Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

mad world.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this should go in the entertainment section. but seeing as its hardly entertaining i thought not.

the song mad world........last years christmas number one.

last year had the largest number of sucides, murders, attmepted sucides, and mental paicents admitted into hospitals over christmas new year period since 1994.

and critics all believe it's because of this song......

what do you think?

AND NO I DID NOT FUCKING WELL PUT THIS IN THE WRONG FUCKING FORUM YOU FUCKING ARSES!

Comments

• Options
    it was defiantely a very depressing version of the song, personally i hated it because of that. far too bleak for the time of year.

WHERE HAVE THE VENGABOYS GONE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE?!?!!?!?!?!!?
  • Options
    beautiful song is all i knows.
  • Options
    Re: mad world.....
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity

AND NO I DID NOT FUCKING WELL PUT THIS IN THE WRONG FUCKING FORUM YOU FUCKING ARSES!

Who rattled your cage tonight :eek2:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The song was fucking wank. Not suprised people jumped off bridges.
  • Options
    Re: Re: mad world.....
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Who rattled your cage tonight :eek2:

Exactly what i was thinking.

Just a little silly girl looking for attention.
  • Options
    Its just a coincedence. How can a bloody song do such things?!:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Godders

music can have a reall effect on your mood. it's scienctifically proven.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Godders

because people in general are sheep and are subject to mind control from various forms of 'entertainment'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    WHERE HAVE THE VENGABOYS GONE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE?!?!!?!?!?!!?

they are all now holiday reps in ibiza......thank god....
  • Options

yea..maybe it would make u abit sadder or happier. But not so much as to force you to commit suicide and other things mentioned.
  • Options

True, but for anyone to go and kill themselves over a song is a bit.....pathetic really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    True, but for anyone to go and kill themselves over a song is a bit.....pathetic really.

*awaits the crowd of people to cuss you out for typing that*

you know if i'd said that i'd be getting crucified over it.
  • Options

think about it. there are more cases of suicide over the christmas period as it is. it only takes a little something to push you over the edge. it's a trigger. not really pathetic. it's just odd and intresting how the human mind works.
  • Options
    think about it. there are more cases of suicide over the christmas period as it is. it only takes a little something to push you over the edge. it's a trigger. not really pathetic. it's just odd and intresting how the human mind works.

It's because Christmas is seen as the time to come together and be loved, therefore it exposes people to feel a lot more lonely. I don't think a song would push someone over the edge, I think that if you're depressed then it's probably the type of song you'd play while considering it, but it won't be the main reason you kill yourself.
  • Options
    if a song pushes you over the edge then there can't have been much more than a spiders web holding you there ...
  • Options
    It's because Christmas is seen as the time to come together and be loved, therefore it exposes people to feel a lot more lonely. I don't think a song would push someone over the edge, I think that if you're depressed then it's probably the type of song you'd play while considering it, but it won't be the main reason you kill yourself.

no but your right, the depressing song that people play whilst in contempation. it's a very depressing song, and that might tip the balance of whether they go ahead or not.
  • Options
    I think it's true.

In the same way listening to heavy metal and playing Doom MAKES YOU GO CRAZY AND SHOOT UP YOUR SCHOOL.

Fuckwits.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    if a song pushes you over the edge then there can't have been much more than a spiders web holding you there ...

but isn't that all that life is anyway? fragile?
  • Options
    but isn't that all that life is anyway? fragile?
    no.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    I think it's true.

In the same way listening to heavy metal and playing Doom MAKES YOU GO CRAZY AND SHOOT UP YOUR SCHOOL.

Fuckwits.

but that kid played MANHUNT and killed that other kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg.

even though the police stated the kid never owned a copy and it was the victim that owned it.... well he should've known what was coming then eh? KEEP TO THE SHADOWS!!!!!

ugh i hate the news industry.
  • Options
    I think it's true.

Fuckwits.

if kids are that impressionable these days then shoot them or lock them up.

but seriously, suicidal people are very vunerable, seriously vunerable, and i know from personal exsperiance that little meaningless things can tip the balance....
  • Options
    I think it's true.

Fuckwits.

Obviously. I have a hit list under my bed. Y'see, I listen to everything rock bands say, for example there is a band called Slipknot and they say "Spit it out" so naturally I don't swallow :p
  • Options
    I suppose it's no coincidence that East 17 were christmas number one in 1994. That would certainly have thrown me over the edge..........
  • Options
    if kids are that impressionable these days then shoot them or lock them up.

but seriously, suicidal people are very vunerable, seriously vunerable, and i know from personal exsperiance that little meaningless things can tip the balance....
    are you saying we have to watch what songs or poems we wright now cos some individual might take it serious? come on.
    the worlds the world ...people have to harden up ...or jump.
  • Options
    are you saying we have to watch what songs or poems we wright now cos some individual might take it serious? come on.

no what i'm saying is just the fact that for suicidal people, little things can count. i'm surtainly not saying we should censor songs or poems. fuck, all my lyrics would be burnt and sylvia plath would have never become famous.

it's the people who it tip the balance for's problem. not anyone elses.
  • Options

try telling that to the people who read/write the daily mail though... it's common sense to us yet them? nay, 'tis like witchcraft i tell thee! burn them all!
  • Options
    sylvia plath

who?

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    but that kid played MANHUNT and killed that other kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg.

even though the police stated the kid never owned a copy and it was the victim that owned it.... well he should've known what was coming then eh? KEEP TO THE SHADOWS!!!!!

Yeah, I remember the headline as well "Teen murders victim in re-enactment of scene from video game". Even 'though it turned out there was no actual scene that vaguely resembled it in the whole game...

I remember after the Columbine shooting's too. Apparently the kids who did it were listening to Marilyn Manson before school and the police found a copy of Doom in one of their rooms later on.

I honestly can't begin to comprehend how people can link these things in their head.

I even remember several news sites and TV programs saying Doom was so violent and realistic it was used by the US army to help train their troops. I kid you not. Doom.

How is firing an M16 at an enemy soldier in any way similar to using a keyboard and a mouse to battle 2D pixelated Hell demons?

S'pose if they were playing the game with 'Friendly Fire' turned off it might explain a few things in Iraq though...
  • Options

So you think only those annoying holiday jingles should be played at Christmas?

That's not a solution. These people don't need all potentially 'sad' songs filtered from their ears, but something completely different and actually helpful.
  • Options

If the song actually did 'tip the balance', something else woulda done it anyway even if the song wasn't around.

Kids these days are pussies anyway. You never heard stories of your dad/grandad or any of his friends cutting or killing themselves. What you do hear is how life back then was so much harder than it is now, so why such a high suicide/self harm rate?

Back in my day we'd just declare war on Germany again and that would sort them out.