Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ketamine

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Panthro wrote:
    In small doses, aye. But be warned snorting damages the nasal passages. Personally I wouldn't risk it with ketamine. Fatal in large doses. Make sure you are with a sober someone you trust!!

And remember it is an anaesthetic and are at greater risk of hurting yourself without realising it.

Certainly, you can bump around and not realise you are hurting yourself.

But to actually top yourself snorting it alone is nigh on impossible, you will pass out before you can actually fit enough up your nose.

IM, IV or orally its possible but you cant really do it snorting.

And yes of course its nasty to the nose, snorting anything really isnt all that wise.
  • Options
    yeah you'd think that...but dont forget that a powerful hallucenogen could have an effect on that and create hitherto unforseen states of mind...

there certainly exists the possibility...i guess the consensual thing must be if you are going to try it out, be confident (as far as you can) of your own mental disposition and be with some people who arent entirely fucked...

When you're tripping, being with people who are sober is usually a bad idea...unless someone's doing something for the first time and wants a sitter.

Acid and E can be a bad combination...unforseen states of mind as you say...but seratonin depletion really isn't a problem, seriously...one problem particularly is paranoia from the E, another is vomitting - if you're being sick whilst on acid you're going to be shitting yourself badly.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    When you're tripping, being with people who are sober is usually a bad idea...unless someone's doing something for the first time and wants a sitter.

If you are planning to do a K-hole experience its best to have some one who is relatively sober with you just in case you are sick.
  • Options
    Do you know people that actually intravenously inject ketamine? Personallt thinking that is taking the rec. drug use a bit far......
  • Options
    I think IV is very rare though IM is less so, I know someone who has done it, I've told him he's mad but there's only so much I can do, at least he used clean and proper kit.
  • Options
    unless someone's doing something for the first time and wants a sitter

i thought thats basically what i said :confused:
  • Options
    i thought thats basically what i said :confused:

Sort of.

Specifically E + acid or K?

Unless there's a physical risk, with something like K, sitters usually do more harm than good...they usually succumb to the temptation of trying to create bad trips.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Unless there's a physical risk, with something like K, sitters usually do more harm than good...they usually succumb to the temptation of trying to create bad trips.

Some do, though it really depends on the person. Whether you are having a trip sitter or not you do NEED to be around people you trust.
  • Options
    ok maybe i should have stated (sort of took for granted) that you aren't going to have someone who doesn have a clue..i.e: isnt going to come out with things like;

'So you arent getting paranoid or anything'

'What can you see'

or some evil cunt who's going to try and trip you out...Sid Barrett's flatmates used to lock him in the linnen cupboard to induce a bad trip :mad:

tbh if he murders all of them with a large sharp object i'll laugh, because thats evil...
  • Options
    Having someone ask you to kill them tends to do the trick too.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Whether you are having a trip sitter or not you do NEED to be around people you trust.

Well, in the sense of avoiding contact with arseholes when tripping, that's true...but you don't need a group of trustworthy people around you for a trip as a necessity.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Well, in the sense of avoiding contact with arseholes when tripping, that's true...but you don't need a group of trustworthy people around you for a trip as a necessity.

If you are taking a strong hallucinogen its probably best to be with people you know and trust.

I've seen people take strong doses of LSD at clubs before and its never a good idea.
  • Options
    ok maybe i should have stated (sort of took for granted) that you aren't going to have someone who doesn have a clue..i.e: isnt going to come out with things like;

'So you arent getting paranoid or anything'

'What can you see'

or some evil cunt who's going to try and trip you out...Sid Barrett's flatmates used to lock him in the linnen cupboard to induce a bad trip :mad:

tbh if he murders all of them with a large sharp object i'll laugh, because thats evil...

Finding a sitter you can trust 100% isn't easy, the temptation is always there for most people...it's not direct attempts to cause a bad trip that tend get to you, because you can see through the attempt and laugh it off, it's the looks & vibes you get off people...the subtle things that can send you off on a bad trip.

Personal preference really whether you want a sitter or not...personally i don't see the point, i'm more likely to have a bad trip with a sitter than without one i'd reckon. Constrains the trip imho. 2 or 4 people in a quiet environment is the best way, in my experience anyway. Having sober people is usually good though, just to observe and interact with them...and they usually find themselves entertained.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    If you are taking a strong hallucinogen its probably best to be with people you know and trust.

I've seen people take strong doses of LSD at clubs before and its never a good idea.

It depends on the person...interacting with people you know can be excellent, but actually having them about for the entire trip is different, you're on a completely different level from them. Best to stick with friend/s who are also tripping imho and barricade yourself off from the rest of the world...venturing forth as and when you desire. Having a quiet retreat is a must.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

Taking LSD in a club is not a good idea at all, your walking around with bright flashing lights, it's like the lights are moving against and with you, it's fucked up. If the club is packed too your bumping into people just not knowing exactly who or what your only after bumping into, you sit down for a while and chill out but after a while you want to walk around again, it's not terrifying or anything but i can think of alot better places to take LSD than a club. I know it's something i won't be doing again for a long time.
  • Options
    It depends on the person

thats 50% of drug use in a nutshell really, particularly anything hallucenogenic...