Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How Young is Too Young?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the age of consent for sex is fine as it is. Most people who have sex at 16 aren't ready anyway, and people will always break the law and go a year or two underage for the hell of it anyway. Imagine if they dropped the age to 13, you'd probably have 11 year olds at it :yuck:
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    So you're saying their both children? How does that make it better?

Girls under 16 can be very child like and need protecting from themselves, from others who are equally naive and from those who know the meaning of their actions but lack morality. That's why we have a law. Isn't it?

An 18 year old going with a 15 year old isn't that bad, if their going to have sex under 16 then just hope it's with someone in their age range and not your middle aged married next door neighbour. What ever I say, you say or the law says, people are still going to have sex underage regardless of them being child like. If their determined to do it they will.
  • Options
    lol hehe well ok...
    My girlfriend is 15, im 15 ( yesterday lol ).
    We have not actually gone all the way to full sex yet, but we do have oral and foreplay, that kinda stuff. But we both have agreed that we probably wont last untill 16... and to be honest law hasnt even bothered either of us we just dont think of it... I personally think 15 is okay as long as its not a fling ( just wrong ) and with someone you love. 14 maybe pushing it a bit... 13, no. maybe they could make it legal at 15 but make it illegal to do it un protected until 16... most people dont give a damn about the law these days though... and also I dont think a 15 year old and a 20 year old (or older) should be doing it o_O it should deffinatly be around your age if your doing it young. Just my opinion okay? :yes: :)
  • Options
    Firstly I'd like to say that I'm completely aware that it is the law that says sex under the age of 16 is illegal.

However in reality, considering that the penalties for breaking this law are relativly unserious for similar aged consenting partners it acts more as a guideline and lets face it, between consenting under 16s the law hardly comes in to it, as nobody has to know.

The law is there to protect children from abuse by adults and it is much easier to prosecute somebody for having sex with a minor then it is to prosecute somebody for having sex with another without their consent, as willingness is harder to prove than age. Therfore I entirely agree with the 'age of consent' law and think that 16 is old enough to accomodate most people's maturity.
  • Options
    I HAD SEX WEN I WAS 10 BUT I WASNT THE 1ST MY FRIEND HAD ALREADY DONEIT WITH HER BOYFRIEND AND SHE WAS 9 BUT CAUSE WE WERE ALLOWED TO WEAR ANY THING TO SCHOOL THE DAY I HAD SEX I FORGOT TO PUT A SKIRT ON SO I WENT TO SCHOOL IN MYTHONG SOM GUY PIKED ME UP AND THERE WE GO :love:
  • Options
    hotty555 wrote:
    I HAD SEX WEN I WAS 10 BUT I WASNT THE 1ST MY FRIEND HAD ALREADY DONEIT WITH HER BOYFRIEND AND SHE WAS 9 BUT CAUSE WE WERE ALLOWED TO WEAR ANY THING TO SCHOOL THE DAY I HAD SEX I FORGOT TO PUT A SKIRT ON SO I WENT TO SCHOOL IN MYTHONG SOM GUY PIKED ME UP AND THERE WE GO :love:

right. ok then. if you say so..........
  • Options
    how old are you? if you began your relationship at 15 with your fella an became very attracted to him got very confortable around him, but two months before turning 16 you did it BECAUSE you both felt ready .. would you look at him in discust seeing as you are ' under age '. Its exactly like alcahol - more 17 year olds can handle more ale of theirs than actually 20 year olds.

Oh and by the way, minging! please! use some decent words before writing SHIT like tha fucking dope leave the lad alone if he and his gf feel comfortable at their age then so be it - they will suffer for their consequences. Also, "my lil sisters even contemplating sex it creeps me out" by using the word 'lil' in your sentance signifies your perspective of them so you still think in your mind they are too mature - this lads gf may be 15 but be alot more mature than you. In future please analyse things before you make your comments - when people dont their advice becomes ' minging! '

What the fuck are you on about? I did meet a guy at 15, fall in love, and shag him 2 months before i was 16. But then he was only 3 months older than me so it made no difference. Oh and fyi I wasnt ready i was pressured. I do personally think its wrong for a 17 year old to go out with a 15 year old. I mean when I was 15 the 15 year old guys only thought about kissing and fingering. 17 year old have sex on the mind and fingering really is minor.

Why is it wrong to say that i think my lil sisters having sex is minging? It is!! They are 15 and 12 and all they talk to me about now is how they can go about saying no and waiting till thier older cos of all the pressure they have to do it. One of my lil sis's wants to go out with a 15 year old, we wont let her cos she's only 12 and is very impressionable.

I have thought about this alot so you can shut up. My comment was on the age limit and where I thought it should be. ya know the original point of the thread. I couldnt give a flying fuck about this man who's banging a 15 year old.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Yer, very trudat.
  • Options
    should have a test on your mentality as to be far age is a number and doesnt really hold any relevance of a person. If you havnt hit puberty and dont have the mentality to deal with such things you shouldnt be allowed. I know people who are 14 and i think are more mature then friends i have who are 22
    .matt
  • Options
    also having read some of the replies i think a lot of people my age 21 will agree that once ya leave school (to go college/work) between the ages of 16 and 18 you grow up a tremendous amount and the reason a lot of older people get involved with younger ones is you learn how to manipulate people you can make them think what you want to. This is why i believe its well out of order for a 40yr old to go out with a 16yr old (yes that is hypocritical of my last statement) basically from my two comments im saying its all about life experiance not just age
    .matt
  • Options
    In Belgium its 14. But there can only be a 2 year age difference, so a 14 year old can only sleep with a 12 to 16 year old.
  • Options
    rossco wrote:
    i sincerely hope you never have children as you dont sound mature enough to bring up a goldfish tbh

back on topic i think it should be more the 17 mark personally as i think 16 is a bit too young
    by the way, ive had my 3goldfish for nearly four years now :p
  • Options
    I also realised how much you grow up in those 2-3 years from leaving school.

i was beggining to think i was the only one that thought this
    .matt