Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tesco posts unprecedented profits

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    society is truly blessed to have you as a member

Thought it didn't exist. Was I happy that the people who were providing me income could stay in business?

Yes of course i was. Now I have left i just don't give a shit because i know what to buy. And now you know you are being ripped off I take it you are off to Netto, or are you too spineless to be seen with those products?

Told Jocasta and Clarence yet?

What is your business anyway?
  • Options
    see for example on the way back home i realised we had no cucumber left, anyway i went in the 1st palce i saw, a local mini mart, and suprise suprise, it was cheaper than all the supermarkets.....
  • Options
    see for example on the way back home i realised we had no cucumber left, anyway i went in the 1st palce i saw, a local mini mart, and suprise suprise, it was cheaper than all the supermarkets.....
    If people didn't want to shop at Tesco, they'd shop at "a local mini mart".

Price isn't the only variable here.
  • Options
    I agree.
    Price isn't the only variable here

Take McDonalds. Their slogan should be "It's crap but you know what you are getting".
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    I agree.

Take McDonalds. Their slogan should be "It's crap but you know what you are getting".

yup i was at mcdonalds earlier
    however most peopel who support supermarkets think theyre cheap when they arent
  • Options
    I am not so sure, I think most people realise they could find the stuff they buy cheaer if they looked around, the issue is one of convenience and time saving...........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    I am not so sure, I think most people realise they could find the stuff they buy cheaer if they looked around, the issue is one of convenience and time saving...........

I agree completely.

You can find better quality food at cheaper prices, it just takes a little more effort. You know that if you go to somewhere like Tesco you're likely to be able to get pretty much everything you want.

There is a local butchers near me that sells meat that is infinitely better quality than anything you'll find in any supermarket. He is only marginally more expensive as well. It just takes a little bit more time and effort to shop around and find where you can get better quality food.