Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How Young is Too Young?

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Though I totally understand the reasons for restricting the age one can have sex in, but at the same time at some level it kinda seems wrong to me that there are laws limiting a natural function of the body...
    (Before anyone attacks, a 20 y.o. with a 14 y.o. is one thing, two 14 y.o.s is another. Some people seem to confuse the two matters.)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry, but what sort of sick fuck would want sex with a child?
  • Options
    Define child.

I don't think 15 is childish if the partner is 17 or 18, because the 17/18 yo is childish too. If the 15yo was being porked by a 45 yo then it'd be wrong.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Define child.

I don't think 15 is childish if the partner is 17 or 18, because the 17/18 yo is childish too. If the 15yo was being porked by a 45 yo then it'd be wrong.

I disagree, people mature a lot between the ages of 15 and 18, 18 is no longer childlike. The 18 year old is in a position where they can exert power and influence on the 15 year old who is still very impressionable. Hence I believe an 18 year old and a 15 year old is wrong.

And yes two 14 year olds would also be wrong, in a different way, children should be allowed to be children, I'd fight to preserve it.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    they are not too far apart age wise and maybe they love each other. Having said this if that's the case then they wont mind waiting...

That would be the ideal in their situation, yes.
  • Options
    Perverted? I love her and she's sexually mature, mentally and physically, what more is there to say, at 16 you expect her to do a cinderella and become a fucking woman when the clock hits 12? get outa here, fuckin idiot.

No, but then I still think 16 is a child. I'd prefer to see more people waiting until they were 18 to have sex.

Raw nerve?
  • Options
    what age do you call someone a child?

and what if were two 14 yr olds?

don't get me wrong, i think the age should stand at 16.
    I think you're an adult at 18-19... But I think 16 is a good age to keep it at because the girl's body is a little bit more developed at 16.
  • Options
    1 of my friends has been doing it since she was 13. I think 16 is about right.....as long as it's for the right reasons. I'm 15 and I'm deffinatly waiting, you don't really know what it's about when you're younger - i've heard girls talking about sleeping with guys to get back at someone......who are like 14/15 I mean c'mon....
  • Options
    good on you girl :thumb:

Yes, a very mature and responsible attitude that should be admired. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Yes, a very mature and responsible attitude that should be admired. Keep up the good work!

hehe thanx!!! :D
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    I think the age limit is fine as it is. When I think about my lil sisters even contemplating sex it creeps me out. They are far to young!! Their 12 and 15 and its minging!
    how old are you? if you began your relationship at 15 with your fella an became very attracted to him got very confortable around him, but two months before turning 16 you did it BECAUSE you both felt ready .. would you look at him in discust seeing as you are ' under age '. Its exactly like alcahol - more 17 year olds can handle more ale of theirs than actually 20 year olds.

Oh and by the way, minging! please! use some decent words before writing SHIT like tha fucking dope leave the lad alone if he and his gf feel comfortable at their age then so be it - they will suffer for their consequences. Also, "my lil sisters even contemplating sex it creeps me out" by using the word 'lil' in your sentance signifies your perspective of them so you still think in your mind they are too mature - this lads gf may be 15 but be alot more mature than you. In future please analyse things before you make your comments - when people dont their advice becomes ' minging! '
  • Options
    **edited out - offensive and abusive post**
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    1 of my friends has been doing it since she was 13. I think 16 is about right.....as long as it's for the right reasons. I'm 15 and I'm deffinatly waiting, you don't really know what it's about when you're younger - i've heard girls talking about sleeping with guys to get back at someone......who are like 14/15 I mean c'mon....
    yeah good on you but then again them girls wernt in love was they no so ..
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    keep up the good work because we all want to be nuns dont we now people :angel: ginner i think your probably so against this matt lad because you havnt had the chance - i could be wrong but then again im sure you will reply saying you have - but hey no matter how much you lie the truth will always hurt

your display pic ezplains it all - a gunie pig ( not assd because i spelt it wrong im just not interested in wasting my life like moaners like you)
  • Options
    noone if it was to be as fucking thick and ugly as you ya cunt

There was no need for that remark.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    There was no need for that remark.
    i think there was - didn't you notice how many swear words he actually used in his an claimed whoever has sex with a child would be ' a sick fuck '
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    I disagree, people mature a lot between the ages of 15 and 18, 18 is no longer childlike.

Oh, it is. You don't realise it when you're 18 though. It's more mature than 15, but not as much as 18-year-olds want to think.

I just want to pat the freshers on the head, they're only bairns.
    i think

No you don't.

Shut up and piss off if you're not going to be nice. Or at least come up with an original insult.

And if you're going to try and claim that your boyfriend isn't boning a child, then act with some maturity for the first time in your life. We've had this discussion before, it's getting very tiresome. Learn to watch your mouth, there was no need for that remark.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Oh, it is. You don't realise it when you're 18 though. It's more mature than 15, but not as much as 18-year-olds want to think.

No you don't.

Shut up and piss off if you're not going to be nice. Or at least come up with an original insult.

And if you're going to try and claim that your boyfriend isn't boning a child, then act with some maturity for the first time in your life. We've had this discussion before, it's getting very tiresome. Learn to watch your mouth, there was no need for that remark.

then act with some maturity for the first time in your life.
    have you been there all my life -NO so how the fuck would you know if i havnt been mature AND ACTUALLY THERE WAS to me maybe not to you but it's MY oppinion isn't that what these forums are for?
  • Options
    A sign of maturity is being able to talk to someone who disagrees with your opinion without calling them a "fucking ugly cunt".

Last time you posted on here you ended up abusing everyone in sight, just because they dared to say that fifteen-year-olds are children. That's not the behaviour of a mature adult. I hate to break this to you honey, but mentally, emotionally and legally fifteen-year-olds are children. And you aren't doing a very good job of disproving it by acting mature.

Now you don't have to prove that you are mature, because who you choose to fuck is your concern and nobody elses. But I really could do without the pathetic and pointless bickering you bring to every thread you post in.

People condemn children having sex. Learn to deal with it.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Fair point, I know I've changed my outlook somewhat in my three years at uni and at 21 I know I still have growing up to do.
  • Options
    Maturity plays an important part when you want to make love. If you want to have sex with your partner not becos of love but more of satisfying your sexual needs, then i guess u have not understand the term of making love. Make love for love not for lust, baby.

I think that's the reason why young teenagers having sex at an early age. :chin: 16 and below you are still too young. Maybe when you and your partner are serious in a relationship then u can do it. If not forget abt doing it. It's not worth it. Think abt it baby, think abt it
  • Options
    I think you should be able to choose but 14 id say is minimum ;/
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    how old are you? if you began your relationship at 15 with your fella an became very attracted to him got very confortable around him, but two months before turning 16 you did it BECAUSE you both felt ready .. would you look at him in discust seeing as you are ' under age '. Its exactly like alcahol - more 17 year olds can handle more ale of theirs than actually 20 year olds.

Oh and by the way, minging! please! use some decent words before writing SHIT like tha fucking dope leave the lad alone if he and his gf feel comfortable at their age then so be it - they will suffer for their consequences. Also, "my lil sisters even contemplating sex it creeps me out" by using the word 'lil' in your sentance signifies your perspective of them so you still think in your mind they are too mature - this lads gf may be 15 but be alot more mature than you. In future please analyse things before you make your comments - when people dont their advice becomes ' minging! '
    Who the fuck crawled up your arse and made you queen of fuck all?

1stly Zella is obviously older than you as you seem hung up on the fact that she used the word minger. Also someone being able to 'Handle their ale' doesn't mean they are more mature. Did you know that the word little can also be used to describe a younger sibling?

Ya know its people like you who make me feel hatrid for the common chav.
  • Options
    im going with the law here, people might disagree with it, but it stands at 16
  • Options
    and for the argument, i cant be arsed to go search for the specific link

but pink_wishes used the word "ming" to describe people in here a few days ago, long before anyone else used such a 'child like word' in another thread
  • Options
    then act with some maturity for the first time in your life.
    have you been there all my life -NO so how the fuck would you know if i havnt been mature AND ACTUALLY THERE WAS to me maybe not to you but it's MY oppinion isn't that what these forums are for?

i sincerely hope you never have children as you dont sound mature enough to bring up a goldfish tbh

back on topic i think it should be more the 17 mark personally as i think 16 is a bit too young
  • Options
    the quoted text is from another thread, but regardless of that, its here as well for maximum effect, regardless also of peoples feelings and views im just stating the fact of the law of the land, which cant be argued with
    I met my gf over the internet, i'm 18, she's 15 and although Ginner will no doubt put my in #4 I wasn't intrested in her when we first talked. In my college I met a girl (who is also 18 now) and we became friends, she is also really good friends with my gf (Rhianna) and on msn she added Rhianna to a conversation and I chateed to her messing about and found her to be a really fun person to talk to, it didn't even enter my head I would want to see this girl or find her attractive because she was 15. Then her friends 18th came along and we met at the party, I knew instantly I liked this girl and couldn't get her out of my head even when I was kissing other girls and went out to town that night clubbing. even at the party it was wrecking my head because I kept thinking "she's only 15 how can I like her so much!?" for about 2 months after I saw her reguarly at a friends house and I didn't even tell my best friend I liked her in case it would pass. but here I am, this is the happiest i've been with a girl, point of this post is that not all 'older' men online are after sex, it's just an easy place to flirt oh and the guys dropping to their knees for you are wussy losers anyway considering the way they act once they see a pic of you. Oh an I suppose to try an prove a point to ginner that because i'm seeing a 15 year old girl that i'm not some sort of peadophile.

regardless of her emotional and sexual maturity it is still against the law to have sex with someone under the age of 16, and is illegal for someone 18 or over to have sex with someone under 18 if they are in a position of responsibility over them (teacher etc)

ignorance is also no defence in the eyes of the law, you may disagree with and dislike the people who have posted comments here but listen to this

i dont care how mature you both think she is, she is still under age you muppets
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    This thread has reached red moron status - Stand well back.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    This thread has reached red moron status - Stand well back.

absolutely!
    can we all try to stick to the topic without resorting to abusing one another please? ...pretty please - it's Tuesday morning but it feels like Monday and my head hurts.
    :grump:
  • Options
    Ginner can be offensive sometimes indeed. sometimes he also raises valid points. generally people agree that although not legal, you cannot stop a 15 y.o from having sex if they feel they are in love etc etc and taking sensible precuations. what really doesn't help convince people you are genuine, mature and thinking about it... is when SHE comes on as pink_wishes and starts abusing everyone in sight , being genuinely offensive and getting everyone to question her maturity levels.u might want to get her to stop doing that.