Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why i'm voting labour.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "Only around 30 per cent of asylum applications result in permission to stay in Britain"
    But how many of the other 70% actually get deported or leave?????
  • Options
    Enough of them.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Enough of them.
    Whats enough?
  • Options
    Even one is more than enough. Considering that in many cases we're sending people back to an almost certain death.

One dreads to think what sort of percentage of asylums would be rejected under the racist Tories. My guess is a figure between 98% and 100%.

This country needs immigration. Unless there is a very good reason to expel someone they should be allowed to stay.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Even one is more than enough. Considering that in many cases we're sending people back to an almost certain death.
    How do you know that? Please provide the evidence.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with immigration. We get a more diverse population and a more diverse culture enriching everyones lives.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with immigration. We get a more diverse population and a more diverse culture enriching everyones lives.
    There is nothing wrong with immigration as long as its controlled, unlike the present shambolic situation.
    Immigration enriches our country and I've always been greatly impressed by our Asian friends who've come here and been successful. They could teach the indigenous population a thing or two about family values, helping each other, and getting on through education. They have been hard-working and industrious, not forever scrounging off the state, and have provided a shining example of how immigrants can add so much to our society.
  • Options
    What benefits?

What scrounging?

All myths and lies.
  • Options
    Lamp boy, I'm making a positive statement about the merits of controlled immigration and all you can do is be negative, please!
  • Options
    LOL

Immigrants should be kept out AND they are harder working than the indigenous population?.....your billygoats are showing.........
  • Options
    I severly doubt the majority of immigrants stay on benefits for very long and "scrounge".
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Lamp boy, I'm making a positive statement about the merits of controlled immigration and all you can do is be negative, please!
    "Rich Kid", you like many others of your ilk are being selectively prejudiced. A very old and tired tactic.

I look forward to you saying "Some of my best friends are black/immigrants/delete as appropriate" next.
  • Options
    yeah. I bet he likes black people with pots of cash and not "common" ones.....and so forth.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    "Rich Kid", you like many others of your ilk are being selectively prejudiced. A very old and tired tactic.

I look forward to you saying "Some of my best friends are black/immigrants/delete as appropriate" next.
    I find your comments pathetic! I have many friends, and indeed I employ a number of people, who are immigranst, and fine people they are too. Incidentally, many support the idea of controlled immigration!

I must add something that nearly made me drop my croissant!

Phoney Blair has pulled another fast one! He's changing the rules regarding postal voting due to concerns over fraud, mainly in inner city Labour wards, but wait, here's the good bit - he's not changing it until after the election!!!!!
    Nice one Phoney 10/10!!!!!
  • Options
    Feed the troll
    Let him know it's election time
    Feed the troll
    Or we could all just let this die?
  • Options
    please remember this ...protest votes may well let howard in.

those of us who are reasonably comfortable will get by but ...those at the bottom of the pile will be infinetly worse off.
    our comfortable protest votes could seriously damage the lives of struggling families ...the old the sick etc.
    house rposessions all over again ...mass unemployment ...the removal of the minmum wage ...family tax credits ...nursery education etc etc etc etc.
  • Options
    please remember this ...protest votes may well let howard in.

those of us who are reasonably comfortable will get by but ...those at the bottom of the pile will be infinetly worse off.
    our comfortable protest votes could seriously damage the lives of struggling families ...the old the sick etc.
    house rposessions all over again ...mass unemployment ...the removal of the minmum wage ...family tax credits ...nursery education etc etc etc etc.

We have a democratic system with more than 2 parties. What would you consider a protest vote? No-one with a memory and sense of social responsibility wants to see the Tories back in power but I'll not be scared into handing over my democratic voice to those who gain control through paranoia.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    No-one with a memory and sense of social responsibility wants to see the Tories back in power
    Its got to be the more sensible choice after all who wants Phoney back?????
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Its got to be the more sensible choice after all who wants Phoney back?????

I don't have a private pension, private healthcare, 8 houses and sweatshop to run. At some point I'll use public services. Hence I'm not a Michael Howard target voter.
  • Options
    Rich Kid must take a lot of pride in the fact his presence has got people out to vote. He is obviously a credit to himself if his political opinions are strong enough to get others off thier arse and to the ballot box.

Ill be voting tory, I honestly think Michael Howard could make a very very good leader.
  • Options
    This thread is full of moronic comments from both sides. To say that the Tories are racist is bullshit, to say that Labour have allwoed immigrants to swamp the UK is bullshit.

I for one am voting Tory for the most important reason of all : To safeguard British democracy.
  • Options
    I too will vote Tory just to get rid of Phoney and defend democracy!
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    Rich Kid must take a lot of pride in the fact his presence has got people out to vote. He is obviously a credit to himself if his political opinions are strong enough to get others off thier arse and to the ballot box.

Ill be voting tory, I honestly think Michael Howard could make a very very good leader.

Maybe you'll get to build some of our new prisons? And maybe when the economy faulters or you have to find the money to pay for private healthcare and schooling for your kids because he's stripped the public services of anything good to make profit for the few that'll soften the blow?
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Maybe you'll get to build some of our new prisons? And maybe when the economy faulters or you have to find the money to pay for private healthcare and schooling for your kids because he's stripped the public services of anything good to make profit for the few that'll soften the blow?
    Don't be such a drama queen ginner!!!!! Really, you should know better than raising all sorts of rumours and falsehoods.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Don't be such a drama queen ginner!!!!! Really, you should know better than raising all sorts of rumours and falsehoods.

It'll be alright for you. You can afford to be ignorant of everyone elses' problems.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    LOL!

Do you mean like the rumours and falsehoods regarding immigration and the state of the NHS you've been peddling non-stop?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Do you mean like the rumours and falsehoods regarding immigration and the state of the NHS you've been peddling non-stop?
    The reasons people are concerned about these issues is that they realise, unlike you, that there are some things seriously wrong with government policy on both matters. You may be in denial, other more sensible folk aren't!
  • Options
    I'm sure you will have seen the data someone posted earlier regarding public misconceptions about immigration. Much of the public believe the "problem" to be infinitely worse than it actually is. The situation is not helped by the constant lying and scaremongering from the right wing tabloid press and the odious Tories.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'm sure you will have seen the data someone posted earlier regarding public misconceptions about immigration. Much of the public believe the "problem" to be infinitely worse than it actually is. The situation is not helped by the constant lying and scaremongering from the right wing tabloid press and the odious Tories.

You can understand why they do it though. I mean, what else have they got? They're going for the Republican selfish and/or stupid voter recruitment policy.