Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ketamine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thinking of taking ketamine as a combination some time fairly soon...heard it works well with acid/mushrooms and/or E...so any experiences?

Comments

• Options
    K is good with ecstacy. Personally I wouldn't mix it with acid. I don't know though. As for shrooms, would be interesting. Seems to me like a strange mix though.

Always be carefull when trying out new combos and make sure you have people you trust around you.

Don't do too much k when on ecstacy otherwise you'll find yourself k-holed. I had 1/4g and 3 pills on Saturday and loved it. Made it all the more trippy but was very enjoyable.
  • Options
    Mixing Ket and E isnt the smartest thing you can do...

if you've never done K before STRONGLY recommend you at least do it in isolation first...it can be quite an overwhelming experience...and at least do it with someone whos not to fucked and has done it before...

Mixing Ket and Acid...you're mad...

If your mind messes up, you're also ingesting something that's primary purpose is to mess your body up (well, to anesthetise) so it could impare your ability to be able to change your environment and thus make things better, if something goes pear shaped with the 'cid.

i've never taken them in combination, in fact i havent taken cid or k at all...but i've seen enough people messed up on Ket let alone cid...

by mixing any of these your are multiplying the possibility of something going wrong...personally i cant see how a combination of any of these is a brilliant idea...or candy flipping...coming down while tripping? fuck that...
  • Options

if you've never done K before STRONGLY recommend you at least do it in isolation first...

May not be the smartest thing but it's very enjoyable. You wouldn't really know seeing as you've never done ketamine before.

I also agree, make sure you do k on it's own first before you try any combos. It is a very enjoyable drug which my group of friends consume many a gram a week.
  • Options

if you've never done K before STRONGLY recommend you at least do it in isolation first...it can be quite an overwhelming experience...and at least do it with someone whos not to fucked and has done it before...

Mixing Ket and Acid...you're mad...

If your mind messes up, you're also ingesting something that's primary purpose is to mess your body up (well, to anesthetise) so it could impare your ability to be able to change your environment and thus make things better, if something goes pear shaped with the 'cid.

i've never taken them in combination, in fact i havent taken cid or k at all...but i've seen enough people messed up on Ket let alone cid...

by mixing any of these your are multiplying the possibility of something going wrong...personally i cant see how a combination of any of these is a brilliant idea...or candy flipping...coming down while tripping? fuck that...

I've done K before so i know what i'm doing...

What's the exact problem with combining it with E? Something to do with conflicting effects on the body? Or purely the pyschological experience.

As for candyflipping...not difficult to avoid coming down when tripping, just prolong the E by taking enough to keep you up until you come down from the trip.
  • Options
    having said that, as above some people find it pleasurable and tbh i can see that...with Ket & E however it is a dodgy combination in terms of the strain it puts on you physically.
  • Options
    if you take enough pills while on cid, for long enough to counteract the trip theres no guarentee that the serotonin rush will still be with you after that time...you might have depleted it too much before you reach that point, its certainly possible.

basically you're taking Ketamine, an anesthetic which depresses the CNS and E which stimulates is, its tearing your body in two directions.

Mixing K and cid is absolutely crazy in my opinion, just the thought of the combination is :shocking:

With E and Ket the psychological thing is...well...how long is a piece of string, totally unpredictable...and further more, how do you know whats gonna be in the pills you get? probably MDMA/MDA...but having phet on Ket would not be best...

just because you can get up the next day and go to work does not necessarily mean you are fine...

the question i'd ask myself is, whats better? combining drugs to explore them, and weighing up what you think the experience will be worth...while taking into account the risks?

or you could just do them in isolation and try to explore the drug more in isolation...for example lots of people have taken E...but i bet those who havent done it with a load of good mates (for example) at a rave or wherever is enjoyable wish they'd explored the drug more...

Not enough people explore the possibilities of what they experiences they can create for themselves while on a drug...they just think if they do more in ever more elaborate concotions that the drug will do the work for them and just make it more fun...

Its not the neccesarily what or how much you do rather than what you do with the experience...
  • Options
    I wouldn't even liek to think what ket with acid or mushrooms would be like, it doesn't sound like it'd be too pleasant at any rate.
    Doing little bumps of ket with pills is fine i've found, just so you get the slight visual and sensory change while still ebing able to walk!
    I personally think ket is better as an afterparty sort fo thing or by itself as too much ket kinda swamps the effect of pills.
    CK - coke and ket is nice too :) although probably none too healthy for you.
  • Options
    Hi,im a newbie,and oldy but have have some small amount of knowledge,as my son was,maybe still does uses drugs,
    Isnt there an added risk with ketomine of fitting? I know of somebody that has ,but dont know what they mixed it with.
  • Options
    basically you're taking Ketamine, an anesthetic which depresses the CNS and E which stimulates is, its tearing your body in two directions....

Be careful what you say there, ketamine actually has very little effect on the CNS and does not depress the breathing in normal doses. In massive doses it will but not 'recreational' doses.

It potenciates other depressants like alcohol or benzo's and for this reason it should NEVER be used with alcohol.

It is this minimal effect on the CNS which makes it a very effective anthestic.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I don't need to remind you all that mixing substances is not a good idea, it increases the harm to your body, it has unpredictable effects and increases the risk.

I am hoping that Bongbudda, with his extensive knowledge, will be able to step in here and help me out with the possible interactions between E and K and K and cocaine?
  • Options
    Ketamine in of itself is a relatively physically safe drug, however as with many other things mixing it with other drugs is an unknown.

Physically I'm not really sure that it would be overtly dangerous to mix MDMA with ket in small doses, though at higher doses the knock out effect of the ketamine may well cause problems with the MDMA action.

I certainly wouldnt recomend it in a club where you can spin out, fall over, get robbed, touched up etc.

As for ketamine and cocaine, seems a very odd mixture to me they are two drugs at the poloar opposite of the scale from each other.
  • Options
    I have just found the following from the Ketamine FAQ's on Erowid -
    Ketamine has been used with no ill interactive effects with dope, acid, nitrous, dextromethorphan, and MDMA, although no combinations are recommended and are highly unnecessary given the totality of ketamine. It does not have a build-on effect with halucinagins and will generally overpower other drugs.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    As for ketamine and cocaine, seems a very odd mixture to me they are two drugs at the poloar opposite of the scale from each other.

That was my thinking as well.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, why would anyone want to take DXM and ketamine, thats quite possibly insane.
  • Options
    I know no one has suggested it in this thread but it seems a good time to remind you all of a few things about Ketamine -
    Ketamine use can also be particularly dangerous if used at the same time as depressant drugs such as alcohol, barbiturates, heroin or tranquillisers as it can shut the body down to such an effect that the lungs or heart to stop functioning.
    from Drugscope, and there are also habituation issues with it if you take it regularly for a short period.
  • Options
    Misty-Blue wrote:
    Hi,im a newbie,and oldy but have have some small amount of knowledge,as my son was,maybe still does uses drugs,
    Isnt there an added risk with ketomine of fitting? I know of somebody that has ,but dont know what they mixed it with.

I can't find any information on whether it causes fitting on its own, so I believe if it happens it is stupidly rare. It is more likely that the person you mentioned mixed it with depressants or other drugs, or had an adverse reaction to it, or had an existing condition. Has anyone else heard of Ketamine bringing on fits?
  • Options
    I have done, though only really anecdotally, and normally in a situation where the person had used quite a few other things too.

(oh and as for mixing it with downers LadyJade, I mentioned that already though its always good to get another source)
  • Options
    i didnt really say anything wrong there though....i didnt give any indication as to what degree this goes (i would have thought it was obvious that anesthetics cant depress the CNS to much of a degree). It does have a depressive effect of the CNS and is being used in conjunction with a stimulant....in fact i didnt mention breathing at all either....

i also believe i was stressing the possible problems danger of mixing the two...what i was getting at was the fact that Ket has been known to bring on symptoms such as confusion in certain people, i've been out with people who loved this combo (Pills and Ket) and at least one of them a night would get so spun out they'd have to physically be taken home, in quite a frightenened state...usually after about 2 or so hours....
  • Options
    Yes, but you were using fairly emotive wording which suggested an action stronger than actually exists.

I wasnt really saying you were wrong, just that ketamine really doesnt have much effect on the CNS which is why its still used for elderly people sometimes who have dodgy hearts.
  • Options
    It can make you feel sick in your stomach too, as can all anasthetics, so if you combine it with other substances you are more likely to increase this effect. Particularly with alcohol & depressants, you could find yourelf in a situation where it is difficult to move and you need to throw up, which would be unpleasant and dangerous.
  • Options
    Yes, but you were using fairly emotive wording which suggested an action stronger than actually exists.

on re-reading possibly yes...hardly 'emotive' though....but following the thread of discussion i perhaps could have indicated that the effect was minimal...i didnt think of pointing it out because as an anesthetic lack of a depressant effect is an extremely desirable characteristic anyway...
  • Options
    It was the word 'tearing' which I thought over played the issue slightly, but lets not pick over minor details.
  • Options
    ok yeah i can see that, shall go and do some editing because that is quite misleading...
  • Options
    I'm glad we can agree on that.

More than anything I just really fail to see why anyone would want to take ketamine in a club, its potentially a very strong drug experience, not one you want to do in the company of strangers.
  • Options
    Hemisphere
    You wouldn't really know seeing as you've never done ketamine before

no this is true...but i have an idea and i did not mean to imply that K can't be an enjoyable experience which it can and has been for quite a few people...

what i was pointing out was the potential pitfalls that do exist...
  • Options
    Yes, and there really is only so far you can push that 'you havent done it so you wouldnt know' idea.

I havent done quite a few things but I feel I know enough about them to comment, speedballs for example I can say I've never tried, but I do know are probably not a wise idea.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

you get the general messyness and wierdness from the ket but the coke keeps you more alert and up so you are still able to move around and stuff and the general high off of the coke. i guess speed would work in the same way but i'm never touching that ever again.

ket in small does can be fun. but small being the word and know lots of people who have fucked up even just on the one bump and doing too much and spacking out, cue me looking afetr her in the toilets for about an hour til she could walk again properly.
  • Options
    Yep, I've had mates pass out in clubs because of ket before, not really how you want to spend your night.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Ketamine use can also be particularly dangerous if used at the same time as depressant drugs such as alcohol.

Done ketamine whilst on alcohol too many times to count. Makes it all the more enjoyable.

Ketamine on it's own is a wonderful drug but with E it enhances the E. As for alcohol it enhances the K.
  • Options
    Hemisphere wrote:
    Done ketamine whilst on alcohol too many times to count. Makes it all the more enjoyable.

Ketamine on it's own is a wonderful drug but with E it enhances the E. As for alcohol it enhances the K.

Yeah, and ketamine enhances the sedative effect of the alcohol which could lead you to passing out and potentially falling into a coma.

The line 'just because you can doesnt mean its a good idea' comes to mind.