Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ermm.. I don't know where to put it,

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think if its desperate that you move then you should leave college and get a job, which is more money in the short term. I dont see how your mum will be able to justify you paying £600 a month rent for her, unless shes not planning on paying anything towards it at all?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    i have to pay 600amonth rent on my mothers house..:(

Wtf. How much rent is your place? We pay £595 on a 2 bed house & this is quite an expensive area!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Wtf. How much rent is your place? We pay £595 on a 2 bed house & this is quite an expensive area!

remember its a 4bed house?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I think if its desperate that you move then you should leave college and get a job, which is more money in the short term. I dont see how your mum will be able to justify you paying £600 a month rent for her, unless shes not planning on paying anything towards it at all?

Atm my mother is on DLA, and income support for me and my twin and thus excempt from even paying rent,

If i leave college she loses about £100 for me a week, (income support and family allowence) and is not excempt from paying rent anymore..

Therefore I'd have to pay rent, council tax.

rent is £600amonth and council tax is £95
  • Options
    remember its a 4bed house?

So, you are only using one room (kinda). Thats a hell of a lot if you ask me.
  • Options
    So, you are only using one room (kinda). Thats a hell of a lot if you ask me.

I know.. made me fucking furious
  • Options
    Atm my mother is on DLA, and income support for me and my twin and thus excempt from even paying rent,

If i leave college she loses about £100 for me a week, (income support and family allowence) and is not excempt from paying rent anymore..

its probably cheaper to live in a shared house than pay that!
  • Options
    its probably cheaper to live in a shared house than pay that!

*nods* I know.. but it's the fact of finding one.

i think atm im going to stick with college and prob move in with the gf around april time if her and her mother wants it, which is looking promising
  • Options

so if you are earning, it suddenly falls on you (a minor) to pay ALL the rent?

something very wrong there.

if i were you, i'd get independant advice on the whole thing. connexions, citizens advice, something like that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    so if you are earning, it suddenly falls on you (a minor) to pay ALL the rent?

something very wrong there.

if i were you, i'd get independant advice on the whole thing. connexions, citizens advice, something like that.

i am thinking about going, concidering i am only 16 i don't see how i can be expected to pay 600 a week, we worked it out i'd need to earn atleast 1000amonth before and about 800after tax :lol: i'll be laughing if i could earn that
  • Options
    *nods* I know.. but it's the fact of finding one.

i think atm im going to stick with college and prob move in with the gf around april time if her and her mother wants it, which is looking promising

:thumb:

mucho mas mejor!

or much better lol. plus gives you a lot of time to do thorough research.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I'm still looking for somewhere, I was thinking of sharing but I'd rather share with a girl (So I don't have to do all the cooking and cleaning!)

I was gonna move in with my ex because to start with things ended friendly (and then he called me a whore and it all kicked off) and i would have done all the cleaning and all the cooking despite him being a partime chef!

All of london is expensive. My sister was cool and bought a 2 bed flat in earlsfield before it became the new battersea and its going up in cost by the day
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    for £600 a month you could have a cracking mortgage

/turns into my mum

Not in Bristol you couldn't.