Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What were/are you at school?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What were/are at school? Were/are you one of the cool, popular kids? One of the so called unpopular ones? The geek? The bully? The middle person who got on with everyone?

Put what you were/are.

To answer my own question:

Im kinda one of the middle people in my 6th form, im not cool/ really popular or a unpopular, geek etc, i get on with everyone and know people from both sides. Which is pretty gud :thumb: :) .
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Well, at high school I was pretty quiet, but I had alot of friends, got along with almost everyone.
    At 6th form, I'm just the same, get along with most people, but I'm not as quiet. :chin:
  • Options
    I was always pretty popular at school tbh. Not always a good thing...!
    I never actually went into college enough to get to know anyone.
  • Options
    Until 16 I was the geeky but likeable kid.

At sixth form I was the cocky alternative slacker with irritatingly good results

At uni I'm the witty but slightly scary slacker guy you don't really know very well.
  • Options
    at school i was one of the geeky kids that all the 'cool' scally kids kicked the shit out of. at college i was one of the ones who chats to anyone, and at uni i was the friend of a friend of a 'is she even still on this course?' type.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    scally kids

Bloody scally kids. With there fake burberry and hoodies.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Bloody scally kids. With there fake burberry and hoodies.

10 years too early for that, i'm afraid. ours had nafnaf bomber jackets and kickers platforms.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    ours had nafnaf bomber jackets and kickers platforms.

:lol::lol: What was there lingo like back then?
  • Options
    I wasn't popular at all, very quiet, a bit of loner infact.
  • Options
    I was surprisingly quite popular at school, as i wasn't exactly quiet but not loud either i was just there chatting to everyone! That's what i did in school chatted! :hyper:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I was a geeky type... who got fucked with until they went to far and then became the phsyo kid who people kept suspecting whould kill someone.

Now, I am the geeky phsyco weirdo who most folks get on with. But that is because most looser types don't go to college. College people tend to be mostly cool.
  • Options
    I've always been an inbetweeny. Came out of myself gradually, now I'm chatty and know quite a few people...quite nice :)

Malt xxx :)
  • Options
    I was actually quite popular in high school, but I couldn't wait to get out! All of my friends were backstabbers but super nice to my face. I only keep in touch with one person from high school now, I've realized that cliques are not important and I try to avoid them at all costs. Now that I'm in college I will talk to/be friends with anyone - I don't care what anyone thinks of me and I think I enjoy my life a lot more now.
  • Options
    well ask kermit, he will be able to confirm this

i know everyone, no joke, pretty much most people in durham i know
  • Options
    You're a popular bloke then I only know about 4 people :lol:.
  • Options
    well i met and made good friends with one of kermits friends, who we refer to as chewi, before i had even met kermit in real life, or knew that he knows chewi
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    10 years too early for that, i'm afraid. ours had nafnaf bomber jackets and kickers platforms.

Ah, that dress code brings back memories :lol:
  • Options
    Im my year at school i wasnt' one of the cool people but definatley not one of the weirdos either - all the cool people in my year were bitchy and very sporty and all the weirdos were only friends because they were weird they didnt' even really like each other. So i was inbetween, but i used to hang out with the cool people from the year below me (only outside of school though we never talked in school) who were all goths, punks or skater types.

Outside school i hung out with the cool, metal, skater, goth types (we kind of changed as we got older). You know how even within groups there is a kind of pecking order - and obv we are all still realy cool now 10 years on.
  • Options
    I had a close set of friends and tended to stick with them. I think people thought I was generally a complete swot since I always did my homework and always got good marks. I was the kind of kid people wanted in their group if you had to do a presentation or group coursework but not cool enough for them to hang out with at lunchtime. That suited me fine though since I had close friends anyway and academic popularity was the kind of thing that made me feel good.
  • Options
    I was a semi-half-inbetween 'geek' - didnt like sports much and always put work first. There were three groups in our school - The Jocks, The Norms and The Weirdos. I was most definately in the Norms. Had alot of friends and plenty of laughs - still have a few close freinds from School we are all at uni doing really well, with good few freinds while the jocks are working in McDonalds full-time for minimum wage [not that there is anything wrong with that]. The reason being that most of them dropped out of Uni because it was too difficult for them.

In uni there are no real groups per se, although there are groups of friends that hang about. I get on with most people and my confidence has rocketed since I started 1st year as a shy 11 year old. :)
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    well ask kermit, he will be able to confirm this

i know everyone, no joke, pretty much most people in durham i know
    Even Derek (aka. Dell), originally from Scotland ;)?

In answer to the thread's question, I was very unpopular at school. It was a horrible experience, though there were good parts, but once you reach 16 and people go their seperate directions popularity and groupings doesn't matter.

I'm now far happier than I've ever been.
  • Options
    I used to be really shy, i only came out of myself in high school. At one point i had a huge "gang" of friends, but because i was shy i was always susceptable. I was bullied most of my high school years, at home by my brother (who i now forgive) and at school by both boys and girls. Although i had loads of friends, non of them were "real" friends who'd risk sticking up for me. Some of them were even friends with my bullies! I stayed on for 6th form and although the first year was great and i had all my friends around me, by the 2nd year everyone had dropped out. I was completely alone, being bullied, feeling isolated and paranoid. If i'd had to stay there another year i'd have gone mad, it was starting to effect my mental health and i was feeling very depressed. Since i left school and started college, then uni i've found that although i still have a long list of friends i have one friend in particular who i trust more than anyone else. Now i know true quality friendship! It kills me knowing she's going to move away with her boyfriend, a man who i know doesnt treat her right and theres nothing i can do about it!!

In short who was i? Shy but friendly, popular, but bullied.
  • Options
    Varied really. In secondary school we had a pretty big group, and we weren't unpopular, but we weren't the popular ones who used so much hairspray if you threw a rock at them it would bounce off. I guess we were just normal people.

In sixth form, I had a small group of friends and stuck with them all the time.

At uni, at the moment I feel like I know lots of people, but don't have many I could call friends really. Hmm.
  • Options
    At school i suppose i was in the middle ground, had my group of friends. I was happy enough with that, plus one of my mates from primary school turned into the secondary school hard-nut. So know problems there then!

Work wise, nothing spectacular. Doing just enough to get by was my work ethic, Though i did take an interest in History and Social Science from Year 10+.

Now at uni i know plenty of people and have had a great time. I finish for good in May/June, though one worrying factor is i'm totally fucked off with the course and my work ethic still hasn't changed since school!

Choose you course wisely kids.
  • Options
    from 1-5 form i was a bit of a jock so i was really popular among that crowd...from 6-7 which i'm in now, i started hanging about with the alternative crowd so they all know me now so i'm pretty much a middle person...everyone in my year knows me and would say hello if i walked past them inthe corrider but i only have a few select crowd of mates as you'd call it...have never been bullied...i've always been a sorta cocky, outgoing fella like and i don't waer glasses or nothing like that so there's no reason to bully me...
  • Options
    i was the one that got picked on by the 'popular' ones. :(
  • Options
    At high school I was the nobody, wasn't even particularly picked on because people didn't notice me. Although I was picked on quite a few times anyway :p

At college, to start, I was one of the popular alternative people, because I quickly formed a group of people who didn't like townys and such and the group just grew. I still got picked on from time to time, but there you go.

Now in 6th form, I'm one people get on with but I keep to myself a lot and I'm not reputed as being hugely sociable, but there you go again.
  • Options
    Im still in highschool....I'm the freak type that everyone thinks is gonna put a spell on them or something. I have friends but they are all from two to six years older then me. I don't really know what I did to earn this imageat my school....but its what I'm stuck with I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Im still in highschool....I'm the freak type that everyone thinks is gonna put a spell on them or something. I have friends but they are all from two to six years older then me. I don't really know what I did to earn this imageat my school....but its what I'm stuck with I'm afraid.

well if your gothic and have an obession with the occult then maybe people sorta just assumed you are a witch...next time someone picks on you don't ignore it...just walk up and pretend to put a curse on them, then tell them to F off... :thumb:
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I wasn't popular at all, very quiet, a bit of loner infact.

same! i have a few close friends wo i stay with!
  • Options
    Just pretty normal, we had a big group of friends and got on with most people and all that.

And to be fair the 'popular' people were always some of the most unpopular people in the school, as in the only people that liked them were each other.