Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

'anti social' behaviour

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    now i believe in the trinity ....you three have to be one and the same person.
    good act.

It can hardly be a "good act" if you've rumbled it.

Only, you are very, very wrong .............

I am not eternalsunshine or endlessmoonbeam, but I very definitely am freethepeeps.
    Originally posted by Friend_85
    :yes: annoying, no?

You find it annoying when a group of people act in a way that excludes you?

Me too :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan (t)roll
    now i believe in the trinity ....you three have to be one and the same person.
    good act.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by endlessmoonbeam
    anyway ...does it realy matter?
  • Options
    anyway ...does it realy matter?

It seems to be using up a lot of time, bandwidth and posts.

Father, son and Holy Ghost?

Guess which one I end up with, again.........

:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    It seems to be using up a lot of time, bandwidth and posts.

Father, son and Holy Ghost?

Guess which one I end up with, again.........

:(
    Bless you my son :)
  • Options
    On second thoughts...can I be the Ghost this time...pleeeeease :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by eternalsunshine
    On second thoughts...can I be the Ghost this time...pleeeeease :rolleyes:
    Who are you people anyway :confused:
  • Options
    Sorry about the slight diversion but this thread was about 'anti social behaviour' was it not
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    I don't believe it. Everysingle thread has been hijacked by Mr 3 clan!

Oh me! Oh My!

How many ways are there to say this ? - There are 3 different people, each of whom has their own user individual user name.

What is dominating some of the threads is the collective paranoioa of regulars, who have managed to whip themselves into a frenzy by deciding that 3 people are one person, and that that one person is some character called "moronacrat"

You're wrong on all counts folks!!!!

Anyway, while you lot beaver away at trying to make 3 very different people into 1, the government is beavering away at making it possible for neighbours to grass each other up more easily

Whilst the use of ASBOs is already rising sharply, a raft of measures are being introduced , which include :
    screening to hide witnesses from the defendant, the provision of evidence by live link or in private and video-recorded testimony.

So, look forward to the day when ASBOs get served on kids who don't know what they're supposed to have done, or who's accusing them.

If that isn't "anti-social behaviour", I don't know what is anymore.
  • Options
    If that isn't "anti-social behaviour", I don't know what is anymore.

maybe you don't as your prefer to champion hard-done toe-rags in their criminality against their hapless victims.

Yoof crime is all to prevalent except in your world, its got to a stage where the measures outlined are the preferred option to social breakdown

Pretty soft stuff anyway isn't it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by slade

Pretty soft stuff anyway isn't it?

:crazyeyes
  • Options
    should we await a miscarriage of justice called the Birmingham Six year old?:D
  • Options
    Inspector Barney Gardom said:
    “Groups of people acting in an anti-social manner and hanging around can be very intimidating for members of the community who are nearby, particularly in the evenings, and for the powers to have such an impact means only good news for both the police and the community."

So, hanging around with your mates is now anti-social behaviour -because you can bet your bottom dollar that the cops will use these powers if they see a group.

Who are these people who feel intimidated? Is there an element of racism in that feeling? Are they affected by the scare stories that flood the media?

Either behaviour is illegal, or it isn't.

The biggest problem with ASBOs is the danger that they criminalise non criminal behaviour.

:)
  • Options
    Inspector Barney Gardom said:

So, hanging around with your mates is now anti-social behaviour -because you can bet your bottom dollar that the cops will use these powers if they see a group.

Who are these people who feel intimidated? Is there an element of racism in that feeling? Are they affected by the scare stories that flood the media?

The biggest problem with ASBOs is the danger that they criminalise non criminal behaviour.

A group of kids hanging around isn't of itself a bad thing. We've all been there, we've all done it.
    When that group of kids is CONSTANTLY abusing local residents, smashing property, flinging excrement on people's walls and other things then they need to be dealt with.
    In times gone by a police officer or one of those residents would go out and give the kid a clip round the ear and told to piss off home, the kid would realise they've been a twat and would do just that. When they got home and told their parents they'd recieve another slap and made to go round to that person's house and apologise.

I'm not talking about Dixon of Dock Green era either, this was happening and little as 15 years ago. I remember being in school in the first year of primary and recieving a good dose of corporal punishment and getting a bigger dose when I got home.

But, none of this is allowed anymore. There is effectively NO WAY of teaching children right and wrong. They aren't being punished for engaging in behaviour that verges more towards the criminal than just being kids hanging around.

So yes, I agree with ASBO's, and with dispersal orders. I've yet to meet a single resident in the areas I work who doesn't agree with them.

By the way, the only people who don't agree with them it seems are the people who don't have to live with the hell of being woken up at 1am by kids setting off fireworks in your letter box or waking up to find pellet holes in your windows.
  • Options
    Blimey a cop who wants a police state - who'd have thought it?

• Options
    Blimey a cop who wants a police state - who'd have thought it?

oh fuck off! how the hell do you translate whowheres statement into that kind of crap ...come on explain.
    i agree and dissagree on a regular basis with this guy ...to turn his last staement into copsville is fucking ludicrous.
  • Options
    The main cause is boredom and lack of things to do for people in the community, also some are just dicks and want to wreck everything.

Alcohol plays a very big part in most anti social behaviour cases.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Alcohol
    only partly true mate ...some of them have never seen alcohol ..they are just anti social dickheads and need a fucking slap.
  • Options
    oh fuck off! how the hell do you translate whowheres statement into that kind of crap ...come on explain.
    i agree and dissagree on a regular basis with this guy ...to turn his last staement into copsville is fucking ludicrous.

Read his post very carefully.

BTW I live on an inner city council estate - I bet he doesn't.
  • Options
    only partly true mate ...some of them have never seen alcohol ..they are just anti social dickheads and need a fucking slap.

• Options

BTW I live on an inner city council estate - I bet he doesn't.

oh yea i bet you're really `ard aren't ya, yea man, i'm from the streets, big man :rolleyes:
  • Options
    your problem is ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    oh yea i bet you're really `ard aren't ya, yea man, i'm from the streets, big man :rolleyes:

Why do I get the feeling thats a description of you?

:confused:

As it goes, its not me at all.

And it wasn't on the council application form either

:p
  • Options
    your problem is ...

• Options
    Why do I get the feeling thats a description of you?

:confused:

As it goes, its not me at all.

And it wasn't on the council application form either

:p

:lol:

I can picture you out of it like that.