Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Paedophile gets 6 yrs

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kentish
    That's fair, but my point was whether sexual desires can be altered or not.
    Probably not.

But then again, having sexual desires towards children is not illegal, however wrong we might think it is on principle. It's acting on such desires that must be prevented.

In any case paedophilia is an unnatural condition that cannot and should not be put in the same bag as other sexual desires and preferences, such as homosexuality and heterosexuality. I find comments suggesting that "if paedophilia can be altered, so can homosexuality" extremely distasteful, nasty and completely pointless and gratuitous to be honest.
  • Options
    That's not what I said is it. I was saying that if paedophilia is 'treatable' then one could argue that homosexual is 'treatable'. And heterosexuality for that matter, if you want to be PC. The point being that it would undermine the homosexual lobby, hence it is never debated, and we don't know if you can 'cure' someone of paedophilic desire.

But only "healthy" in your eyes. The obvious problem is the lack of consent, but does that automatically make it an illness?

so are you trying to say homosexuality is wrong :confused:
    Please explain why you are bringing this and heterosexuality into a debate which is about peadophilia, ive totally lost the plot, because the latter is a sick, disgusting thing whereas the other 2 are natural things in my opinion.

and whats this about lack of consent......your talking out your arse again. Why the hell would anyone consent for an adult to sexually abuse a child in any way. I really dont understand what you are saying here.(Edited to add ive had strong painkillers, so thats my excuse)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    so are you trying to say homosexuality is wrong
    If you read, that's not what I said. I'm not saying anything is right or wrong, I'm asking whether sexual feelings can be altered.
    and whats this about lack of consent......your talking out your arse again. Why the hell would anyone consent for an adult to sexually abuse a child in any way.
    They wouldn't. Therefore paedophilia is wrong. That was my point.
  • Options
    Therefore paedophilia is wrong. That was my point.

ah right, ok......i got the wrong end of the stick :blush:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    In any case paedophilia is an unnatural condition that cannot and should not be put in the same bag as other sexual desires and preferences, such as homosexuality and heterosexuality. I find comments suggesting that "if paedophilia can be altered, so can homosexuality" extremely distasteful, nasty and completely pointless and gratuitous to be honest.

Why is paedophilia less natural than homosexuality?
  • Options
    Because it is not natural for adults to seek sexual relations with children.
  • Options
  • Options
    With regard to the natural kingdom thing, play mating is not the same as having penetrative sex.

In any case the body of a child has not adequately developed yet to have sexual relations. Nor is the child mentally prepared for it, or fully understands or consents to the act.

Those are the main differences between paedophilia and sex between consenting adults.

Incidentally, if we are to compare them all heterosexuality cannot be left out.
  • Options
  • Options
    Well yes the actual feelings of the adult is a different thing of course... the whole "right and wrong" issue, who gets to decide what's right and wrong and all that...

I guess you'll have to take my word as the ultimate deciding truth... ;)

That's why I'd rather talk about, and act upon adults trying to have sex with children.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    a lot of people who i know say if you accept homosexuality you will accept paedophlia too.

how can you possibley compare?

child abusers and then later killing them is murder and clearly wrong

being gay aint

It's only recently that homosexuality has been accepted as not wrong, how can you say that it won't be the same for paedophillia. It is also not to be assumed that every paedophile a) acts on the impulse and b) becomes a murderer.

They are the same in the way they both strike from the 'norm' and that if one (homosexuality) is genetic and in-built from birth, then so is paedophilia.
  • Options
    Main differences remain: homosexual relationships are between two consenting adults who are making an informed decision out of freewill. That could never apply to paedophilia.

That is why no one has the right to say the former is 'wrong', but there is every right to describe the latter as wrong.
  • Options
    Main differences remain: homosexual relationships are between two consenting adults who are making an informed decision out of freewill. That could never apply to paedophilia.

That is why no one has the right to say the former is 'wrong', but there is every right to describe the latter as wrong.

A relationship perhaps, but the feelings?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If there's nothing wrong with homosexual feelings I can't see how anyone can argue that sexual feelings towards children are wrong.

I can't understand either TBH.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    If there's nothing wrong with homosexual feelings I can't see how anyone can argue that sexual feelings towards children are wrong.

I can't understand either TBH.
    Just as millions of gay people can't understand heterosexual feelings.

So according to your logic if there is nothing wrong with hererosexual feelings no one can argue that sexual feelings towards children are wrong either can they?
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    But that's the point Aladdin. Is it more unnatural for adults to seek sexual relations with children than in a homosexual relationship? If so, why?

I've said why. For the hard of reading, here it is again - homosexuals have a good chance of having a loving consenting equal relationship. Paedophiles don't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    They are the same in the way they both strike from the 'norm' and that if one (homosexuality) is genetic and in-built from birth, then so is paedophilia.

What rubbish. There is no way that you can say because x is caused by y then z must be as well. It's total nonsense.
  • Options

Yes, but you're not that bright are you?
  • Options

your off your rocker...............I cant beleive some of the crap coming out in this thread.

I give up :banghead:
  • Options
    Rather than start a new thread i thought some of you might be interested in This

Well, well, well............here we go again.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Just as millions of gay people can't understand heterosexual feelings.

That's right
    So according to your logic if there is nothing wrong with hererosexual feelings no one can argue that sexual feelings towards children are wrong either can they?

I can't understand homosexuality just as I can't understand being attracted to little kids. I'm no more attracted to other men that I am little kids. That is because I'm a hetrosexual attracetd to women over the age of consent.

I do however accept that homosexual relationships can be healthy where as acts between an adult and a child can never be.
    I was talking about feelings not relationships.
    Weekender Offender