Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What were/are you at school?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think i only went to school to play hockey tbh! :D

nah... seriously ... i was quite quiet (- gosh! how times have changed :p )
    but i think it was a pretty fucked up time really.
  • Options
    I'm kind of inbetween. I go to an an all girls school :( so its probably far bitchier than most co-ed comps or whatever. There are like 200 people in my year...half of them are slappers, but the other half are mostly ok. I would at least smile at a lot of people in my year if I saw them in town or whatever. I'm not a geek, tbh as I'm at a grammar school there aren't really many people classified as "geeks" as everyone is around the same academic level, although there are a few...I often ask myself if things would be different if I had gone to a mixed school..? Who knows.
  • Options
    half of them are slappers

:lol: sounds great :thumb: :chin:
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    :lol: sounds great :thumb: :chin:

Lol...well it is for the boys school across the road.
  • Options
    Or for any lesbians your school may have...........
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    at school i was one of the geeky kids that all the 'cool' scally kids kicked the shit out of. at college i was one of the ones who chats to anyone,
    sounds like me tbh. Never was that popular at school. It was a typical council estate school and the popular kids tended to look just like Vikki Pollard - seriously. I was a bit of an indiekid and most of the time it was really uncool to be my friend. I survived it but I wouldnt say i came through it unscathed though.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    "What was I at school"... *sigh*

For the whole of it, I was someone that everyone would know, but I wouldn't call that popular. More like "well-known fool". I used to have a group of friends once, but they turned against me (except one) and from that moment on I somehow ended up being the "poor kid" that people had to be friendly to as not to scare him away (or so I think).
    Imagine someone being totally friendly to you, but obviously making fun of you by doing so... A weird kind of bullying, that. Not that this is what everyone did.
  • Options
    I was never the bullied, but I was never the popular one. Most people were probably largely ambivalent towards me- they picked on me with nobody else around, but I was never bullied the worst. I was tolerated rather than liked.

I was geeky but incredibly lazy, I think. probably to hide the geek, to tell the truth.
  • Options
    At school I was way too quiet for my own good. So was always seen as teachers pet cos I did my work, handed it in on time and generally never got into trouble. But I got bullied for it as well.

6th form I talked to everyone and knew everyone although my closest group of mates were the geeks, mainly due to me doing further maths for A-Level and being around them for half the week anyway in lessons.
  • Options
    I was a geek, I was very quiet at school and only had about 4 friends! Although I did talk to the 'popular people' occasionally, usually when they wanted something. :grump:

We had the whole bomber jacket and Kickers going on at my school :yeees:
  • Options
    I'm the one who never fitted in with anyone, mainly because I don't really have anything in common with people my age. And uring my years at primary/the beginning of seconday school, I was always the one who got picked on for whatever reason...
  • Options
    At primary school I was the geeky one. Always did homeowrk, always reading, always with full pencil case. Never kissed chased etc etc
    At college I was very popular in Perofmring Arts and most grils tried to follow my unique fashion sense. Was still really geeky and completed work on-time. Quite funny, when I think about it.
    At uni (now), im lazy, leave work to the last minute and don't try as hard as I did in college. Ive lost motivation.
  • Options
    I was an extremely quiet character, someone who got bullied very badly. It was physical bullying at the start - I remember going home when seven years old after the school bully had kicked me in the back pretty viciously using shoes with studs in them. Later, I got loads of verbal and mental bullying, which first gave me thoughts of killing myself. I was massively unpopular and didn't have a real friend. :crying:
  • Options
    Ok sorry people if i have brought back bad memories. Whoops.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Ok sorry people if i have brought back bad memories. Whoops.
    Don't worry, it's alright. You were asking a perfectly legitimate question, I just tried to answer as honestly as I could.
  • Options
    i was the quiet one that most people couldnt be bothered to notice..
  • Options
    I'm in year 13 at the moment and my year groups is one of those really rare ones where's theres about 2 "geeky" kids and 2 popular bitchy ones. Seriously. And the rest of us are all pretty much mates. Makes for awesome nights out and school parties I tell ye.
  • Options
    I got bullied for about 6 years it was awful at the time but I'd like to think it's made me a stronger and better person.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I got bullied for about 6 years it was awful at the time but I'd like to think it's made me a stronger and better person.
    I think that being bullied did change me a lot over the years. I'm not quite as shy as I was. Those who've known me all my life can testify about that. The only other experience which is really leaving its mark on my character is my depression.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I think that being bullied did change me a lot over the years. I'm not quite as shy as I was. Those who've known me all my life can testify about that. The only other experience which is really leaving its mark on my character is my depression.

here just be assertive...fuck what people think...you are who you are and no one is going to change that so just believe n yourself....
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    I used to be a follower/bandwagoner/pushover when I was very young.
    Then I got some guts and became more independent.
    At high-school I am currently seen as the girl who's always up for a laugh and going out - they even wrote that in my yearbook (yes, I have seen my own page already). I'd say I am pretty much respected within the circle of people I hang out with. Though I am always the one to get teased.
  • Options
    I was abit of a loner in skool, i had mates but not many.I kept my selve to my selve.In college i hanged about with a few mates and now im @ Uni i hang about with one girl cause there all so much older then me :naughty:
  • Options
    In primary I was a bit of a weirdo, but got on with most people, I was a bit of an eccentric i think.

In 1st year I truested no one and was quite sceptical of everything so I made quite a few enemies and was picked on until 3rd year where I started to get on with everybody and actually began to trust people. I hung around with the weirdos who were goths but I wasn't one myself. They all went a bit too weird for me and turned into complete backstabbing bastards so i left. Now I'm in 5th year I have a group of friends who are really the best ever. I get on with everyone now and this has definately been the best year yet. I now know what people mean when they say your school years are the best of your life.
  • Options
    I've got too disagree a bit with what people are saying about groups and pecking order disapearing at uni. When i went to portsmouth I found that the groups tend too dissapear and everyone gets along but theres still a bit of a popularity competition going on with some people being more respected and popular than others. Where i am now is the only place i've found where all that bullshit dies.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    here just be assertive...fuck what people think...you are who you are and no one is going to change that so just believe n yourself....
    I wish I'd learnt that earlier. :( Still, a case of better late than never for me.
  • Options
    I was one of these people who didn't have a set group of mates. I had the mates i smoked with, the mates i played football with, my mates in different lessons, etc etc. My school only had about 150 people but at some point i was in contact with em all. I like, knew everyone kinda thing which was cool. And i was the person everyone thought was failing, but then i came back and got the results without trying. Yeah, the kind of person all the study hard types hate :p

At college at the moment its kinda working out the same, i know a lot of people and don't really have one set group of mates. But thats probably partly to do with all my old mates from high school etc getting jobs, going to the army, different colleges, etc.
  • Options
    At school I wasn't really unpopular or a geek ... just weird! Hence why I clubbed together and hung around with the other outcast type weird people and we had our own group! But I got on with most people in my year - never got bullied which is suprising (as I was ugly, thin and wore glasses - oh and clever) and I somehow managed to go out with the most popular boy in my year...hehe.

In college I didn't really know anyone - as my mate was VERY popular so I was kinda known as "so and so's mate" which was a bit annoying.

In uni I dunno - I just kinda fit in and hang around with everyone?!?
  • Options
    at school i was quite loud and unique but i had loads of friends, whom ive lost touch with now..
    i loved it.. i miss those days now!! the teachers loved me not that i was a teachers pet just knew the right thins to say when i couldnt be bothered do do homwork.. made it up that i had a family thing lol they always beleived me!
  • Options
    Im quiet/shy but i dont have any enemies (none that i know of) and a few friends, im not a g33k (some people may think so) and i aint a bully, although i am big and strong, but if i wanted to i couuld kick everyone's ass's :P

so im a..

Big Friendly Giant Teddy Bear .... R-R-R-Meow :)