Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mad world.....

13»

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I just remembered... Some months ago, I read of a song that many people got obsessed with and eventually killed themselves. It could be just a rumour though.

As for the butterfly effect, I agree it's a great movie. But I prefer the cinema ending than the DVD one, I always prefer happy endings.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not much of a hip-hop/rap fan, but I think quoting these lyrics here do this whole post justice:

"They say music can alter moods and talk to you
    Well can it load a gun up for you, and cock it too
    Well if it can, then the next time you assault a dude
    Just tell the judge it was my fault and i'll get sued"

Thats exactly what I feel about it all, its like blaming a shop for someone shoplifting because the "goods" evoked thoughts of stealing.. at the end of the day, your in control of your own choices, you can't blame music for what you choose to do with yourself.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Justin Sane
    Yeah, the Orbital track rocks... nothing like it!

Two of my favourite songs for reflective thinking are:

* A Man Called Adam - Easter Song
    * All Saints - Pure Shores

The All Saints one is a bit of an odd one for me, but I canned it during a difficult time I was having, it was like an escape song! Easter Song just reminds me of moving to NZ, unexpected journey, going somewhere tropical.. its excellent for relaxation!

Have a look for Nor Elle - Silent Storm. That's another reflective type track. Also, William Orbit - O-Give