Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why i'm voting labour.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i wasn't going to bother at this election.
but a protest stay at home or spoil the paper ...would ruin the progress that this country has made under new labour.
not voting labour or voting for lib dems greens etc in protest at the war ...could and possibly would let the tories in.
i want labour to continue ...despite blair.
what has made me so sure?
RICH KID. simple as that.
can you imagine the state this country will end up in with twats like him in power ...twats who lie and deny the facts. twats who spread fear through incompetrence.

can you possibly imagine the damage that the incompetence of loony letwin replacing gordon brown would amount to?

micky howard scares me shitless!

thankyou rich kid ...you have got me off the fence ...i'll be voting labour.

Comments

• Options
    i wasn't going to bother at this election.
    but a protest stay at home or spoil the paper ...would ruin the progress that this country has made under new labour.
    not voting labour or voting for lib dems greens etc in protest at the war ...could and possibly would let the tories in.
    i want labour to continue ...despite blair.
    what has made me so sure?
    RICH KID. simple as that.
    can you imagine the state this country will end up in with twats like him in power ...twats who lie and deny the facts. twats who spread fear through incompetrence.

can you possibly imagine the damage that the incompetence of loony letwin replacing gordon brown would amount to?

micky howard scares me shitless!

thankyou rich kid ...you have got me off the fence ...i'll be voting labour.
    me too mate!.....i remember the shite old days!
  • Options
    Neither of you surprise me, most people on this forum I'm sure will vote for Phoney Blair's party because you're all spin merchants with very little in the way of principles!
  • Options
    On the contrary Rich Kid. Many will vote Labour because even they don't like Blair, they cannot entertain the possibility of the most disgusting, racist, xenophobic and bigoted Conservative Party since the darkest days of Enoch Powell actually getting into power.

You might as well vote BNP.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    On the contrary Rich Kid. Many will vote Labour because even they don't like Blair, they cannot entertain the possibility of the most disgusting, racist, xenophobic and bigoted Conservative Party since the darkest days of Enoch Powell actually getting into power.
    So despite taking us into an illegal war on the basis of lies & spin - costing the lives of British servicemen & women - and your dislike of him, you're vote for Phoney Blair! Amazing!
    Your comments about Michael Howard are untrue and uncharitable but coming from you they're what I'd expect.
    You might as well vote BNP.
    There again a misrepresentation of my views, tryin g to imply I'm something I'm not!
    I've already stated on this forum that I detest the Nazi BNP, its racist policies and the knuckle heads who support it, so please refrain from your crude innuendo.
  • Options
    A war that the conservatives supported...
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    So despite taking us into an illegal war on the basis of lies & spin - costing the lives of British servicemen & women - and your dislike of him, you're vote for Phoney Blair! Amazing!
    Where the Tories against the war then?
    Your comments about Michael Howard are untrue and uncharitable but coming from you they're what I'd expect.
    Michael Howard is a hypocritical scaremongering prejudiced bigot. And the policies of the Cuntservative Party for this election are xenophobic, ultra right wing and racist.

Fact.

End of.

There again a misrepresentation of my views, tryin g to imply I'm something I'm not!
    I've already stated on this forum that I detest the Nazi BNP, its racist policies and the knuckle heads who support it, so please refrain from your crude innuendo.
    Er... I wasn't referring to you "Rich Kid". I was saying that at the moment there is not a lot of difference between voting Tory and voting BNP... So one might as well vote BNP. At least they're open about their views.
  • Options
    It is difficult to argue with Labours record, they have made big improvements, the war I could forgive, maybe they didnt realise the information was dodgy, though I really think they did.

It is their totally callous view of any civil rights we might or might not have here, any government which brings in internment deserves to be hounded out of office.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Where the Tories against the war then?
    We all believed Phoney's lies to begin with, we didn't appreciate the depths he would sink to in order to get his way. The death of Dr Kelly, the deaths of British service personnel, lying to the British people, didn't stop him from embarking on this disasterous war!
    Michael Howard is a hypocritical scaremongering prejudiced bigot. And the policies of the Cuntservative Party for this election are xenophobic, ultra right wing and racist.
    A cheap comment only worthy of you lamp boy! Wrap all the falsehoods up in one neat package despite their inaccuracy, a typical tactic of your kind.
    Er... I wasn't referring to you "Rich Kid". I was saying that at the moment there is not a lot of difference between voting Tory and voting BNP... So one might as well vote BNP. At least they're open about their views.
    Comparing a democratic party like the Conservatives with the fascist rag-bag BNP is totally inappropriate and false, as well you know, but again its all part of the cheap tactics you and your kind employ!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    A cheap comment only worthy of you lamp boy! Wrap all the falsehoods up in one neat package despite their inaccuracy, a typical tactic of your kind.

No-one could accuse you of such tactics could they Rich Kid?

:eek2:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Comparing a democratic party like the Conservatives with the fascist rag-bag BNP is totally inappropriate and false, as well you know, but again its all part of the cheap tactics you and your kind employ!

They are both completely legitimate democratic parties.
  • Options
    No-one could accuse you of such tactics could they Rich Kid?:eek2:
    I'm glad you recognise the openness and honesty of my comments 3thepeeps.
  • Options
    I agree that Michael Howard and the Conservatives would be disasterous for Britain. I'll be voting Lib Dem though. You still have choice, if you don't fear the bogeyman.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I'm glad you recognise the openness and honesty of my comments 3thepeeps.

I'm not surprised that you fail to recognise the sarcasm in mine ......

:)
  • Options
    I'm not surprised that you fail to recognise the sarcasm in mine ......:)
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Didn't I notice it??????? ;)
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    We all believed Phoney's lies to begin with, we didn't appreciate the depths he would sink to in order to get his way. The death of Dr Kelly, the deaths of British service personnel, lying to the British people, didn't stop him from embarking on this disasterous war!
    It's no surprise the death of Dr Kelly didn't stop the government from going to war... given as he died AFTER the war took place.

The fact is the Tories haven't said No to the Americans once in their entire existence. If you think for a second that the Tories would have refused to comply with Dubya you're far more deluded than I'd thought. The only disgrace here was to see Tony Blair exactly in the same way as the Tories would have done, and suck up to right wing American governments just as the Tories have done all their lives.

The truth. It hurts, does it not?

Let's see...

Howard: immigration is out of control and must be restricted
    BNP: immigration is out of control and must be restricted

Howard: immigrants are disease-ridden
    BNP: immigrants are disease-ridden

Howard: We'll jail asylum seekers while we process their applications
    BNP: We'll deport asylum seekers

Howard: Gypsies are a problem
    BNP: Gypsies (and other non-whites) are a problem

It looks uncomfortably close to me...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    It's no surprise the death of Dr Kelly didn't stop the government from going to war... given as he died AFTER the war took place.
    Dr kelly died as a direct result of the pressure that Phoney's government put on this honest man - there is blood on Phoney's hands!
    The fact is the Tories haven't said No to the Americans once in their entire existence. If you think for a second that the Tories would have refused to comply with Dubya you're far more deluded than I'd thought. The only disgrace here was to see Tony Blair exactly in the same way as the Tories would have done, and suck up to right wing American governments just as the Tories have done all their lives.
    Whatever the Tories may or may not have done is not the question!
    Phoney Blair conjured up a false dossier, parts of which even fooled the Americans!!!!! He was an instigator of the war, not just someone who happened to follow along, he wanted war, I think he saw himself as a strong war leader in the mould of Churchill! He has delusions about himself that I find increasingly worrying!
    The truth. It hurts, does it not?
    It would if it was true!

Let's see...

Labour: No problem we don't care who comes in, terrorists, mafia, we can't be bothered checking!

Labour: Let the AID's & TB population of the world come here to use our NHS, we can always push our old & infirm out, leave our cancer patients waiting another couple of years, cancel children's operations ....

Labour: Let them all come, we can always take over 4star hotels whilst we build millions of new homes over the greenfields of Britain ...

Labour: Gypsies should be allowed to buy whatever land they want and build what they want, we love gypsies, they honest decent hard-working folk who contribute so much to society.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Let's see...

Labour: No problem we don't care who comes in, terrorists, mafia, we can't be bothered checking!

Labour: Let the AID's & TB population of the world come here to use our NHS, we can always push our old & infirm out, leave our cancer patients waiting another couple of years, cancel children's operations ....

Labour: Let them all come, we can always take over 4star hotels whilst we build millions of new homes over the greenfields of Britain ...

Labour: Gypsies should be allowed to buy whatever land they want and build what they want, we love gypsies, they honest decent hard-working folk who contribute so much to society.

So you can see the obvious link between the BNP and the Conservatives then?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Let's see...

Rich Kid wrote:

Can you find us some labour literature to back up these claims please.

Thanks a lot.

And if you could remind us all what you mean by "your kind", that would be most helpful.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Dr kelly died as a direct result of the pressure that Phoney's government put on this honest man - there is blood on Phoney's hands!

Whatever the Tories may or may not have done is not the question!
    Phoney Blair conjured up a false dossier, parts of which even fooled the Americans!!!!! He was an instigator of the war, not just someone who happened to follow along, he wanted war, I think he saw himself as a strong war leader in the mould of Churchill! He has delusions about himself that I find increasingly worrying!
    And if the Tories had not chosen to move to the far right, Labour would have been history. For the very reasons you are mentioning here.

But the fact is that many people I know who were saying 'no way I'm going to vote for that warmongering scumbag again' are reconsidering their votes, because the alternative is inifintely worse. No one wants to vote for a party with openly racist policies.

Michael Howard and his far right chums and ideas will be the only ones to blame for theTories' defeat. All they needed to know is to show a bit of human decency. Instead they are making themselves look far worse than Tony Blair and everything he's done.

It would if it was true!

Let's see...

LOL
    Are you on ket?
    Don't forget the sports car, stock portfolio and the 60ft Sunseeker they get. It's an outrage I tell ya!
    Case closed. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Can you find us some labour literature to back up these claims please.

Thanks a lot.
    You know Labour policy so I'm not going to do your work for you.
    I would however say that its David Blunkett who said "he hadn't a clue as to who was coming into the country" and was not concerned with numbers, and 2-Jags John Prescott who gave the "green light" to gypsies!
    And if you could remind us all what you mean by "your kind", that would be most helpful.:thumb:
    If you don't know I'm not going to tell you!
  • Options
    I think it's pretty simple -

They are ALL shite but the tories are worse than labour.

Howard - Charisma bypass performed sometime in his 20's, Authoritarian and a terrible record on civil rights. Party will line up behind him if they think theres a few quid in it for them and theirs. Will be fucked off the second he fails for some other chinless wonder with cash where their head should be.

Blair - Has charisma but moral bypass performed sometime in his 20's. Authoritarian and a terrible record on civil rights. Party will line up behind him because they think they can't win elections without him and will do things they think are wrong but will hand wring instead of act. Might as well be a dictatorship.

Kennedy - Pissed up and has no chance anyway.

I will be spoiling my paper as usual but would rather have the left foot on my head than the right one.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I would however say that its David Blunkett who said "he hadn't a clue as to who was coming into the country" and was not concerned with numbers, and 2-Jags John Prescott who gave the "green light" to gypsies!

Sources for those two "facts" please.

BTW Labour's immigration policy is nothing like you claimed it was. Why is that?

:confused:
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Kennedy - Pissed up and has no chance anyway.

Nice, and completely wrong. Kennedy may well have drunk too much in the past but has been sober for ages.
  • Options
    Churchill drank way too much as well and was known to be drunk on more than one occassion. Not sure it's a major problem. Kennedy, like Churchill, has not let his drinking interfere with his duties.
  • Options
    If you didn't read both in the papers then tough! It was widely publicised!
    BTW Labour's immigration policy is nothing like you claimed it was. Why is that?
    You've made the classic mistake if I may say so! Don't read what Labour say they'll do, look at what they actually do - the two are completely divorced!
  • Options
    No not tough. Everyone can start to provide some evidence for what they are saying or I'm going to start deleting posts.
  • Options
    Geddin!

Lets have some evidence for the existence of "countries" then. :p
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    If you didn't read both in the papers then tough! It was widely publicised!

You've made the classic mistake if I may say so! Don't read what Labour say they'll do, look at what they actually do - the two are completely divorced!

I'm aware that Blunkett said he hadn't a clue as to the number of "illegal immigrants" - I'm looking for the source on the second part of your claim ie that he is not concerned with numbers.

Please provide it. It is, after all, your claim.

Secondly, what is this "green light" that Prescott gave to Gypsies? You just spam us with 50+ posts a day and then refuse to back your "facts" up - perhaps you should slow down and source your posts more.

I need to point out that you appear to be an even more unreliable source for Labours policies than Labour itself.
  • Options

"Only around 30 per cent of asylum applications result in permission to stay in Britain"

i dont like that part though, its nothing to brag about in how you turn people away for getting refugee status, obviously i know people get turned down but trying to brag aobut it means that, theres a chance people are being turned away even if they have a good reason to be here ie escaping tyranny and coming to their former imperial power for help
  • Options
    Yes, I know. In the same week that there was an uproar about the uk playing cricket with Zimbabwe, we started deporting members of the MDC back to Zimbabwe. We have children incarcerated in racist hellholes for the mere crime of seeking safety, we have seen the imposition of changes to benefits by Labour that leaves those whose applications fail liable to destitution.

And yet, despite all this this, we have a troll who insists that Labour has flung open the doors and invited billions in, so that they can steal our jobs, homes and women.

Are you thinking what i'm thinking?