Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Paedophile gets 6 yrs

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kentish
    Is homosexuality a mental illness?

See my post above about whether Paedophilia is nature or nuture...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Quite.

And we aren't allowed the debate because of the strong homosexual lobby which has fought hard for its existence, so we're left with locking them [paedophiles] up and putting them on a register for life.

Is paedophilia a legitimate feeling?
  • Options
    For all the wailing of "sicko", what exactly did the man do to the children?

The punishment should match the crime, not the fantasies of the man. Thinking about things is not a crime, no matter how unpalatable the thought. Unless he does the things he fantasises about he has committed no crime.

If he had raped the children, it would have said so. If he had hurt the children it would have said so. It doesn't say so, therefore one can presume that he didn't. Therefore one can safely presume that the punishment fits the crime.

Paedophiles are people too. You might not like to think that they are, but they are, and that fact should never be forgotten.

I don't like the way everyone goes "string 'em up!" when the very mention of children is mentioned. Revenge is not pleasant to look at, and revenge is not something that the JUSTICE system is there for.
  • Options
    Quite.

And we aren't allowed the debate because of the strong homosexual lobby which has fought hard for its existence, so we're left with locking them [paedophiles] up and putting them on a register for life.

Is paedophilia a legitimate feeling?

Interesting, assuming it's legitimate, is is legitimate because of nature, or nuture? Or is something on the basis of nuture not legitimate?
  • Options

like most things a mix of both probably, like depresion and schizophrienia erc

and most abusers were abused as a child, pattern i see, and most abusers are family members

frickin hate nature nurture arguments, normally a mix of both even if ones an indirect effect

like what do you call the varying exposure to hormones in the womb, nature or nurture cause thats regulated by both the environment of what mothers life is like, and the mothers and foetuses genetic instructions
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Backing up mushroom boy I see Kermie... Though you're right.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    If this bloke interfere's with kids then it's quite obvious what he has done.

Yes, it is obvious. That is why he was convicted.

He didn't murder the girls though, did he, so his fantasies are irrelevant.
  • Options
    Interesting, assuming it's legitimate, is is legitimate because of nature, or nuture? Or is something on the basis of nuture not legitimate?
    It matters not. I have heterosexual feelings, which most people in the country can understand. Others have homosexual feelings, which fewer, but a significant number of, people can understand. Some people have paedophlilic feelings, which even fewer people can understand. But just because they are a minority, does that make the feelings unacceptable?

As far as I can see, the only objection to paedophilia can be the lack of consent of the child, which is what makes it a crime. The feeling may be normal for some, I don't know.

If paedophilia is a result of nurture (which may well be impossible to prove) then improving child welfare [e.g. preventing abuse etc.] can be an aim for reducing future paedophilia, but if it is a nature thing then I don't see how the feeling itself can be condemned.
  • Options
    paedos should be fisted in the ass with a 12" diameter red hot metal fist.

then killed.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paedophile gets 6 yrs
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    i dont give jack shit about the paedophile to be honest, I care about the children that COULD suffer in years to come........but yeah thats ok cos as long as the peado has been cured everything is fine and dandy eh.

He wouldn't be touching up little children if he no longer felt the urge to, would he? If he's not allowed to get near a child he can't kill it, can he? Sense please.

Killing, stoning, locking up for good. All seems a bit 19th century to me.

He is obviously in need of some serious counselling. Putting his windows through with a brick acheives what exactly?

The only people who need stoning are the idiots who think that publishing the names and addresses of accused sex offenders is a good idea.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    paedos should be fisted in the ass with a 12" diameter red hot metal fist.

then killed.

no.
  • Options
    How long would be long enough then?

If peados have a mental ilness kinda thing then you tell me how long someone can suffer with it ? How long's a piece of string ?
    He wouldn't be touching up little children if he no longer felt the urge to, would he? If he's not allowed to get near a child he can't kill it, can he? Sense please.

What I meant is my concern is for the child, the child will grow up possibly having problems as they do get older. I was saying i dont have any feeling for this parasite its the child who I care about. Children dont forget stuff even at such a young age, my Daughter even remembers things from when she was about 3 yr old.......what them children had done to them aint gonna go away so for once will you lot stop feeling pity for fooking morons like him...........THINK about the child. God it soooo pisses me off that you lot only focus on the the parasite and you try to make me look stupid cos I care about the child.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

He didn't murder the girls though, did he, so his fantasies are irrelevant.

thats ok then innit.
  • Options
    If peados have a mental ilness kinda thing then you tell me how long someone can suffer with it ? How long's a piece of string ?
    Maybe the string is 6 years long? Why is 6 years not enough if you cannot say how long it will take for him to be cured?
  • Options
    But just because they are a minority, does that make the feelings unacceptable?

As far as I can see, the only objection to paedophilia can be the lack of consent of the child, which is what makes it a crime.

I was gonna give you a hard time with what you have written there but I cant be arsed to be honest so instead i will say...............your talking out of your arse :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Maybe the string is 6 years long? Why is 6 years not enough if you cannot say how long it will take for him to be cured?

Did you read my post earlier ? obviously not....cos if he behaves himself then how long will he serve ? You really need to wake up.
  • Options
    Did you read my post earlier ? obviously not....cos if he behaves himself then how long will he serve ?
    What's that got to do with anything? How long is long enough?
  • Options
    six years means he wilkl be out in three ...not long enough.
  • Options
    I was gonna give you a hard time with what you have written there but I cant be arsed to be honest so instead i will say...............your talking out of your arse :rolleyes:
    Do expand on that. I'm interested.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    six years means he wilkl be out in three ...not long enough.

thank you Mr Roll.
    This guy will do 3 years yet he sexually assaulted 3 children. Kntish can you tell me that after 3 years a peadophile could be totally over whatever he thought before he commited the offences and was charged ?

Kentish I asked the question which Mr Roll just answered for me, I didnt know exactly how long he would serve. so forget about 6 years now lets assume he does what hes told and in 3 years time he and people like him are to be let back into society. I dont think someone as sick as this is ready to be let loose back in soiciety after 3 years and I wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them.

Now stop trying to make out this is not a serious offence because thats how you are coming across to me.
  • Options
    I wasn't talking about this particular case. We'd moved on from that onto paedophilia: nature or nurture. If 3 years isn't enough, tell me what is.

And are you suggesting that someone can be cured of paedophlilia?

If so, can someone be cured of homosexuality?
  • Options
    As far as I can see, the only objection to paedophilia can be the lack of consent of the child, which is what makes it a crime.

A sick crime, its not like someone nicking a fooking loaf of bread. Shit you make out this is something which aint serious well it is serious.
    As I said i aint gonna get into one with ya cos you aint reading my posts properly anyhow and failing to reply to things that I have questioned.
  • Options

If so, can someone be cured of homosexuality?

If you wanna debate that then start a new thread, this aint about homosexuality.
  • Options
    I don't like the way everyone goes "string 'em up!" when the very mention of children is mentioned. Revenge is not pleasant to look at, and revenge is not something that the JUSTICE system is there for.

And a few years in a prison is enough for screwing up someones life? Rapists, murders, peados, etc. do not deserve the life they are blessed with.
  • Options
    A sick crime, its not like someone nicking a fooking loaf of bread. Shit you make out this is something which aint serious well it is serious.
    As I said i aint gonna get into one with ya cos you aint reading my posts properly anyhow and failing to reply to things that I have questioned.
    Eh? I think you're the one deliberately or otherwise misreading my posts and quoting them out of context.

What you quoted there was in the context of whether paedophilic thoughts are legitimate - can a person be sexually attracted to a child? I said that what makes it wrong is that to carry out those fantasies they have to abuse children - i.e. have sex without consent.

I'm not pandering to paedophiles or defending their actions, but I am suggesting that paedophiles do have feelings just the same as heterosexuals and homosexuals do. I don't see how you can prevent people from having those thoughts, or punish them for the same.

ETA: syntax
  • Options
    If you wanna debate that then start a new thread, this aint about homosexuality.
    It's the same principle. Can a person's sexuality be altered? If it can then the gay rights movement is weakened. If it cannot then maybe paedophiles ought to be treated differently.
  • Options
    Maybe he'll get the help he needs. I think he should also have to pay for at least some of the help his victims need. Funny, the teen that transported and delivered to extremists the explosives used in the Madrid bombings got 6 years too. That sentence seemed like nothing...
  • Options
    I'm not pandering to paedophiles or defending their actions, but I am suggesting that paedophiles do have feelings just the same as heterosexuals and homosexuals do. I don't see how you can prevent people from having those thoughts, or punish them for the same.

The case I started this thread about was someone who HAS been convicted of turning these thoughts into actual actions, so lets not discuss those who might and those who might not, lets discuss those who have actually done it.
  • Options
    The case I started this thread about was someone who HAS been convicted of turning these thoughts into actual actions, so lets not discuss those who might and those who might not, lets discuss those who have actually done it.
    We've discussed him, and the debate has moved on to the fundamentals of paedophilia and sexual attraction. I'd be interested in what you think.
  • Options
    being gay is not wrecking an inocent childs life.
    i know a woman who is now in her late forties and over the last ten or fifteen years she has final crumpled in on herself for what happened to her as a child ...being abused by a peado.
    if your sexual urges and fanyasies are carried on in a healthy manner then there is no problem.
    abusing children is a whole different ball game ...you are damaging the child and the adult that child grows into.
    if this guy just went round battering children with a hammer ...he would get more than six years but ...the peados do far far worse damage. it has to be seen and treated as a very serious crime carrying very serious punishment.
    stealing a few quid can get you a lot longer ...that has to be wrong.
    in my opinion this guy should have been sentenced to at least at ten years ...if on release he then commits the same kind of crime he should be given life but ...if he is willing to be chemicaly castrated to put an end to the damage he is causing ...let him out very early on.