Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Paedophile gets 6 yrs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This story is sickening it really is

HERE

Now this is what was said in one breath
Peter Sabison, defending, said: "I cannot step back from the fact that the sexual fantasies that are highlighted in defence reports are very disturbing."But he seems to be sorry for what he has done. He co-operated with the police and the doctor, he made striking admissions, he has requested help, and he is anxious to obtain any treatment."

and this was also said
He wrote a signed confession to the school which police found at his home, reading "I don't feel guilty about what I did, why should I?"

and this is a parasite that is sorry for what he's done.....id hate to think what he would have written if he did feel guilty !!

So what do you make of this story ? do you think 6 yrs is enough ?

Comments

• Options
    6 years and castration.
  • Options
    Re: Paedophile gets 6 yrs
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    So what do you make of this story ? do you think 6 yrs is enough ?

I was glad to read that they did a police check on him before he was given the job. It is nice to see lessons have been learnt from past mistakes in other parts of the country.

As for the sentence, I'm not sure. I hope he undergoes some serious counselling.

Like you said though, he did say he hadn't any regrets, but by co-operating with Police and seeking help he may have been acknowledging he needs help. Or as someone more cynical might suggest, he was attempting to lower his jail sentence.

People can get away with three years in prison for actually killing people in such instances as death by dangerous driving, so it could be argued his sentence is harsh.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Paedophile gets 6 yrs
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    People can get away with three years in prison for actually killing people in such instances as death by dangerous driving, so it could be argued his sentence is harsh.

He assaulted 3 6yr old children, he fantasised about killing a child.......he has serious mental problems, I think he deserves more than 6 yrs, especially if he does what hes told in the nick cos it wont be 6 years will it.

Someone who commits sexual offences on children are the lowest of the low. They in my opinion have to be really sick bastards and they should serve a lot longer than he got....our children need protecting from people like him.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Paedophile gets 6 yrs
    He assaulted 3 6yr old children, he fantasised about killing a child.......he has serious mental problems, I think he deserves more than 6 yrs, especially if he does what hes told in the nick cos it wont be 6 years will it.

Someone who commits sexual offences on children are the lowest of the low. They in my opinion have to be really sick bastards and they should serve a lot longer than he got....our children need protecting from people like him.

I agree, it is sick. I am not condoning what he did. Just one point though, fantasising about killing isn't a crime in itself, and as such shouldn't be punished.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Paedophile gets 6 yrs
    I agree, it is sick. I am not condoning what he did. Just one point though, fantasising about killing isn't a crime in itself, and as such shouldn't be punished.

No he aint commited an offence, but if he has actually thought and had fantasies about it then that shows how sick he is.

Aye, i knew you werent condoning it.......ignore me you know I go off on one when kids have been sexually abused, i just cant help meself lol
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paedophile gets 6 yrs
    Aye, i knew you werent condoning it.......ignore me you know I go off on one when kids have been sexually abused, i just cant help meself lol

It is an emotive subject. I'm sure I'll get as worked up as you do when I have children of my own. For now though, since I can't actually equate it to anything (as in I can't imagine 'that could've been my little 'un) then I can't get as het up.
  • Options
    a man like with fantasises woulnt feel guilty about it, why would he?

however thats why i believe paedophilia should be treated as a mental and should be released t o public when theyre believe to be no harm to the public
  • Options
    6 years of quite an easy life no doubt. Public stoning I say.
  • Options

And that's why I say we should be allowed a public sex offender register to see who our neighbours really are. It works in the States, why not here?
    however thats why i believe paedophilia should be treated as a mental and should be released t o public when theyre believe to be no harm to the public

When you are an alcaholic & you stop drinking and become dry you will still always be an alcaholic and so there's always a danger of going back to the alcahol. A leopard never changes it's spots. I don't think paedophilia could really be truly cured.
  • Options

Bull. Throwing him into a cell will only worsen the problems. He needs psychological help. It's an illness. They don't lock people up because they get depressed, do they? People with depression can be helped. Paedophiles can also be helped.
  • Options
    a fantasy is only a fantasy. big deal, what is it, the thought police?

so he has to be tried and punished for the crime he committed. "sexual interference". what is that, what did he do? it doesn't say in the article, it doesn't say anywhere. you don't know what he did, so unless you have proof to the contrary that the judge's decision was correct you should shut up.

if it was any more serious than touching the girl where he shouldn't have it would have said so. do you not grasp that?
  • Options
    I'm not a Christian, but one of the the things I most admire about Christianity is the opportunity it affords sinners to admit their sin, be forgiven and gain redemption. I try to live a 'good' life, but I screw up all the time and appreciate the second chances that really 'good' people have given me, but unfortunately many supposedly 'cured' and safe paedophiles have been released only to harm and kill children again. The pseudo-science of Psychiatry has caused too much suffering already. This is too great a risk to take.
    I'd be inclined to have our system be as generous and caring to this man as we can afford to be. For me that means he should be held in a secure place where he cannot harm children, but he is allowed and encouraged to live a full and active life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by nckdn
    ..............For me that means he should be held in a secure place where he cannot harm children, but he is allowed and encouraged to live a full and active life.

so an old peoples home then?
  • Options
    :::shivers:::

i don't know if it's just me... but whenever i see pictures of people who have done bad (like particularly disgusting) things... even when it's just pictures.. i feel like i can see evil in the eyes.. and i get chills...

but i think 6 years is way too short...
    i know quite a few people, myself included, who have been sexually abused.. and while most of us are over it.. i'm sure it's fucked us up in some ways...
    and i'm sure he's affected those children in a negative way that will follow them for a long time.. whether it be conscious or not...
    and he deserves more than 6 years for doing that...
    just b/c he got CAUGHT this time.. doesn't mean he hasn't done it before...

edited b/c i missed out a word and i needed to clarify myself...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mushroom Boy
    a fantasy is only a fantasy. big deal, what is it, the thought police?

so he has to be tried and punished for the crime he committed. "sexual interference". what is that, what did he do? it doesn't say in the article, it doesn't say anywhere. you don't know what he did, so unless you have proof to the contrary that the judge's decision was correct you should shut up.

if it was any more serious than touching the girl where he shouldn't have it would have said so. do you not grasp that?
    "Although to your credit you have managed to avoid putting your fantasies into practice until now, now that you have committed these offences it seems to me that it is necessary for this court to pass sentences which will protect the public for a very considerable time."

What does that tell you? If this bloke interfere's with kids then it's quite obvious what he has done.
  • Options
    it just seems as though because he didn't kill a child, just molested it, he's being thanked and told that he's a good guy really.

people who do things like this need professional help, and a long spell away from the world.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    When you are an alcaholic & you stop drinking and become dry you will still always be an alcaholic

Rubbish.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Rubbish.
    You disagree with AA?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Paedophile gets 6 yrs
    I hope he undergoes some serious counselling.
    that shows how sick he is
    Originally posted by whersmyplacebo
    i believe paedophilia should be treated as a mental [illness?]
    Originally posted by ben.s
    He needs psychological help. It's an illness.
    Originally posted by welsh_mosher
    people who do things like this need professional help
    Originally posted by swank
    pedophiles should...recieve "help" for their mental state
    Can paedophiles be successfully treated for their compulsion to have sex with, or molest, young children?

There is no debate because if we can 'cure' paedophilia, we can 'cure' homosexuality and that's not PC in this day and age.
  • Options
    Memory is tied to emotions right? We as humans remember most what gives us a good feeling and what doesn't. The feelings for an alcaholic towards a drink are strong they never forget what it was like to drink. Not only are they constantly reminded to drink, but their constantly reminded in strong emotional terms.

Why do you think that an alcoholic isn't allowed to drink? Not just because it's damaging effect but there's risk of drinking full time again. Once an alcoholic always an alcoholic.
  • Options
    i say treat it as a mental illness, thus allowing them to be sectioned indefinetly until they are no longer a threat to the public
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    When you are an alcaholic & you stop drinking and become dry you will still always be an alcaholic and so there's always a danger of going back to the alcahol. A leopard never changes it's spots. I don't think paedophilia could really be truly cured.

but is paedophilia to do with our genetic make-up, like alcoholism is to do with an inherrant likelihood to become dependant/addicted to something, and you therefore never stop being alcoholic, or is paedophilia to do with the way we grew up, and can therefore be treated?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ben.s
    Bull. Throwing him into a cell will only worsen the problems. He needs psychological help. It's an illness. They don't lock people up because they get depressed, do they? People with depression can be helped. Paedophiles can also be helped.

i dont give jack shit about the paedophile to be honest, I care about the children that COULD suffer in years to come........but yeah thats ok cos as long as the peado has been cured everything is fine and dandy eh.
  • Options
    i dont give jack shit about the paedophile to be honest, I care about the children that COULD suffer in years to come........but yeah thats ok cos as long as the peado has been cured everything is fine and dandy eh.

If you deny them their humanity, however hard it may be for you to see it, you are just as bad as they are because that is what they do when they abuse a child.
  • Options

we cant just chuck people in jail it doesnt work, and its a waste of time and money, id rather of done soem good by making them realise how what they done was wrong, and that they have a mental issue that needs control, and as long as they can control it, they can function as a regular person in society
  • Options
    Hang on, go back and tell me where I said dont treat em ? As i said in my last post the paedo is not my main priority here.......its the children.

and 6 years is not a just sentence in my opinion. By the time he gets good behaviour knocked off how long does that mean he will serve ? Now lets just assume he has a mental disorder do you really think by the time he has been let out we can be assured he has been cured of his sexual fantasies and his fantasies about killing a child ? Some people will mental problems suffer for quite some years, im not sure that someone who has this type of fantasies can be cured in the time he has been given.
  • Options
    and 6 years is not a just sentence in my opinion. By the time he gets good behaviour knocked off how long does that mean he will serve ? Now lets just assume he has a mental disorder do you really think by the time he has been let out we can be assured he has been cured of his sexual fantasies and his fantasies about killing a child ? Some people will mental problems suffer for quite some years, im not sure that someone who has this type of fantasies can be cured in the time he has been given.
    How long would be long enough then?
  • Options
    Hang on, go back and tell me where I said dont treat em ? As i said in my last post the paedo is not my main priority here.......its the children.

with the severity of his crime 6yrs is a bit odd
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    i say treat it as a mental illness, thus allowing them to be sectioned indefinetly until they are no longer a threat to the public
    Is homosexuality a mental illness?