for some of the guys to say 'hey, she's actually quite fit' and people started to respect me. Before that I was just 'Fat Ilora' but in 6th form I'd changed quite drastically with the help of the gym and weightwatchers, and was more popular than I'd ever been. It was pretty cool in 6th form. I was also the only goth in 6th form, which seemed to attract more attention and for some reason people took me more seriously. I wish I was still in 6th form!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Well I hopped many schools, but the first school people though I was a potential target, cause I had gone to a French school and I was an American. Needless to say, he got his ass handed to him. Then in France, some Egyptian kid tried to pull the same crap, and got the same thing. And then I became popular but mainly because I was American and stronger than the rest of them. And people thought it was bs when I told them I had a passion for computers cause I didn't carry myself the same way as the geeks did.
  • Options
    At the begining of high school i started out all shy, then it changed in about year 9. The group i hung around with knew all the popular people and all the geeks, we knew pretty much everyone in the years above and below too. But the group of mates from high school all pretty much turned out to be backstabbers and the bitchiest people i know. At college my group of mates now are the best ever!
  • Options
    i'm one of the quiet/smart kids but i have a close bunch of friends who i can trust.....i see alot of backstabbing/bitching/falling out between the popular girls and i'm so glad i'm not 1 of them. I'm happy with my friends, they're the best! :thumb:
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i'm one of the quiet/smart kids but i have a close bunch of friends who i can trust.....i see alot of backstabbing/bitching/falling out between the popular girls and i'm so glad i'm not 1 of them. I'm happy with my friends, they're the best! :thumb:

Backstabbing is the best ! You shouldn't miss out on it ! :cool:
  • Options
    i'm ashamed to say i was varsity cheer captain in high school....and homecoming queen- but i wasnt a bitch i swear!....or an overly nice person, in fact, given my personality its amazing. oh and i got voted "most likely to become a rockstar" and "best friend" at graduation.

i was never one to judge or label people because i hated it when people did it to me!i had no enemies and was friends with everyone. aww i miss those high school days!
  • Options
    In school I only had a small group of 4 really good friends, but I got on with pretty much everyone worth bothering about so that I never had a shortage of fairly good friends or at least people I could easily talk to, I never made any enemies.
    There were always groups in my year, but they generally mixed pretty well, so I had my good set of mates I did everything with, mates I got wrecked with, mates I talked about music with and mates I played football with. My girlfriend was even in another group so I got to know her friends as well. It meant I never had a big group of good friends, but I prefered it that way because I need just a few friends who can be totally trusted.

I found the best way to avoid the bullying was to assert yourself without bullying in turn. So way back in first year when this fat bastard was trying to get everyone to give him their bus change on a regular basis, I beat the shit outta him on the bus and that was the end of it for a lot of the time. But even now I'd talk to him in the street, so it's no big thing, it's just setting rules down.
  • Options
    I was the weird little quiet one that could hold a decent friendly conversation, but not everyone knew who I was. And I was the one people always picked on to get a reaction out of. Because I got angry so easily. The majority learned that I can fucking hurt when I try hard enough though...

At college I am the one that can talk to everyone, and yet still has a little group of friends :). It was weird on the Spanish trip though...I was just hanging around everyone because my little group don't do Spanish :p
  • Options
    at school i was quite popular and intelligent. Used to hang around with all crowds but had a hardcore of 4 or 5 mates who i used to go out with. in 5th and 6th year started going out in town on a thursday night and being rough on a friday morning! after that my intelligence started fading, kept a few close mates at college but got on with everyone. but then my spiral into alcohol continued further at uni and spent more time in the pub than actually working or anything!

wouldnt change a thing tho. great times.
  • Options
    Primary school, I was broadly a teacher's pet as most kids who are a bit clever are at that age. I was also water fountain monitor! :D I got on with everyone broadly speaking though, I had one or two people I was more friendly with but I can't really remember having any close friends.

Secondary school, I sort of had two groups of friends on the go over this period, one were the swots (and I was the most normal/most dumb swot!) and later I found out they were fake and didn't actually especially like me at all, more felt sorry for me. The other were my two best friends at secondary school, the first time I truly had friends I knew I could count on and that I didn't always have to be a doormat and take hassle off so-called "friends". Unfortunately they both left after GCSEs and one I only knew from 2nd year and the other from 4th year. But I'm still in touch with one of them, in fact I sent him a birthday card today! I was still a teacher's pet but broadly speaking I think most people liked me and I think I'm remembered by people I went to school with for being a bit eccentric...

Uni's been a bit weird to be honest. I've also lost the motivation to work, so I'm just bobbing along trying to keep my head above water. I know a fair few people but just seem to be stuck chatting small talk to them because I have so few hours to actually get to know anyone. I mostly hung out with housemates last year but then slowly over this year I've got to see the darker sides they kept hidden last year, so because of past experience I ditched them because they were negative influences in my life. My crowd of friends seems to be getting smaller but I'm getting more trusting in the friends I do have and keep meaning to make the effort to make new ones... doesn't help when you totally hate uni though!
  • Options