Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ketamine

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you take enough pills while on cid, for long enough to counteract the trip theres no guarentee that the serotonin rush will still be with you after that time...you might have depleted it too much before you reach that point, its certainly possible.

What are you talking about? lol. You take a pill maybe every 3 hours...once you come down from the lsd you choose when to comedown from the E...there is no problem with seratonin depletion.
    basically you're taking Ketamine, an anesthetic which depresses the CNS and E which stimulates is, its tearing your body in two directions.

Mixing K and cid is absolutely crazy in my opinion, just the thought of the combination is :shocking:

With E and Ket the psychological thing is...well...how long is a piece of string, totally unpredictable...and further more, how do you know whats gonna be in the pills you get? probably MDMA/MDA...but having phet on Ket would not be best...

If you haven't done it...you can't really comment.
    just because you can get up the next day and go to work does not necessarily mean you are fine...

the question i'd ask myself is, whats better? combining drugs to explore them, and weighing up what you think the experience will be worth...while taking into account the risks?

or you could just do them in isolation and try to explore the drug more in isolation...for example lots of people have taken E...but i bet those who havent done it with a load of good mates (for example) at a rave or wherever is enjoyable wish they'd explored the drug more...

Not enough people explore the possibilities of what they experiences they can create for themselves while on a drug...they just think if they do more in ever more elaborate concotions that the drug will do the work for them and just make it more fun...

Its not the neccesarily what or how much you do rather than what you do with the experience...

Ok, I didn't ask for a lecture :thumb: .
  • Options
    What are you talking about? lol. You take a pill maybe every 3 hours...once you come down from the lsd you choose when to comedown from the E...there is no problem with seratonin depletion

what ARE you talking about...there is no problem with E and serotonin depletion...if we follow you're logical about 'choosing' when to come down from pills, why can't people then stay up on them indefinately? There IS a problem with serotonin depletion (ffs its called a comedown...)

again flawed...are you seriously saying to me that everyone who has never taken a chemical or chemical combination can never be allowed to comment...plenty of learned toxicologists and Pharmacologists would disagree and as Bong stated theres only so far you can push that arguement...
    Ok, I didn't ask for a lecture

no but you posted on a public board asking for opinions. Question them by all means but dont post asking for comments and then be pissed of with how they are worded or how long they are...

Nothing you have said makes any decent challenge to anything i've put up...you just dont like it because i havent done it and im not whole heartedly endorsing it...
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Thinking of taking ketamine as a combination some time fairly soon...heard it works well with acid/mushrooms and/or E...so any experiences?
    dangers aside, personally i love it with the above, i cant stand it withoiut anything else. Without lining yourself with other drugs first, it can get very dark and dirty. Oh and only have really tiny little lines, everyone can handle different amounts and you need a strong mind to do just an average sized line.
    This is the mutha of all drugs and will get you wrecked more than anything ever. It's not just visuals, loss of body functions but it's powerful in your mind and you will see the world in a different place. The bigger the line the deeper you go. Personally I love the stuff and I love taking small lines in clubs. I'm not going into explaining how it makes you feel as it's vertually impossible.
    Rememebr little blasts at a time, you don't want to hole! (holing is a bit like a trance)
    and as it's an anesthetic, you won'y feel much pain...also dangerous.
    Whatever you do...never mix with alcohol, you'll be violently ill.
  • Options
    i thought k holes could be a good experience, i can imagine them being dangerous.. but dont you imagine your in a different place etc.. i read some really detailed trip reports on bluelight
  • Options
    i thought k holes could be a good experience, i can imagine them being dangerous.. but dont you imagine your in a different place etc.. i read some really detailed trip reports on bluelight
    theres imagining your'e n a different place and there's imagining you're dead! If you're not used to ket, being in a hole could scar u for life!
  • Options
    what ARE you talking about...there is no problem with E and serotonin depletion...if we follow you're logical about 'choosing' when to come down from pills, why can't people then stay up on them indefinately? There IS a problem with serotonin depletion (ffs its called a comedown...)

So you can't stay "up" for 12 hours on E?

again flawed...

There was nothing flawed in the first place :rolleyes:.

no but you posted on a public board asking for opinions. Question them by all means but dont post asking for comments and then be pissed of with how they are worded or how long they are...

Nothing you have said makes any decent challenge to anything i've put up...you just dont like it because i havent done it and im not whole heartedly endorsing it...

Decent challenge to what? Have I posted some kind of polemic or critique without knowing?
  • Options
    So you can't stay "up" for 12 hours on E?

oh you can stay intoxicated and stimulated for sure...but that special thing, that added zing, the empathetic feeling derrived from the effect on serotonin production is the limited part of the E...then again every brain is different, and the knock off point at which it starts to fade will differ from person to person....there is at least the distinct possibility that the empathetic euphoria could start to fade or that other adverse mental factors could present themselves toward the end of that 12 hour period...

thats what i was getting at...its a flawed challenge to the legitimacy of the points i was making

i dont pretend to have a comprehensive understanding of the effects that this chemical combination will have upon you (could anyone :confused: ) but im presenting my opinion based upon the knowledge that i have of the substances in question...
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    The line 'just because you can doesnt mean its a good idea' comes to mind.

:rolleyes:

But then that's true with so many things in life.

I'm not saying everyone should do it, I'm just saying I've done it and enjoyed it.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    theres imagining your'e n a different place and there's imagining you're dead! If you're not used to ket, being in a hole could scar u for life!

ket is indeed one of the wierdest drugs you can take and not like any other substance you're likely to come across.

Going into a K-hole you mgiht enter your own personal hell, or you mgiht end up with the msot amazing experience. thinking you're dead is not necessarily a bad thing, friend thought she was dead when she went into a hole, but decided she didn't really mind if she was at the time cos she was having that much fun.
  • Options
    ket is indeed one of the wierdest drugs you can take and not like any other substance you're likely to come across.

Going into a K-hole you mgiht enter your own personal hell, or you mgiht end up with the msot amazing experience. thinking you're dead is not necessarily a bad thing, friend thought she was dead when she went into a hole, but decided she didn't really mind if she was at the time cos she was having that much fun.
    all my k holes have been good but never intended. I've died n met god for fuck's sake!crazy shit n i dont even believe in him! i had to have a break for a few months as i was doin far too much and it was causin me to wake while in the middle of sleep paralysis. Most people cant handle that shit. Now I moderate my usage!
  • Options
    I've never really been a heavy ket user at all. don't particualrly like the idea of going ito a k-hole, only ever done that twice and that was from doing a stupid amount where i was knocked out completely, me being the clever person that i am :rolleyes:

but yeah, ket is a very strong wierd drug not too be taken too lightly!
  • Options
    Hemisphere wrote:
    :rolleyes:

But then that's true with so many things in life.

I'm not saying everyone should do it, I'm just saying I've done it and enjoyed it.

I was just trying to offer you some advice to stop you topping yourself, but what you do is up to you.
  • Options
    oh you can stay intoxicated and stimulated for sure...but that special thing, that added zing, the empathetic feeling derrived from the effect on serotonin production is the limited part of the E...then again every brain is different, and the knock off point at which it starts to fade will differ from person to person....there is at least the distinct possibility that the empathetic euphoria could start to fade or that other adverse mental factors could present themselves toward the end of that 12 hour period...

If you haven't been overdoing E beforehand - so your seratonin levels are pretty normal - i don't really foresee any problems with staying high for 12 hours...12 hours is pretty normal in terms of the duration of an E experience.

I've never had a problem with staying high for 12 hours, no-one I know has either.

The main problem with candyflipping is potentially getting paranoia from the E...which would be pretty nasty on lsd. But then you can always just come up on the E first. It's just getting off to a good start that's most important.

thats what i was getting at...its a flawed challenge to the legitimacy of the points i was making

i dont pretend to have a comprehensive understanding of the effects that this chemical combination will have upon you (could anyone :confused: ) but im presenting my opinion based upon the knowledge that i have of the substances in question...

Ok fair enough, i was probably being sharp...drug-induced moodswings.
  • Options
    One dose of MDMA should last about 4-5 hours, you can top it up to make it last about 6 or even 7, but pure MDMA feelings do not last 12 by itself.

MDA will last longer and MDMA with methamphetamine will last longer, but you can not get pure ephoria from MDMA for 12 hours straight.

You can be intoxicated and you can feel happy, but you cant get that pure MDMA feeling for that long.

I wouldn't suggest it, its not going to be good for your organs and probably isnt all that good for your brain either.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    One dose of MDMA should last about 4-5 hours, you can top it up to make it last about 6 or even 7, but pure MDMA feelings do not last 12 by itself.

MDA will last longer and MDMA with methamphetamine will last longer, but you can not get pure ephoria from MDMA for 12 hours straight.

You can be intoxicated and you can feel happy, but you cant get that pure MDMA feeling for that long.

I wouldn't suggest it, its not going to be good for your organs and probably isnt all that good for your brain either.

I've never had a problem maintaining a good E high for 12 hours...maybe the highest plateau peaks half way through...obviously we're talking random unknown pills here...but maintaining a high & avoiding a comedown across the duration of an acid trip is not a problem.
  • Options
    yeah you'd think that...but dont forget that a powerful hallucenogen could have an effect on that and create hitherto unforseen states of mind...

there certainly exists the possibility...i guess the consensual thing must be if you are going to try it out, be confident (as far as you can) of your own mental disposition and be with some people who arent entirely fucked...
  • Options
    Hemisphere
    I was just trying to offer you some advice to stop you topping yourself, but what you do is up to you.

look mate, if you hear and dont agree with the advice you are given thats fine, but remember that its people of Bongbudda's disposition who are going to pick you up (or at least try) if something goes wrong with your adventures that you had'nt forseen....a little bit less contempt for them would be good
  • Options
    Talking of this by a wierd stroke of bad luck I was speaking to a mate of mine and one of his mates did ket recently and ended up being carted off to A&E.

He was quite pissed and tooted a lot of K, then woke up at 3am in A&E. His parents werent all that impressed.
  • Options
    Once me n my bf went on a weekend bender n did the lots...acid, pills, base, coke, weed n ket...he ended up with severe chest pains (turns out it was his chest muscles spasming) and the only thing the doctor really laid on us about was the ket and how dangerous it is!
  • Options
    ket is very tempremental for me! over the past few months its been doing nothing but making me sleepy, i was told that it was the negative stuff?! then i had the best experiance at the weekend, so im a bit confused to how it effects me on different week ends?
  • Options
    Its a hallucinogen so its going to be different based on your feelings at the time and your enviroment.

That and there might be the tolerance issue too.
  • Options
    I cannot believe anyone is even contemplating taking Ketamine!! Never mind actually doing it!! Ketamine is a powerful anaesthetic! It depresses the Central Nervous System and respiratory system!

But mixing it!!! Dear Lord, heads need to be examined! I am all for individual choice in partaking in drugs but this takes the proverbial biscuit.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Panthro wrote:
    It depresses the Central Nervous System and respiratory system!

Actually, it doesn't, it is a disassociative anasthetic, so it works on the nerve endings, not the CNS. That is why it is used in children. Have a look at the information on theSite and Erowid for more information.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Actually, it doesn't, it is a disassociative anasthetic, so it works on the nerve endings, not the CNS. That is why it is used in children. Have a look at the information on theSite and Erowid for more information.

Indeed, as I mentioned earlier.

Do they still use it though, I know up untill relatively recently they used it with elderly people who had dodgy tickers. But for the life of me I cant find out whether its still in use.

I know most of the time now they use fentanyl or the usual gas.

Fentanyl doesnt have much affect on the CNS either and nor does GHB unless in massive doses, though GHB doesn't kill pain, which makes it of less use.
  • Options
    Yes they use it. As it is an anaesthetic, it is sometimes used on the roadside in emergencies or for example used to replace a dislocated shoulder. I have seen someone having a Ketamine reaction - not a pleasant experience I can tell you. It more often used in Vetinarary procedures rather than medical ones.

If you must take it......Please say you are not injecting it!!!! And that it is relatively small amounts!!!
  • Options
    There are some who IM the stuff, but thats very rare and really isnt all that wise.

I had thought it was being phased out and replaced with things like Fentanyl because people trip out on the stuff occasionally.

Most people will snort the drug, though some use it orally, which is much harder to dose and can be very frightening.

Physically by itself it is a relatively safe drug though.
  • Options
    [QUOTE=

Physically by itself it is a relatively safe drug though.[/QUOTE]

In small doses, aye. But be warned snorting damages the nasal passages. Personally I wouldn't risk it with ketamine. Fatal in large doses. Make sure you are with a sober someone you trust!!

And remember it is an anaesthetic and are at greater risk of hurting yourself without realising it.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I had thought it was being phased out and replaced with things like Fentanyl because people trip out on the stuff occasionally.

Is Fentanyl a disassociative too, Bong?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Do they still use it though, I know up untill relatively recently they used it with elderly people who had dodgy tickers. But for the life of me I cant find out whether its still in use.

My medical contact says they do still use it in young children, becuse they don't have a developed sense of self to be dis-associated from it is one of the safer anaesthetics for them to use.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Is Fentanyl a disassociative too, Bong?

No, its a powerful anesthetic opiate.

I mean that people trip out on ketamine so they are replacing it with things like Fentanyl, sorry if I wasnt clear.