Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

a question on asylum seekrs specifically

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sure you have not just typed it out of your imagination. But the source is very important to assert the credibility of the piece.

For instance everyone knows that information coming from groups such as Migration Watch has to be taken with a rather large pinch of salt.
  • Options
    The link

:yuck:

More from "2 jags, 4 Homes" Prescott:
    Don't forget the mess we inherited in 1997:
    Boom bust economics.
    A £19 billion backlog of housing repairs.
    Over 2 million homes in the social sector failing to meet a decent standard.
    Capital spending on housing cut in half.
    House building at its lowest level for 70 years.
    More families in bed and breakfast.
    Over a million council houses sold off at knockdown prices, costing us billions in subsidy

And top it off with the Housing Minister, Sir George Young, with his infamous complaint about tripping over rough sleepers on his way from the opera.

That's the legacy we inherited.

:eek2:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    For instance everyone knows that information coming from groups such as Migration Watch has to be taken with a rather large pinch of salt.
    Its an independent body with no political connections so I don't take it with any pinch of salt!!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Its an independent body with no political connections so I don't take it with any pinch of salt!!

So something has to have political connections to have bias?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Migration Watch might not have political connections to any party but it is most certainly a group with an agenda to push- namely anti-immigration. I hope you're not denying this...
  • Options
    Its one of the few serious bodies that looks at these sensitive issues in an unbiased, non-political, factual manner. I have high regard for their findings and reports.
    Its a great pity that Labour don't take more notice of what they have to say.

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/frameset.asp?menu=whoweare&page=whoweare.asp
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Its one of the few serious bodies that looks at these sensitive issues in an unbiased, non-political, factual manner. I have high regard for their findings and reports.
    Its a great pity that Labour don't take more notice of what they have to say.

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/frameset.asp?menu=whoweare&page=whoweare.asp

So you keep saying

Barbara Roche on Migrationwatch:
    "We are in a new century of legal migration. Legal migration is a good thing economically, socially and culturally.

"Because there is insufficient debate about migration, we have a polarised debate between left and right and that means you get organisations like Migration Watch, which masquerades as an independent organisation but has an anti-immigration agenda. Migration Watch has been almost allowed to occupy this ground."

Ms Roche said the government should consider allowing a completely independent entity - organised on the lines of the Electoral Commission - to produce figures which might gain more general acceptance.

It doesn't help that their chief researcher is linked to the Eugenics Society/Galton Institure either........

Although I can see exactly why someone with Rich Kids politics would lap it up.....

:yes:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Migration Watch might not have political connections to any party but it is most certainly a group with an agenda to push- namely anti-immigration. I hope you're not denying this...
    They simply want, as most people in this country do, a balanced and controlled approach to migration. Perfectly reasonable stand to take, even Labour are beginning to come round to it.
    Its not the "bogeyman" you Lefties are trying to portray it as. You always need some target for your hatred of this country and its people, oh how I pity you!
  • Options
    "Unbiased", Rich Kid?

Yeah, about as unbiased as the Cuntinside Alliance is unbiased towards foxhunting... :rolleyes:

Though it's no surprising you "trust" them... seeing as it fits your agenda.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Now we all know that's not true don't we?