Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

why i'm voting labour.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As I was saying earlier to Rich Kid, I firmly believe that had the Tories refused to go down the hard right path but down the 'compassionate conservatism' route instead, they would have had a very good chance of winning.

I mean, it's not as if there are not enough people pissed off with poodle, warmongering Bliar.

But this nearly unprecedented level of xenophobia, prejudice and borderline racism and scaremongering is having the effect of changing the minds of many million Labour voters, who hate Bliar but cannot contemplate seeing such appalling, repulsive Tory lot get into government.
  • Options
    most of the problems in this country that the labour party have been trying to deal with are the very problems that 18yrs of tory ruin left us with.
    i've just been and offered my support in as practical a way as i can think of ...the sick the old and the lame ...those without transport in this very rural area...will be offered a lift to the polling booths by moi!

it scares me shitless that the economy could end up in the hands of letwin! his boss scares me even more.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    The reasons people are concerned about these issues is that they realise, unlike you, that there are some things seriously wrong with government policy on both matters.

Even though you are unable to provide any evidence to support these claims...
  • Options
    i wasn't going to bother at this election.
    but a protest stay at home or spoil the paper ...would ruin the progress that this country has made under new labour.
    not voting labour or voting for lib dems greens etc in protest at the war ...could and possibly would let the tories in.
    i want labour to continue ...despite blair.
    what has made me so sure?
    RICH KID. simple as that.
    can you imagine the state this country will end up in with twats like him in power ...twats who lie and deny the facts. twats who spread fear through incompetrence.

can you possibly imagine the damage that the incompetence of loony letwin replacing gordon brown would amount to?

micky howard scares me shitless!

thankyou rich kid ...you have got me off the fence ...i'll be voting labour.

well said!
  • Options
    Rich kid's not a real person though is he?
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Rich kid's not a real person though is he?
    have you been talking to klintok by any chance?
  • Options
    have you been talking to klintok by any chance?

I get that, that's very funny. :cool:

He must be a wind up though, right? Read his profile. A Kermit alias?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'm sure you will have seen the data someone posted earlier regarding public misconceptions about immigration. Much of the public believe the "problem" to be infinitely worse than it actually is. The situation is not helped by the constant lying and scaremongering from the right wing tabloid press and the odious Tories.
    That is just left-wing propaganda. The reason its top of most voters election agendas is because they know only too well that Labour haven't the faintest idea how to control our national borders and ensure that we only allow in those people we actually want!
    We live in dangerous times, when international terrorism is seeking to destroy democracy and western values, yet Labour have no credible effective policy to counter these threats at home.
    You have to sit up and take notice when the most senior Police officer in London declares that its not a question of if the terrorists will strike us but when!!!!
    Of course people like you are in denial, a bit like Labour really!! :)
  • Options
    ... you're a muppet. Could you for a change POST A SOURCE
  • Options
    assylum applications are down 70% on two years ago.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    ... you're a muppet. Could you for a change POST A SOURCE

The immigration importance claim is an Observer article from today. The rest is just scaremonger rhetoric.
  • Options
    Was talking to Rich Kid actually.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Was talking to Rich Kid actually.

I'm aware of that but an answer's an answer.
  • Options
    Not really, he needs to provide sources. If there aren't any, he needs to stop posting tripe. Someone else answering for him doesn't solve the problem.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I'm making a positive statement about the merits of controlled immigration and all you can do is be negative, please!

all the tory lovers who keep bringing that up, what the hell do you think we have now? uncontrolled immigration? give me a break, as i've said before i have a friend who works for NASS, and he assures me it is very tight............99% of asylum seekers get sent back because the rules are you're supposed to stay in the first country you're safe and because we're an island most people get here from europe e.g. france, so they get shipped back to the frenchies.......where my friend works he says the average number of granted asylum is around 1 in 500, that's a pretty controlled system i'd say............all this hubbub is just more tory bullshit........something this country is used to being lied by successive governments, lib dem won't win because it's the devil you don't know........maybe in 4 years who knows? i'm not voting for anyone, i just wish i was old enough to vote before they abolished student grants..........bastards, all the money spent on cruise missiles and nukes and they won't keep the country educated, where are our priorities?.......
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    We live in dangerous times, when international terrorism is seeking to destroy democracy and western values.

Fear...

Fear leads to Anger...

Anger leads to Hate...

Hate leads to the Dark Side.
    the most senior Police officer in London declares that its not a question of if the terrorists will strike us but when!!!!

Well, duh!

It's not a case of if you will crash you car, but when. In fact you can apply the same logic to any potential outcome because statistically there is always a chance of any outcome, given the right set of circumstances.

In fact if you want to play party politics with terrorism, something which I personally find repulsive, it would be possible to point out that the number of attacks on this country has reduced since Labour came to power. :p
  • Options
    Originally Posted by Rich Kid
    We live in dangerous times, when international terrorism is seeking to destroy democracy and western values.

we are living in the most prosperous times i have ever known so they aint doing a very good job at terrorising us are they.
  • Options
    I love the idea of the Tories 'securing our borders' this is totally and absolutely impossible.

We have thousands of miles of coast line, millions of ships coming and going all the time, how many customs officers are they going to have? A million?
  • Options
    Originally Posted by Rich Kid

we are living in the most prosperous times i have ever known so they aint doing a very good job at terrorising us are they.
    You may live in denial but I, like many others, take note when the Commissioner of Police in London issues a warning like that!

I can imagine you still don't believe 9/11 happened!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    You may live in denial but I, like many others, take note when the Commissioner of Police in London issues a warning like that!

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Pah. The threat of terror is trivial. It won't kill me and I don't even begin to fear it.
  • Options

Yeah. I just don't think you can stop those who don't obey the law by making new laws, myself.

As for who actually did the two towers attack it's still not been proven who was responsible. It might have been the Home office for all anyone knows.

He's paid for by the "government" he says what they tell him to. It's meaningless. Look at the facts -

Dozens of people have got into or close enough to blow up the locations of "important" people in london. No attacks have happened. You can get into buck palace with a stepladder for fucks sake. If a suicide bomber really wanted to cause mischief in London it would have happened already.

No attacks = no threat to us. Hundreds of arrests and no convictions = no threat to us. Simple really.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Pah. The threat of terror is trivial. It won't kill me and I don't even begin to fear it.
    I prefer to live in the real world unlike you and others!

I suppose you have a conspiracvy theory on 9/11? Oh do share it with us - yawn!!!
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    We have thousands of miles of coast line, millions of ships coming and going all the time, how many customs officers are they going to have? A million?

I've no idea how they do it, but customs seem to have a pretty good idea of all of the boats coming in and out of Britain. I've sailed across the channel a number of times and it's nigh-on impossible to sneak in...we tried to do it under cover of darkness with no radio contact one time and ended up with some kind of customs stealth-boat sneaking up on us...
  • Options
    Radar etc. Stuff still gets through of course or we would have no drug "problem".

http://www.caithness.org/boats/valiant/
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Radar etc. Stuff still gets through of course or we would have no drug "problem".[/url]

I know 'radar' but all they're seeing is a screen with a bunch of blips on it. If you radio in who you are then you don't get bothered, so they must place you when you radio in and if you don't, they mark you up somehow.

Apparently stuff doesn't normally come straight to shore when it's smuggled. It's often ditched over the side with a buoy and then picked up later by smaller boats out on a "day-trip" and thus not bothered by customs....

Slightly off topic though...
  • Options
    I've no idea how they do it, but customs seem to have a pretty good idea of all of the boats coming in and out of Britain. I've sailed across the channel a number of times and it's nigh-on impossible to sneak in...we tried to do it under cover of darkness with no radio contact one time and ended up with some kind of customs stealth-boat sneaking up on us...

Yes, they may well do, but searching all that cargo would totally cripple our economy.

If you want a good example of what tight borders do I give you the example of when the US shut down the Mexican one, massive ques, huge problems and still just as many drugs and illegal immigrants.